Has Madoff made off with the rally?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br />to educate and inform the public that the disaster caused by Bush and Republican failed ideology sunk America.<br />
<br /><br />This is not meant to be a political statement, but intervening policies by both the fed and government will more than likely exacerbate the grave problems that this economy faces. It is my opinion that most individuals in a position to do something about this just don't have a clue. Regardless of who is to blame, we can protect ourselves and even profit from future falling asset prices such as stocks if we remain vigilant during these historical times, thus enabling us to take care of ourselves, family, and friends. There really is no gain in arguing about the political dynamics of this situation. I think most of us agree that higher taxes in whatever form will be a burden on the economy at this point, but the only thing we can do is take advantage of any opportunities that may lie ahead and, trust me, there will be many. Just imagine holding a truck load of put options as the big bear resumes and stock prices start carving out new lows.

<br /><br />This is not meant to be a political statement, but intervening policies by both the fed and government will more than likely exacerbate the grave problems that this economy faces. It is my opinion that most individuals in a position to do something about this just don't have a clue. Regardless of who is to blame, we can protect ourselves and even profit from future falling asset prices such as stocks if we remain vigilant during these historical times, thus enabling us to take care of ourselves, family, and friends. There really is no gain in arguing about the political dynamics of this situation. I think most of us agree that higher taxes in whatever form will be a burden on the economy at this point, but the only thing we can do is take advantage of any opportunities that may lie ahead and, trust me, there will be many. Just imagine holding a truck load of put options as the big bear resumes and stock prices start carving out new lows.

Yep, there is always plenty of opportunity.

The front nine of the year is in the books, and while I could have shot better, and laid up a few times rather than going for the green, I managed to finish at a respectable +580% TWR for the first half. And since the middle of July 2007, when the great bear first started to awaken, the ticker is now at +32,917%. By the way, it is impossible to make a living by timing the markets short term, so don't even try. ;)

I am now going to take a long well deserved vacation....see ya all after Labor Day!

I will check in once in a while, but I will be mostly away from the screens for most of this trip.

Yep, there is always plenty of opportunity.

The front nine of the year is in the books, and while I could have shot better, and laid up a few times rather than going for the green, I managed to finish at a respectable +580% TWR for the first half. And since the middle of July 2007, when the great bear first started to awaken, the ticker is now at +32,917%. By the way, it is impossible to make a living by timing the markets short term, so don't even try. ;)

I am now going to take a long well deserved vacation....see ya all after Labor Day!

I will check in once in a while, but I will be mostly away from the screens for most of this trip.

K-wave: Thanks for your contribution and I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge. Have a great vacation.

As Good As It Gets- Again- Professional Edition Fed Report

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, June 30, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Treasury market conditions were as good as it gets this week as the Treasury raised just $4 billion in new money. As expected, that gave a boost to end-of-quarter tape painting on Monday, with a little preemptory selling hitting the tape on Tuesday. The Fed stepped in as a buyer of both Treasuries and Agencies on Tuesday. In spite of that, there was a little uptick in Treasury yields as well as T-bill rates. We have to wonder if the supply problem might finally be becoming an issue at the short end of the curve. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

More sickness at the SEC or your government in action. :angry:

NYT

Of all the dirty, corrupt, and incompetent agencies in our dirty, corrupt, and incompetent gov't, the S.E.C. is near the top of the list. They have only three functions - persecuting the little guys for fun and show (and to keep them little, or shut them down), taking bribes from the medium-sized guys, and protecting the big guys. If you are a little guy, you have only one way to get real justice, and most don't have the stomach for that. But it's an option that remains, and one that will become more popular as the Depression worsens.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Quick, Shorty, mdporter, all Kali sensitives,

it seems that in San Diego they are DROPPIN' OUT BEFORE they can be Shut Down...

cool article and a must read.....your jickiss wonders how many, in addition to all them that need new knees, how many may need butt replacements, due to ware and gravity crush?

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...-lock-benefits/

Run! Hide! They got theirs, now they need to git out of town! And pray that their former neighbors will happily continue working til death with NO pensions and NO benefits, to pay for theirs.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Quick, Shorty, mdporter, all Kali sensitives,

it seems that in San Diego they are DROPPIN' OUT BEFORE they can be Shut Down...

cool article and a must read.....your jickiss wonders how many, in addition to all them that need new knees, how many may need butt replacements, due to ware and gravity crush?

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...-lock-benefits/

Brains... Brains...

post-2117-1246413773.jpg

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

So, finally the year 2009 is, yup, one Half overrr.

Sure feels like 50 lifetimes packed in, and, nevertheless, so Far, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!

Thimk about it.

No matter what you thought could or would happen, if you are honest, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.

keep your eyes on this puppie....it is ready to HEAD SOUTH.

bet -0- here are long the Putz on the item.

if U be Long da Putz, step forward now!

share your thimking...

Jick, it looks to me like a bet against the wise guy at da track that owns all the horses in the race. :lol:

Or we might see the Dow at 20k, the dollar at 40 and gold at 1800. I don't think any thing is a guaranteed winner these days.:unsure:

Market Update 6/30/09 – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, June 30, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data was mostly weaker on Tuesday. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Or we might see the Dow at 20k, the dollar at 40 and gold at 1800. I don't think any thing is a guaranteed winner these days.:unsure:

maybe the dollar will stay around 80 since other faux electronic currencies will be devalued too

Dow could see 1k as blood runs deep and wide, in the streets AND behind scaled mansion walls of individual top 1%'ers who scrimped on security staff pay

gold could see 20k as individual top 1%'ers scramble to run and hide

Of all the dirty, corrupt, and incompetent agencies in our dirty, corrupt, and incompetent gov't, the S.E.C. is near the top of the list. They have only three functions - persecuting the little guys for fun and show (and to keep them little, or shut them down), taking bribes from the medium-sized guys, and protecting the big guys. If you are a little guy, you have only one way to get real justice, and most don't have the stomach for that. But it's an option that remains, and one that will become more popular as the Depression worsens.

:unsure:

:lol:

you have a gift :wub:

Archived