B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 12

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A New York friend says that the Pleece Cheef and various city officials were throwing the word "anarchists" around freely, in a wooden nickel kind of way

I can think of nothing more dangerous to our freedoms and our constitution than to downplay the significance of these statements...by those in the position of "Public Safety Officers" - dressed to do battle against their own citizens under a false pretense.

"throwing the word anarchist around in a wooden nickle kind of way" expresses a total lack of seriousness as to the significance of the slippery slope that we are on...and how far we have already slid. This is nothing to be flippant about, these are our freedoms being destroyed - systematically, in a very calculated way, according to a plan.

When you proclaim that you will be protesting in the streets of West Palm in the event the election results are tampered with again...I just wanted to make it very clear that you will be on the receiving end of all that you are presently choosing to diminish the significance of.

I was not the one who suggested that either Ruppert Murdoch or Sum Yung Fool were in any way tied to the facts that I brought to your attention, which you have now seemingly confirmed. That you chose to attach the "Moonie" title to this "Conspiracy Theory" is illustrative of my point, precisely.

If a Governor or a Mayor wants to help the Bush Administration, they can apparently apply the appropriate amount of pressure on the Chief of Police - and the next thing you know the word "Anarchists" comes out at a press conference to describe United States citizens who are practicing their Constitutional Right to assemble and protest (albeit in cages rimmed with razor wire).

When it happens to you, you will not take it so lightly. Whether or not you choose to call it a conspiracy is of no significance. To the greatest extent (on the slippery slope scorecard), a more appropriate phrase to describe this behavior might be:

"It's just politics!"

These behaviors and these words and phrases are dangerous. You will only know how dangerous when it affects you.

Personally, I'm paying very close attention. The way our country moved inevitably toward war felt like a very similar type of slippery slope, and you see how well that has turned out.

Kudo's to the NY Times for todays 2 stories on the Bill passed last night which gives a 140 Billion $ tax break to Corporations. The Country is bankrupt and the little revenue left is just pissed into the Wind, stupidity and idiocy are too mild to describe the ongoing fiasco. In the Rude Awakening this morning they note that the twin deficits of Budget and Trade each top 5% of GDP. The piston is thru the firewall and still they give the sweat of Americans away an "Idiot Prince" he is!

I do not know why I am taking this so personnaly,  but I am pissed that my fico score is not at the very top.  I am on hold trying to get a satisfactory answer.  Could it really be that the penalize you for not having debt?

Soup

If you don't have lot of credit oustanding then your FICO can be skewed down. Its a ratio of total credit:oustanding credit balance, adjusted for late payments and deliquency.

High FICO scores have a lot of credit oustanding with good payment history and minimal balnace oustanding.

I do not know why I am taking this so personnaly,  but I am pissed that my fico score is not at the very top.  I am on hold trying to get a satisfactory answer.  Could it really be that the penalize you for not having debt?

They really do.

Basically they are trying to construct a 'profile' of how you borrow and repay.

The profile is based more on your borrowing and repayment than on your net worth and liquidity ... which (take your pick) isn't fully accessible to them, or would take a lot more work for them to ferret out and construct.

Their 'system' is very resistant to being changed, or to making exceptions. The credit reporting industry has friends in high places, and is pretty much immune to pressure from lowly consumers. Political protection means not having to care ... :angry:

Soup

If you don't have lot of credit oustanding then your FICO can be skewed down. Its a ratio of total credit:oustanding credit balance, adjusted for late payments and deliquency.

High FICO scores have a lot of credit oustanding with good payment history and minimal balnace oustanding.

In other words, a debt-free person is less profitable to the bank. Makes sense to me. Those pricks lose money with my credit cards- never paid interest in my life, get a free month to pay.

I do not know why I am taking this so personnaly,? but I am pissed that my fico score is not at the very top.?  I am on hold trying to get a satisfactory answer.? Could it really be that the penalize you for not having debt?

Soup

In other words, a debt-free person is less profitable to the bank. Makes sense to me. Those pricks lose money with my credit cards- never paid interest in my life, get a free month to pay.

Don't vendors have to pay a percentage to take credit cards? That kind of implies they make money when you purchase something on your credit card, even if you're not getting soaked for interest.

Guest libertas

There used to be the three "C"s of credit: Character, Capacity and Collateral.

Character: Is the borrower responsible and committed to repay?

Capacity: Does the borrower have the resources with which to repay?

Collateral: If all else fails, can we recover the debt from our security?

And then we wanted three sources of repayment (typically income, assets, collateral)

But that was a long time ago in another universe, far, far, away.

Kudo's to the NY Times for todays 2 stories on the Bill passed last night which gives a 140 Billion $ tax break to Corporations. The Country is bankrupt and the little revenue left is just pissed into the Wind, stupidity and idiocy are too mild to describe the ongoing fiasco. In the Rude Awakening this morning they note that the twin deficits of Budget and Trade each top 5% of GDP. The piston is thru the firewall and still they give the sweat of Americans away an "Idiot Prince" he is!

Also a new tax break was given to those in mostly Repub states - but in fairness I should add that almost all Democrats voted for the new tax cuts too.

Florida sales tax could be deductible

Taxpayers who itemize may save at least $300 under a bill OK'd by the U.S. Senate.

By Tamara Lytle and Jerry W. Jackson

Sentinel Staff Writers

Posted October 12 2004

WASHINGTON -- A typical Florida taxpayer could save $300 or more on 2004 and 2005 returns after the U.S. Senate on Monday approved a federal income-tax deduction for the state sales tax.

Floridians have complained for years that residents of other states can deduct the income taxes they pay to their state governments when they file a federal return. But because Florida and seven other states have no income tax whatsoever, they don't get a similar benefit.

OTHER ITEMS IN TAX BILL 

More provisions of the corporate-tax bill approved by the U.S. Senate on Monday.

EXPORTS: Repeal tax break for American exporters that World Trade Organization found violated global-trade rules. Savings: $49.2 billion.

CORPORATIONS: Close corporate loopholes and tax shelters. One of the provisions would tighten deduction rules for donating cars to charities. Total savings: $81.7 billion.

INDUSTRIES: Cut taxes for manufacturers and other domestic producers, including construction companies, engineering and architectural firms, film and music companies, and the oil and gas industry. Cost: $76.5 billion.

MULTINATIONALS: Revise rules for multinational corporations, including letting companies with overseas operations bring profits back at a reduced rate for a limited time. Cost: $42.6 billion.

TOBACCO FARMERS: Create a federal buyout of tobacco farmers who have seen their livelihoods tumble as a result of tobacco litigation and cigarette makers buying more tobacco overseas. Cost: $10 billion.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local...iness-headlines

There used to be the three "C"s of credit: Character, Capacity and Collateral.

Character: Is the borrower responsible and committed to repay?

Capacity: Does the borrower have the resources with which to repay?

Collateral: If all else fails, can we recover the debt from our security?

And then we wanted three sources of repayment (typically income, assets, collateral)

But that was a long time ago in another universe, far, far, away.

The new 3cs

Can this borrower make it to the next 0% credit card offer or refi boom before default?

Can we make a spread on this loan?

Can we sell this loan to a hedge fund or bank or some other entity before the mean time to deliquency expires?

Machine/rog/GF: Yep, all about balances and payment history. ANd yes one does get penalized for having too Little debt. I asked the guy how about coverage ratios based on one's balance sheet? He replied, What is that? Oh well.

Soup

Take a few of those pre-appproved credit card offers that come in the mail. That will boost your FICO score very quickly even if you don't use them. If you do need a loan you can cancel the cards a little ahead of application. The computers will see a high credit capacity and a high FICO.

imho in the future it will be very important to have high FICO scores. Loan processing is now automated. A computer cannot judge character so they are left with FICO and balance sheets. In the future I expect a lot more emphasis on blance sheets.

Archived