Did it or dint it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even Tim Geithner can't sell his house

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is struggling to unload his million-dollar manse located in a posh New York City suburb. And like so many other Americans, he'll probably lose money on it when he does.

He's renting out his home in a tony New York suburb to former members of a grunge band and their girlfriends, after the property went unsold for months.

The Geithners paid a premium for the house when they bought it in 2004, plunking down $1.601 million after a bidding war. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, home prices have plummeted 32.2% nationwide since the height of the housing bubble in July 2006 according to Case-Shiller. And millions of other homoaners who bought at the top of the market now find themselves unable to sell or refinance their way out of ball crushing monthly housing payments.

In April, home sales sank 36% year-over-year in New York's Westchester County, according to the New York State Association of Realtors. But many homoaners are still refusing to lowering their prices, said Miriam Bernstein, an associate broker at RE/MAX Prime Properties in Scarsdale, N.Y., instead trying to rent out their homes while they wait for housing prices to bounce back. "Eventually, these people sitting on the sidelines are going to have to sell."

Shorty, the government could buy it and use it for a shelter.

"Foreclosed homes could become hurricane shelters"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_on_...oreclosed_homes

Starting to look more and more like your classic bear market suck in.

I got a number of calls and email over the past 2 weeks asking if they should enter back into the market.

Strange how things work, i tell them to enter back in late 2008 and they refuse. I think it's time to sell and they call me asking to buy.

Archived