Hard Candy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back. Musta caught one o' dem dere viruses y'all was talkin' about!

Anywho, I see this has become the thread for movie reviews and gold stocks. When I get back Thursday, I will have to crack the whip, or do somerthing to make the market interesting enough for discussion purposes.

Merry Christmass to all!

Only a jam in the dollar could move this market up from here. 105 to 106 might be about all they could get. The budget will require refunding as early as Feb - more debt - what a mess. I don't see any way the dollar can recover to a higher range. Too many problems, unemployment, trade and, of course, Bush wants to get elected. He will never get elected with a stronger dollar. So the dollar is toast in my opinion. As goes the dollar so goes the markets - gold up and yields up.

Guest The CoinGuy

Yosh,

As far as the silver miners go, I took a good look at them when I purchase my initial positions in the sector. I didn't like what I see, but I thought CDE and PAAS held promise, so I just purchased these two, I continue to hold full positions in both, but CDE, has been one hell of a wild ride. I'm just tucking these away for a long-term hold.

The CoinGuy

There is a massive short position on the COMEX in silver. So I doubt you could lose money holding the metal. The miners bother me a little, but I hold some CDE anyway since it could make a nice move if silver goes over $5.00. I believe Gates holds a fair amount of PAAS, so it can't be that risky.

Archived