The Honest Money Act

Bring Back Honest Money

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

Ron Paul in the US House of Representatives, July 25, 2003

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce the Honest Money Act. The Honest Money Act repeals legal tender laws, a.k.a. forced tender laws, that compel American citizens to accept fiat (arbitrary) irredeemable paper-ticket or electronic money as their unit of account.

Absent legal tender laws, individuals acting through the markets, rather than government dictates, determine what is to be used as money. Historically, the free-market choice for money has been some combination of gold and silver, whenever they were available. As Dr. Edwin Vieira, the nation?s top expert on constitutional money, states: ?A free market functions most efficiently and most fairly when the market determines the quality and the quantity of money that?s being used.?

While fiat money is widely accepted thanks to legal tender laws, it does not maintain its purchasing power. This works to the disadvantage of ordinary people who lose the purchasing power of their savings, pensions, annuities, and other promises of future payment . . .

In full

Rep. Ron Paul's introduction of The Honest Money Act, HR 2779, on July 25 is an idea whose time has not only come but is long overdue.

I'm asking two things from all of you who would support this:

First, please start a chain emailing of this article to all of your contacts and ask them to do the same, etc. Let's do our part in making as many people as possible in this country aware of the existence of this proposed legislation. The ultimate goal here, as in the anti-carry tax campaign, is to reach as many other legislators as possible to encourage and facilitate broad-based support for this.

Second, please start sending this courageous statesman lots of good energy, prayers and white light so that The Force is with him in this as well as to provide him with whatever protection he might need.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning and Good Stool to all. Hope you had a great weak end!

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded, and it should make goldbugs nervous. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool.Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! And remember all that's gold, doesn't always glitter. Or sumpthin'.

Doc will be back with a Suctor Watchs update and your pre-market outlook in the Anals, around 9:00 SHT. If you are interested in fine tuning your timing, Stooltrading is the place for you. Doc gives commentary and illustrations of intraday cycles throughout the day with projections for highs, lows, and cycle time turns for the SPX and QQQ, that are frequently right on the money. He also gives cmap targets for individual stocks by request. Many of your fellow stoolies share their charts and trading ideas as well. Each has a different style, and one may be just right for you. There are no superstars in Stooltrading, just Doc and a group of hard working Stoolies, honestly trying to help each other and themselves, constantly checking and balancing one another's views. Yes, it's always good to have checks and balances. The more checks the more the balances. So take a subscribatory to Stooltrading RIGHT NOW, and increase your checks and balances! Become a Stooltrader and join the fun!

Enjoyed a nice long weekend outside of the Arena, away from all of the discussion about gaming the Matrix.

Looks like I returned just in time for the usual 3:00am Pee Boner, which shows up with regularity when there are too many cat calls about an impending selloff.

Rather shocked to see a non-reaction to the ongoing T-Bond disaster, except for the crack in the bank index.

But that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Banks are not the economy.

T-Bonds are not the economy.

AMAT is the economy.

Follow AMAT, the guidepost to your future, my future, the Paper Pyramid's future, Al Green's future, and all the rest.....

Keno table pit bosses over in Europe upgrading Infineon and ASML this morning, so the Supermodels will be getting another bra strap hike......

I could not get into my Whatahose account this morning. I called Whattahose and they told me to go to this address:

www.tdwaterhose.com/aol

Try this is any of you have a problem. They are having "some problems."

I'd say! :angry:

Archived