Uncle Buck rises from the dead

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re the TEOTWAWKI chatter about the Oct 25th date.....the specifics of the linguistic bot forecast were for 'emotional tension release' to end on that date, and for a tension build to begin into early Nov (paraphrasing, but that's more or less it).

The report actually marked Oct 25th as the beginning of fiscal/economic meltdown.

Just FWIW.

Tension? what tension?

post-837-1256598547.jpg

2 weeks ago i picked up some BIDU december 350 puts at 10.80 or so...

I then sold half at 13. I then sold most of it at about 10 after it broke support.

I keep 4 for the heck of it 'JUST IN CASE'.

Anyone want to take a guess where these will open tomorrow?

acck, I thought about that today, thought I'd pick some up..... phone rang, got distracted, forgot.....

aggggghhhhhh

My brother just called after talking with his brother-in-law, who is a Lt. Commander in the US Navy. He is a carrier pilot who has flown combat missions and is now a trainer. He called BS on the claim that gold is carried in emergency packs. He said they have what they call a "blood chit" which is a fabric sown into their uniforms with a map of the foreign terrain they are flying over, that also has "coupons" in the relevant foreign language that offers a reward from the US governement for helping return the pilot to safety. He thought that is might have been possible for pilots to carry gold in the old days, but it is not happening at this time. So there, edumacation for all of us.

Things really do change over time.

So now it seems aviators are given IOUs and we assume the locals are stupid enough to accept them. Of course, it also requires our military members to believe that the chits are worth something in the hostile territory. But then again, so does our populace with the FRNs.

I find this most amusing, and yet again reassures me of the correctness of my personal past decisions.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

1. remember, the Buck will survive, but not the Buck Based Bonds, for they will trade at 30% yields, and then they too will be stick saved with a partial gold cover clause. trust your jickiss, however, there is a Large Downside in price between today's yield on the 30 year Trashury, and its price, when the same Item yields 30%. Not sure??? Better get one of them old fashioned bond calculators..... HOO HA!

2. even Doc has said that there is -0- money in the (equity) market.....why do you thimk that the made INSIDERS have been out of equities since indu 13,000?

3. Here is the real Gold Chart, in case you are worried.

4. So far, as Buddha pointed out aeons ago, nothing has happened.......but very soon something well planned will emerge....

post-1911-1256599401_thumb.png

Chit happens....

When I left my firm at the end of July I had 30 Jan 35 Kitty Cat Calls that I dumped for a gain of about 2 bucks.....the stock at the time was closing in on 40 on it's way to 60...then I got my new account set up..shorted it for a few pennies then bought the calls and dumped em for a small gain..then it ran to 60.....

I know where you are coming from as does every other trader....I've got a ton of stories..some great....and some not so good...sometimes not being around helps me because the pigmen are pros at hypnotizing you into the wrong trade if you stare at the tape all day....seems like every move that seems right is wrong lately.

I will admit...I had got pretty heavily short and when we ramped this morning, it was tough to hold on....cleaned out my biggest position today. Don't want any part of Thursday's GDP crap. See what happens after that,,,

2 weeks ago i picked up some BIDU december 350 puts at 10.80 or so...

I then sold half at 13. The rest i sold at 10 after it broke support.

I keep 4 for the heck of it 'JUST IN CASE'.

Anyone want to take a guess where these will open tomorrow?

Still bedshatting

376 -13.5%

I was a USN carrier pilot in the 1970's.

At that time, if we were going on a mission over Injun Country we were issued side arms if we wanted them, either .38's or .45's and a wax sealed kit about the size of a sardine can.

We signed for them and turned them back in after the mission.

The sardine can kit was in addition to the standard survival kit in the bottom of the ejection seat.

The sardine can kit definately had a gold coin of some kind and American notes in it. Plus some other items like a folded up 6 foot American flag made of silk-for signaling and the "take me to safety and you will be richly rewarded" message in multiple languages.

I always thought the most interesting stuff was actually in the standard survival kit, not the combat zone one. O f course it had all the things you would expect, like first aid stuff, water purification tablets, a signaling mirror, etc.

And, there was also a standard, Government issued condom, latex, non-lubricated, one each.

I never understood why there was just one.

We were taught the many uses of condom at survival school, with the instructors winking and nodding about the obvious one, which was not part of that training session.

Anyway, you can use a condom as a tourniquet, as a water container, as a waterproof cover and probably lots more things that I can't remember.

The practical exercise for the condom was opening the pack with our "off hand" (ie left hand for righties) and pissing into it to capture our own urine to reserve it as a last chance anti-botic for any open wounds.

I remember some of my flying buddies opining that carrying the gold and money were a bad idea, since it was just as likely to be a reason for the locals to kill you on sight to grab it as it was for them to help. From that point of view, the "take me to safety" note was more powerful, especially if you kept your pair of .45's in plain view. :ninja:

Times and gear changes, so if modern air-crews aren't carrying gold and notes on combat missions, then they aren't.

I will admit...I had got pretty heavily short and when we ramped this morning, it was tough to hold on....cleaned out my biggest position today. Don't want any part of Thursday's GDP crap. See what happens after that,,,

I had a mental stop of ES 1083 on some SPY puts, forced myself to sell after the ramp.

Within minutes it was clear my sale was the low of the day.

Minimal loss, more opportunity cost, but seeing my dumbass low print on the screen all day was pretty irritating and humbling.

Phat...I had 2 positions on the SPY...dumped one that had a small loss on and held the 110's overnight which are safe .....when we started rolling I bught some puts on crapple which are up a couple of bucks,

I mentioned earlier that traders were probably taken out on a stretcher......this was a beeatch to navigate. One minute it looked like you were toast then whammo....

What I've been doing is keeping the currency screen always open as it effects stocks and gold...until it doesn't.....thats what kept me in today and the weak early price action in miners.....

Archived