B4 The Bell Fry day 8/20/04

DrStool

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The gold train has left the station

Lie number 1 conquered

"Gold follows oil" is in play ... because Mad Al has promised to accommodate runaway oil prices.

I must have missed that one.

They've found a way to print oil?

"Accommodate" runaway oil prices in what way, did he say?

machine: what was the number you were looking for on gold? 413 area?

$412.50 was Dec. gold's highest intraday high (set in July) since April.

Dec. gold blew through that level today.

I take that as an important breakout, confirmed by silver and HUI too.

Everything's in gear ... let's pull some stumps ... ;)

Al says costly oil is like a rate hike. Therefore, if oil rises sharply, he doesn't need to raise rates.

Paul Volcker must have fallen out of his chair. This is insane. It's like the pope advocating daily fornication ... totally upside down and inside out from established central bankster doctrine.

If Al accommodates runaway oil with continued easy money, other stuff such as precious metals will runaway too. In fact, they already are ...

holy sheet gold!

what are you telegraphing?

:ph34r:

There's some real wobbly plates out there today.

I can foresee the currency jam this morning completely unraveling.

Time to start keeping a closer eye on credit spreads.

Maybe I should even go to the bank and get one of those "I'm taking more than $10k cash out" forms and pre-fill it out so that I can be sure to get my cut.

:ph34r:

Al says costly oil is like a rate hike. Therefore, if oil rises sharply, he doesn't need to raise rates.

Paul Volcker must have fallen out of his chair. This is insane. It's like the pope advocating daily fornication ... totally upside down and inside out from established central bankster doctrine.

If Al accommodates runaway oil with continued easy money, other stuff such as precious metals will runaway too. In fact, they already are ...

What this "accomodation" is, in very clear terms, is a full-blown admission that the system cannot absorb more than one blow at a time.

It is an overt admission of weakness.

It speaks of an abyss below.

It says:

"I have completely screwed the pooch as the head of the worlds largest CB. I tried an experiment in an effort to prove some old, long-dead russian statistician wrong, and it looks like I may have erred along the way."

In 4 years, we'll be treated to a McNamara-like treatise from the old codger bitterly rueing his mistakes and asking forgiveness.

Unfortunately, all the people living under bridges would sooner burn his book for warmth than read it.

Archived