B4 The Bell Thursday September 9

CSFB trims Coke on volume concerns

By CBS MarketWatch

Last Update: 8:10 AM ET Sept. 9, 2004

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) - anal cyst at CS First Boston downgraded Coca-Cola shares to "neutral" from "outperform" due on concerns about sales of the company's soft drinks and other products in North America and Europe.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...CFD2F96EEFD1%7D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:12PM Brillian lowers Q3 guidance (BRLC) 7.02 -0.22: Co, a designer and developer of rear-projection, high-definition televisions based on its proprietary Gen II liquid crystal on silicon microdisplays, announced revised guidance for revenue and net loss for Q3. Co states that disruption in HDTV shipments was the main reason behind the shortfall. Co lowers Q3 revenue guidance to a range of $600,000 to $800,000 (from $2.8-3.2 mln), Reuters consensus is $3.0 mln. Co expects to a net loss for Q3 in the range of $5.6-6.1 mln (previously $4.4-4.9 mln). Co states that Q4 revenue will depend substantially upon the timing of the light engine production ramp.

http://finance.yahoo.com/mp#brlc

Time to decide whether to hold REITs

By Peter Brimelow, CBS.MarketWatch.com

Last Update: 12:01 AM ET Sept. 10, 2004

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Richard Band, the cautious veteran editor of Profitable Investing, has just cut back on REITs. What next?

Band's warning came Thursday in a special email bulletin to subscribers. He wrote:

"We've had a spectacular run with our real estate investment trusts. From the bottom in late 1999, the average REIT has racked up a 154% total return (including reinvested dividends). And this happened during the worst bear market for stocks in 60 years!

"Alas, most REITs are now severely overvalued. REIT dividend yields have dropped to an all-time low, below 5% for the typical equity REIT. (Data go back to 1972.) What's more, my technical studies lead me to believe that a major price top is coming soon in the REIT sector.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...283C338DAD3A%7D

I think its a shitzu.....that's why I stole it from some web site to use here....LOL

I think it also befits some of my feelings about myself and I've even showed it to my mental health coach... When he asks me how I feel about this and that and I just show him the picture.... Sometimes I tell my coach about the bear boards and sometimes post on. I sometimes tell my coach that the whole econonmy is in big trouble and the currency is unstable and the stock market could decline a lot. My coach sometimes suggests that I have delusional tendancies and severe paranoia. I just have to laugh in a very curious and strange way at that, I mean he is just another sheeple.....

:grin:

jstrack... never underestimate the courage, imagination, and bravado of a shitzu.

When I lived in Detroit, a tiny black shitzu lived two houses down. Each day he came

out his front door wearing a bright red ribbon, and headed up to my house.

Down the sidewalk, down my driveway, he'd then slip through the small gap in

the gate to enter my back yard. Ah... he thought, here is heaven.

Well, "heaven," was my 260 lb female St. Bernard in that back yard.

God only knows what was in that little guy's mind, but she would gently nuzzle

him away, yet he persisted. He totally ignored the danger that this huge lady

posed to his own modest little body.

Day after day after day, he returned! Now that is truly one heavy duty goal-seeking little critter.

:P

He was absolutely a delightful little doggie, friendly, bold, and determined.

He just wasn't scared of anything!

Then, he didn't show up anymore. I went to the neighbor to find out why.

Someone had stolen her dog.

Perhaps there is a lesson here.

""I think we mentioned that 15,000 to 20,000 incremental people will go out," EDS

What is an incremental person? Someone who is slowly, bit by bit, becoming human? Is it just me, or is this a strange use of language? Is it management speak?

Yeah,what is an incremental person?Oh,I think I forgot to mention that!

Did I just happen to mention that I'm canning 20,000 people and putting them on the poverty line!Oh,didn't I mention that I'm awarding myself another 100 million in options packages.Maybe I didn't just happen to mention anything!Ah well that's the way it is when you mention unmentionables!

Give me a break(mention)!!!

Archived