A Laboratory Called Skylab

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Despite pressure from the White House, Republican leaders were unwilling to drop lawsuit protection for oil companies from a $31 billion energy bill and it faces an even tougher fight amid next year's political campaigning, lobbyists and legislative aides said
They ranged from $18 billion in loan guarantees to build an Alaskan natural gas pipeline to $1 billion in funding for an experimental nuclear power reactor in Idaho to $2 billion in tax-exempt bonds for an array of commercial buildings such as a Hooter's restaurant that promise to use energy-efficient materials.

Energy Bill Collapses, May Be Revived in 2004

HONG KONG/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has accused Chinese companies of dumping televisions on the U.S. market and slapped stiff duties on the products, in the latest flare-up in trade tension between the two economic giants.

US Takes Aim at Chinese TVs in Trade Row

Good morning traders....just did some reading on M2M about program trading.....thanks to rog and others who examined this.

About China and steel- notice how well SCHN in Portland has been doing collecting and selling scrap metal to China...

Mousey, as you know, I am often in and out of XLNX for trades both ways...my last is a long after covering a short. I am still holding that long from yesterday AM and I will now be watching to sell it.....can't predict where it will go, but I won't mind missing some price either way for whatever I decide.

This market is of a piece with all the other the other sham that is out there- however, as long as I am using it as a vehicle to fulfill my responsibilities as a provider of kibbles for my loved ones I will continue working to employ it for my benefit and let others do the activist work in this arena...

Yesterday's decision will drive up consumer costs in the US for several brands of large colour televisions made in China, including Apex, Sansui and Emerson.

While US television makers were largely driven out of business by Japanese competition in the 1980s and Mexico in the 1990s, more than 4,000 American workers still assemble television sets in the US for such Japanese companies as Sanyo, Sharp and Toshiba.

Don't expect this tit for tat thing will die down, with election year coming up. Could easiliy get out of hand, and soon Japan maybe the only country

significantly supporting the US$.

rog: I'd also like to thank you for that post. Before I found it I thought I was just being tricked into viewing Kinkade paintings. :o

Golf clap for the AMLN market makers - a number of trades around 26 pre-market, it somehow drops immediately to 25 at the open and has slowly recovered since to pre-market levels.

Sorry Beer,

I know Kinkade is not for the faint of heart. Imagine a house full of them. That's my sister-in-law. :lol:

I'm off to Richmond. Don't let this go much higher while I'm gone and be good. I'm going to be reading over this thread tonight. :wink2:

So GDP gets revised up a full percent and people start buying the long bond. We live in interesting times. B)

That's the second quarter in a row with a FULL 100 basis point upward 'revision'.

That's HUGE!!!

I don't have the data to back this up but I would lay money down that there has never been such HUGE upward revisions, back to back, in the past.

Perhaps there's never been 100 basis point revisions before????

Who knows.

Archived