IDS World Markets Fri 17th August 07

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazy,

i wouldnt catch a falling knife either. You can bet your ass that most traders lost money, much money, today and last few days.

601058[/snapback]

How would you have done if you had known there was going to be a rate cut this morning?

Feds really trying to entice buyers to the markets. Could be a double whammy if the SOW closes below 13,000 1. Fed failed in their effort to support 2. Fed failed in their effort to support.

The market closes had been interesting of late but today should be a  real telltale. Looks more like a smoke screen for longs to unload. I don't see any more cash readily available, someone will have to continue selling soon to raise cash. We'll see if profits are taken for the weekend or the news-noise produces a rumor of further cuts.

A destructive hurricane is a good thing for the markets, free money from the Feds.

601044[/snapback]

Somebody mentioned earlier that the market sells of until noon then futures check in, followed by an upward ramp into the close of the day. Wash, rinse, repeat. :lol:

Keeping an eye on CCJ.

601033[/snapback]

I am very leary of CCJ. I read,can't remember where, that CCJ has hedged for 2008@28/lb. Kitco shows a spot price of 105. :unsure: Shades of NEM's 2 biliilion hit :huh:

601060[/snapback]

I am out, someone is still selling it on every rally.

Keeping an eye on CCJ.

601033[/snapback]

I am very leary of CCJ. I read,can't remember where, that CCJ has hedged for 2008@28/lb. Kitco shows a spot price of 105. :unsure: Shades of NEM's 2 biliilion hit :huh:

601060[/snapback]

hmm...Thanks for the heads up.

But if that's the case then why the run up from the 30s to the high 55?

Trading does look like crap.

crazy,

i wouldnt catch a falling knife either. You can bet your ass that most traders lost money, much money, today and last few days.

601058[/snapback]

How would you have done if you had known there was going to be a rate cut this morning?

601061[/snapback]

given the hammer yest maybe took a small long position. But waiting on the sidelines is definitely also a good option.

I am starting to think that these recent market dislocations may have caught Wall Street and certain high profile hedge funds (the connected ones like Carlye, not the run of the mill hedgies) by surprise and thus they were unable to position themselves for the rout and more importantly for the ability to profit -- thus -- the Fed will intervene on behalf of the Robber Barrons until they are positioned and then the real fun will begin. By then, the confidence in the market will have been reestablished and they will be in a better position to pull the rug out.

Keeping an eye on CCJ.

601033[/snapback]

601060[/snapback]

601065[/snapback]

Goldman said that commodity rally will resume, but, it looks like they're just buying a rebound unlike bankers where you see some rally.

Keeping an eye on CCJ.

601033[/snapback]

601060[/snapback]

601065[/snapback]

I agree..it's having trouble getting even above the 5 dma.

Have a look at the september 40 call options...Stock is up 1.2, it's currently flat.

Something is not right. Call writers are expecting ALOT more downside it seems.

our method is, to keep it as simple as possible. So we had a monster hammer in S&P yesterday and therefore it was quite sure that we gonna go up today. It was in the charts and the reason was devlivered after the chart was "painted". Easy. I thought we go red after lunch, but charts are wiser than me.

image.aspx?f=1&id=2285454

Chart ?ffnen

601043[/snapback]

Refering back to Lee Whee's oft mentioned 1387 level. If you pulled the trigger at point -- which for me would have been impossible, cause I don't the the balls -- and just bought a basket of the most beaten down sh!t you'd been sitting very pretty right now. Appartently it WAS the time to go TEETS LONG.

601056[/snapback]

What a world,The Central Committe,er Fed makes an announcement and every thing is wonderful. :rolleyes:

Archived