IDS World Markets Fri 12th October 07

Not seeing a big potential for a plungerama here...but I'm open to surprises.. :D

post-1110-1192212951_thumb.jpg

614776[/snapback]

I see massive potential for more of the usual bullshite.

614780[/snapback]

Yep...until we get an expansion of new lows...we aint going down with any conviction....

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intraday action looks kinda like this:

post-1762-1192213896_thumb.jpg

...which is why you gotta be extra careful here

post-1762-1192213927.jpg

614787[/snapback]

Suds, who was that soccer coach you used to post on days like this? :D

614789[/snapback]

Well, it ain't soccer, but....

614791[/snapback]

I think he may have been a Polish guy. Looked kind of like a sailor. Bored to tears. Kind of stoic. :)

Timely (sic) article in this month's SmartMoney (sic) magazine: "Ready to Get In on the Russian Bull Market?"

Snips:

"Russia simply isn't getting enough love."

"Russian eCONomy is booming thanks to record energy and commodity prices."

"I expect we ain't seen nothing yet."

This assumes, of course, you consider 5,620% gains since 1998...."nothing". Or an anemic 1,175% gain since 2001.

If that qualifies as "nothing", then it will be interesting to see "something."

http://www.smartmoney.com/invisiblehand/in...71011&afl=yahoo

Anybody got any news on GOOG or did they just ram it up 6 points becaue they could?

614790[/snapback]

Looks like a relative handful of price-insensitive buyers combined with zero sellers. Pretty much what we've seen since 9/18.

These price-insensitive chasers turn to sellers all at once, as we saw yesterday. That's when volume goes bonkers and we get the brief, though spectacular, waterfall effect. Then we return to our regularly scheduled program of escalator/elevator.

In many ways, we've been seeing this all year. We had an low-vol escalator in Jan/Feb, then the Feb/Mar elevator. Then another low-vol escalator in Jun/Jul, then the Jul/Aug elevator. The trading at the margins (and of the margined) is leading the parade.

Although it has been the pattern of late not all tops are preceded by drops in internals indicated by falling a/d or expansion of new lows. Here is a graph on new lows preceding the Mar 7 top in '05. As you can see new lows weren't high at all. The SPX dropped 6 1/2% into May.

post-1579-1192215368_thumb.jpg

Archived