Is This a Long or Short Weak End?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see massive demonstrations in the streets-- or whatever it takes to pressure the Supreme court into overturning what I see as the "Marie Antoinette Supreme Court decision" That decision really said "Let them eat cake." That decision ignores the impoverishment of the "peasants"-- i.e. 99.9% of society, at the hands of greedy fat corporate interests, who told the rest of us (comparatively) starving folks to "eat cake." When that Supreme Court ruling was made, 99.9% of the folks in our country were told we had to put up with having leeches sucking out our life blood constantly-- the corporate leeches who are legally allowed to bribe Congress. Even many formerly upper middle class people are getting sucked dry of their money by these leeches. Will this go on until even the upper class people who are below the top .1% have been sucked dry, by being taxed to pay for enormous corporate bailouts, and having to let corporation write laws giving them rights to suck the consumer dry in banking, medical care, & even surprise cell phone charges? Wake up, Supreme Court!

Speaking of leeches....

Looks like the House Dems have a good shot at passing the super moronic cap and trade. At $80 Billion per year, it is arguably the biggest tax increase in American history ( http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/tax-policy/library/ota81.pdf ), and the white house has already admitted that the cost might come in 2-3 times higher than the estimated $646 billion over 8 years.....all for a problem, that based upon the data since the 1998 hyper scare, does not even exist, let alone proving that man has anything to do with it.

Let's hope the Senate has bit more sense, as they do seem to be at least little more intelligent than the average house member.

UFB the idiots we have in there now....Go Gata, Go Gata.

At $80 billion per year, according to the US treasury stats, it would be the biggest increase by a long shot on dollar terms, while trailing a few others in % of GDP terms...but it is a frggin' huge tax Al Gore and his buddies have cooked up for y'all.

Anyone wanna throw on some 5 and 10 year regression lines? For shits and giggles, how about a 30 year? Pretty hard to get alarmed once you look at reality.....and we haven't even hit the down cycle of the Altlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillator yet.

But as we well know, well at least in my experience trying to talk with them anyway, most Americans love to live with heads planted firmly in the sand and other places where the sun don't shine.....reality is not a concept they understand very well, nor care to.....

Where oh Where did my hockey stick go? OOPS....that 14 degrees C is damn tough to pull away from....bogus computer models or not.

It appears our congress has passed the Clean Energy and Security bill but not before a 300 page amendment was added at 3:09am last night. If I understand the voting process correctly the amendment was successfully voted down. There is not one damn congress man or woman who has read even half of the proposed legislation they have just passed much less the 300 pages submitted less than 24 hours ago. How can the democrats scream this is a job creator when any new "green" jobs will most likely be offset in layoffs in the oil and gas industry. But then again how the hell does anyone know! Parts of the last minute amendment was read on the floor which the Republicans highlighted some interesting items:

- Home financing legislation (what is this for in a freaking engery bill?)

- something called Green Banks (what the hell is this?)

- homes must meet efficiency standards prior to being sold (no grandfather clause for older homes)

These were just a few I remembered but they listed a bunch of crap with so much legalese that I doubt anyone could understand except for the corporate attorneys that wrote it!

This sh*t must to end. :angry:

I guess I will spend my holiday reading and researching the proposed legislation for clues on how to play this. Unfortunately my wife works in the oil and gas services industry and they have cut as far as they can. Whatever is in this bill may just change that - for the worse.

few care about volume, BUTT was massive and interesting today...using the NYSE as it's a broad no one watches much :rolleyes:

note the high vol before the plunge day, then it was exceeded today...BUTT range was small, price couldn't make it back to the high of the high vol day, OR hold above the close(high) of yest.

post-14-1246063369_thumb.png

Some more comments on the Spoozer middle of the night ramp job a couple of nights ago. :angry:

Posted by Tyler Durden at 4:18 PM

Since FINRA and the Securities and Exchange Commission believe in going only after $1,000 insider traders with the full weight of their enforcement teams, yet ignore major market manipulation in futures and other markets, Zero Hedge wanted to present readers an opportunity to be heard by the market's regulators.

As to what specific event to reference, frequent readers do not need our prompting, however a good example which if nothing else, needs clarification, is the major odd /ES ramp up on no news two nights ago, ahead of the atrocious claims number, which was covered extensively by Karl Denninger at Market Ticker.ZERO

I'm not trying to be naive or stupid or contrarian or anything. But what evidence is there that the overnight futures contract activity in question was "market manipulation," let alone "major market manipulation."

few care about volume, BUTT was massive and interesting today...using the NYSE as it's a broad no one watches much :rolleyes:

note the high vol before the plunge day, then it was exceeded today...BUTT range was small, price couldn't make it back to the high of the high vol day, OR hold above the close(high) of yest.

I care. Looks like a sign of weakness to me. They are all setting up to roll over (stocks, oil, gold, silver, and the currencies). I'm sitting with my sniper rifle waiting on the market to show me . . . Mid to late July or August, won't be surprised if the poop hits the fan AGAIN.

it caused me to drink,, and i very rarely drink

like massive depression set upon me, ruthless

hopelessness, just me i reckon kman.

maybe we can trade the biatch,, i don't

know, but i do know it's past due for the

pitchforks to leave the shed.

song for the banksters in their present form

Archived