Feelings

To phat, Bird D, BearlyAlive, Doc, Greg, MouseyDung and all of you others who joined in this morning's healing for Nancy's brother William - thank you from the two of us! Your support gives us lots of warm fuzzies. :) We're hoping to have some word on this sometime later today and I'll let you know.

To Simple Guy - I'm real glad you're still with us. You are making so many contributions to this board and I would feel terrible if you left. And I know this feeling is shared by many here. You are another one of the teachers I talked about in my opening commentary for the New Year.

And regarding the recent difficulties here, Rich couldn't have said it better (from last night's Mark To Market):

Rich in moderator mode.

We lose good people because sometimes we get careless in our interactions. There are a lot of giant egos around here. That's to be expected from us. What we all need to do is keep it under control.  Pointing out that someone was wrong, talking down to other stoolies or generally acting superior will cause trouble. Care must be taken. Control must be exercised. We are supposed to be adults. In order to maintain what we have here we must work at it. Just like a relationship with a partner. Some of us have thick skins, some thin. And remember on the internet no one can see your facial expressions or body language. Use smiley faces to take the edge off.

Sorry for being preachy.

p.s. This is not directed at anyone in particular. :)  

Carry on

Rich :wink2:

Which ties right in with my opening AM commentaries of Monday and Tuesday this week. Remember, my friends, EGO is an acronym for Edge God Out. Obeying the Golden Rule of doing unto others as you would have others do unto you will go a long way towards keeping peace in the family.

And finally, I'm real glad that I can once again come to town when it's daylight. :) :) :) I missed hanging out with you guys and gals!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad and Rich and all other moderators too (and cf course you Doc!) -- Thank you for the time you contribute to our community. This is truly a wonderful place when everyone is contributing and sensitive to the fact that someone else may have made a bad trading decision based on their system. No system is perfect 100% of the time (don't we all wish!) so inevitably it will be us sometime on the losing end.

I'd also like to thank and applaud all Stoolies who are brave enough to post their trades -- that takes guts even in a supportive community like this. Many times having an idea of what others are doing gives me the wisdom to wait or the courage to take the risk on a trade. There are some wonderful teachers here.

I'd also like to thank and applaud all Stoolies who are brave enough to post their trades -- that takes guts even in a supportive community like this. Many times having an idea of what others are doing gives me the wisdom to wait or the courage to take the risk on a trade. There are some wonderful teachers here.

What she said

As usual, Glad says it best. I've always considered the phrase "fragile ego" an oxymoron, particularly when one's ego fails to yeild to a Higher Power. That said, criticism of a CONCEPT is NOT personal criticism, is well placed on a site such as this, and is vital to making informed conclusion. Not a peep out of me re: astrologers, E-wavers, fundamentalists or ass pickers. Each has it's due. The concepts, however, are quite legitimate targets and should not be repressed.

If the politically correct practice is now to walk on egg-shells, particularly on a site named CapitalStool, then perhaps one really needs to look closely at what one is really trying to get out of this site.

Back from my trip to the coin store

SG Great Calls

Where do you see spx. I'm sure I didn't follow you correctly.

This is wave 1 of 3 of 3 of 3, so we get a bounce here to resell?

Hourly macd show some bullish divergence on the sp futures. lower sp lows, higher macd lows.

Picked up some Krugerands, a maple leaf, and an aussie nugget.

Asked about palladium coins but they trade at too much of a premium. Bot palladium futures 2 days ago.

It's been lagging the other metals. up 14 bucks an ounce today. I'll stick with the contracts, screw the coins.

Archived