The Best Friend

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BB,

Thank you for posting your current view.  I hope you will humor me a question.  I am a dullard, but wish to understand what you have said you expect in the SPX.  I will paraphrase thusly...

965 is near the top level of the current uptrend.  Between the 2nd and 16th of June this index will begin a series of lower highs and lows which will continue into late July.  The index will reach a level of about 877 with the majority of the price decline occuring in July.

Is this a valid summary?

TIA and enjoy the weekend.

BusKow

Yes, your summary is correct. The only thing I'm not certain yet is whether 965 will be the top. 965 is a very good pivot from where the market could reverse. The question is will it reverse from that pivot? If the market pushes higher, then the 875 will have to be adjusted upwards.

Hey I thought this was a bear board for crying out loud ?! :lol:

As a good friend of mine said today:

"Monday Pile Monday"

Piles old boy, now you're confusing the hell out of me. You have been one of the lone bullish voices on this thread, AND HAVE BEEN RIGHT!!

You're now saying we go down on Monday? What are your short term downside targets?

I saw Another poster point to 875 on SPX if 965 holds up. Blackbelt seemed to agree. (unless!!) Man 875 seems like a long way down from here! What are the time frames?

TIA

we know they intervene in the markets, they know we know.... so where could you get the most mileage from your confetti? if they bust it up thru the SPX neckline on volume, the short covering might take it to 1,000? :blink:

the timing of the alert downgrade wasnt at all surprising. :o

http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp

DOW:

"The fact that the consolidation has formed at the highs indicates that further strength is likely, however, the 8,865 has held quite well, which could force a downside break instead. A break from the pattern in either direction should be traded. A break through the lower boundary of the pattern at 8,820 will likely push the index lower within the boundaries of the expanding triangle, which is historically a bearish pattern.

NASDAQ & S&P

The NASDAQ continues to trend higher within the sloping wedge, which is likely gearing up for a downside break. The S&P moved higher within the expanding consolidation today, and now sits within the boundaries of a tight consolidation. Watch the consolidation boundaries Monday."

A matter of "when" rather than "if" imo...

:cry:

Jimi

I'm with ya buddy. Still haven't covered and am getting creamed in the trading account. The divi's are holding me up for now, but for how long? I sold all the stocks in my retirement account yesterday with the exception of the defensive stuff like pharmaceuticals.

Isn't it interesting that gold stocks are still holding up relatively well? Either I am getting scammed yet again or alot of folks are getting set up big time.

What to do, what to do? This stuff just never wants to go down, especially the semis. I know it will crash eventually, but just don't know if I'll have any cash left to take advantage of it. :(

Negative divergence on the McClellan, but new highs on the summation.

Any McClellan reading below zero is a buying opportunity from now on.

I've never seen such strong stock market action in a long time.

We were idiots for not going long back in March.

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNASD.html

The March low was a poor one and engineered to boot. Very few of the indicators I rely upon indicated anything near a low risk long opportunity in March and certainly nothing that indicated a possible 20+% bounce.

Granted I would have made some nice coin by going long, but that is only with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

I don't know too much about pivots or cycles or ewaves or anything else at this point, but in my fragile little eggshell mind, given say, a 2 month time horizon, I could build myself an equally well-founded and believable case for either NAZ 2000 or NAZ 1200 (with today's close essentially on the meridian between these targets) or literally any number in between. Or on either side of 1200 or 2000, while I'm at it.

That's a pretty scary thought to a trader, donchootink?

It's all random now.

A crapshoot.

Arbitrary.

Musta made a left toin at Albakoiky.

It's all 'verboatin from here.

Have a great weekend, Stoolies, or should I say Stool-ees. Or maybe Stool-eeze?

Whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop.

I'm not askin' ya who's on first..third base

One of the things that gets forgotten here is that June historically is the second worst month of the year for the markets fact markets always, always crater in June if there is a mean left to revert to and we are not in a new paradigm then the markets should fall apart. Now Habits I agree-Piles is giving mixed signals but Piles Monday might be free beer 4 to 6 pm-I'm sure he will clarify it-Trade Safe!

Off Topic but....towards the end of the intra day thread music became the subject

Tomorrow nite Ned38 will be wearin' the tie dye, puttin' on the headband, crankin' up the amps and banging on the drums.................just like the good ole days, at a club in Nassau County. Mostly Duane/Gerry/ Carlos type stuff

Stoolies welcome of course

Archived