Introspective incursions

Strange patterns intraday making it difficult to derive projections. 3 day cycle projection of 1368 may be applicable. 2 day cycle is in a down phase- sideways so far. If no pullback soon, look for that pop to 1368.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cycling is fine in northern Europe where you have a cool climate and many medium sized cities and not so much sprawl. I don't see many people cycling the 40 mile commute into Manhattan from Nassau County in July any time soon.

In the US, most people drive because they have no reasonable alternative. In cities with good public transportation like NY, Philly, Boston, and Chicago, most people take the trains and subways. The idea that everybody in a car is a fat lazy slob really isn't a fair assessment.

Cycling is fine in northern Europe where you have a cool climate and many medium sized cities and not so much sprawl. I don't see many people cycling the 40 mile commute into Manhattan from Nassau County in July any time soon.

In the US, most people drive because they have no reasonable alternative. In cities with good public transportation like NY, Philly, Boston, and Chicago, most people take the trains and subways. The idea that everybody in a car is a fat lazy slob really isn't a fair assessment.

Those 4 may be the only cities in the U.S. with decent public transportation. I find it to be rare in the U.S. You might think that somewhere like Seattle, where people recycle obsessively, would have decent public transportation. Au contraire. The transportation system is good only for a very few routes. E.g. you can get from downtown to anywhere. You can get from anywhere to downtown. But it takes forever to get from Point A to Point B, neither of which is downtown.

Those 4 may be the only cities in the U.S. with decent public transportation. I find it to be rare in the U.S. You might think that somewhere like Seattle, where people recycle obsessively, would have decent public transportation. Au contraire. The transportation system is good only for a very few routes. E.g. you can get from downtown to anywhere. You can get from anywhere to downtown. But it takes forever to get from Point A to Point B, neither of which is downtown.

I prefer the country side. Can't stand the cities. Nothing better than being on a chopper, out in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere. Where if you gotta take a leak, you just pull over and spray the boots....

Archived