B4 The Bell Moonday August 30

OPEN MOUTH operations in full swing...Donald Evans said today that we will see a continuation of the downward trend in oil prices as new capacity continues to come on line, and OPEC said they will bring an additional 1 million barrels per day to market in the coming months.

Then THE BOYS got to work stuffing the price, and created the illusion that these words were actually true...despite the fact that everyone knows they're not.

All Lies...All The time.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of our trip was to attend the wedding of a Pal's son who is a 24 yr old Broker with a national Company. So the reception at the Grand Pacific Hotel in Victoria was chock full of sharpies in silk suits. When the Master of Ceremonies introduced the Vice-President of the Company I turn around and there at the next table is "Marty"-Marty and I go back 20 years he still has the same tan but less hair. Marty smiles and says Papa Bear how are ya-Brian smiles and says fine Marty still screwing the masses?? A young guy at the table says Marty you guys obviously have a history-we both nod. The young guy follows me around the rest of the night telling me how much money he can make me in the market. Same old, same old-the beat goes on! ;)

Republican David Dreier just declared:

Nearly 60% of the American public fall into the "investor class" and this includes the majority of the middle class.

Huh?

This may refer to 401Ks and the like (defined benefit pensions are basically

a thing odf the past).

he is likely including all the 401K bagholders. only problem is he was using the 60% figure to argue for a 0% capital gains tax, which of course would not help those bagholders at all.

Hyper

I want to thank you for last nights post-I may not agree with everything you say but I do admire you for the comprehensive density of fact in your posts--and your obvious humanitarianism,a terribly abused word, but in your case an honorific justifiably entitled--

ps Hooray for Silver--

pps Kerry's daughters were booed at last nights music awards show(I forget the name of the forum)

beardrech-- :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: Stoolies I welcome any and all of you to use me and my sentiments freely as a walking barometer of thinking in the streets--I'm a walking encyclopoedia of low level thoughts and sentiments and whatever I say you can be rest assured is in the hearts and minds of the mob--Why god blessed me with this natural talent I do not know;all I can do is be thankful for my blessings---Ich bin ein Mobocrat--

NYSE Seat just sold for $1.15 million - down $100,000 from most recent sale.

If NYSE Seat sales are dropping in value everytime they change hands (they are), what clearer indicator do you need for future market direction?

Watch NITE and ET

Nearly 60% of the American public fall into the "investor class" and this includes the majority of the middle class.

Huh?

This may refer to 401Ks and the like (defined benefit pensions are basically

a thing odf the past).

Re: returning to pre-social insurance environments: we cannot replicate

the pre-1930's world. We are not going back to an old world.

Were going into a new world.

For one thing, the distribution of the population is much

less rural (alters food availability), families are less cohesive

(fewer nuclear let alone extended families),

and little savings in aggregate (people saved ).

Also, Walmarts were not around in the past,

driving out small town/rural business.

People could be poor, but survive.

Key: in the past, multiple potential sources of safety nets.

Today: paper goodies

IMHO, no one can know what a new world will bring,

but to think one can "go back" given radical change is irrational.

Amen

So alone and afraid, in a world i never made" am I that i'm seriously thinking of putting a revolver in my medicine cabinet--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: But what do I care--Hiyo Silver Awaaaaaaaay and as for you Tonto--So long sucker--your pension is in the sonora desert-go look for it-and send me a telegram--saying Now I believe you Keemo sabee -Ranger

Huh?

According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics this is then the result--the percentage gets whittled down to 5% by retirement.

US Bureau of Labour Statistics presents the following statistics:

Take 100 people who start work aged 25.By the time these people reach the age of 65----

1% is rich

4% has sufficient capital to retire

3% must continue to work

63% is dependent on SS,friends, family or charity

29% is deceased

Huh?

According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics this is then the result--the percentage gets whittled down to 5% by retirement.

US Bureau of Labour Statistics presents the following statistics:

Take 100 people who start work aged 25.By the time these people reach the age of 65----

1% is rich

4% has sufficient capital to retire

3% must continue to work

63% is dependent on SS,friends, family or charity

29% is deceased

BrownOne:

Is this Multiple Choice?

I choose Rich.

Now who do I see about that?

FBI has 60% fewer agents available in california to pursue white collar crime as a direct result of Homeland Security issues they are tied up by.

Probably just a coincidence, eh?

Let's see, who benefits from that?

Amazingly - some are making out like bandits while the rest of the country cowers in fear.

Archived