Bully trapped....Douches happy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been through those parts, including Pike's Peak. I had a relative that lived in the foothills of the Front Range near Pike's peak. The hill he lived on was real close to Crystal Mountain. I would always venture up there from the south out of Arizona. Anyway, I know what you mean about the winding roads with no guard rails and terrifying drops. It's been many years since I've been through those parts, but I would assume the treachery is still the same.

Back in the 60's I worked at a ranch in Cimarron, NM. Some weekends we would take off for Trinidad, CO over the Raton Pass. Only 7800ft, but there were two of us on a Honda 50! Had to walk it the last two miles uphill, but the downhill portion was 70mph+. Whooee! What guardrails????

:rolleyes:

Back in the 60's I worked at a ranch in Cimarron, NM. Some weekends we would take off for Trinidad, CO over the Raton Pass. Only 7800ft, but there were two of us on a Honda 50! Had to walk it the last two miles uphill, but the downhill portion was 70mph+. Whooee! What guardrails????

:rolleyes:

Let me guess the step through model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVdhJZUIjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2ZQqHYr8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wCubT4Z9LA

I stll can not embed youtube videos. I follow the instructions and replace that "watch?" with that "v" and so on, but still it doesnt work. Quite frustrating. Dont look in the "try it out" section of this board or you will laugh your ass off. :lol:

Can anyone help? I mean it cant be that complicated, can it? Maybe it is because I try to embed from the german youtube site? :mellow:

Interesting read from Comstock Partners:

"The President's proposal to rein in the large banks is only a catalyst for a decline that was bound to happen. There are lots of other reasons, both fundamental and technical, why the market has and will continue to sell off. That the talking heads on financial TV are brushing off the severe two-day decline as a buying opportunity is only an indication of how excessive the overall optimism in the market has become and why there is risk of a significant decline."

Linkage: Market Commentary

I stll can not embed youtube videos. I follow the instructions and replace that "watch?" with that "v" and so on, but still it doesnt work. Quite frustrating. Dont look in the "try it out" section of this board or you will laugh your ass off. :lol:

Can anyone help? I mean it cant be that complicated, can it? Maybe it is because I try to embed from the german youtube site? :mellow:

In the Option Text window enter width and height and make sure the numbers are only separated by commas, no spaces.

Then enter the entire url of the flash file in the window that says content text. Once you have done that, now make the necessary changes. First, replace the part where it says /watch?v= with /v/ make sure to include the forward slashes. Then after you have done this, add this to the very end of the script .swf.

Try this one:

option text

Content text

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXhGzq3wgeA.swf

Now, here it is below:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXhGzq3wgeA.swf

Big article in the local paper about Berkshire Hathaway B share split. Supposedly it's to get share price up to pay for BNI acquisition.

However.

It made me think, always a bad thing.

What if they really are trying to get share price up to help fund their participation in taking GS private, as is rumored? By the way, wouldn't they want to kill GS share price first, so that current stockholders could be paid less?

I've never understood why a split should get share price up, now that you no longer have to buy stocks in increments of 100, or else pay higher commissions as in pre-discount brokerage days. If a $3500 stock like BRK-B now trades at 70, are there really going to be THAT many people buying 2 or 3 shares so that it will will support the price? If you really, really wanted to own it, couldn't you come up with $3500 to buy one share, instead of getting 50 shares for$3500? (i.e, who cares what the share price is, you still own the same miniscule % of the company) And if you don't have $3500, should you really be thinking of investing in any stock?

Now certainly the A shares are a far different matter, trading at 100K per share. THAT's a place where a stock split would make eminent sense.

In the Option Text window enter width and height and make sure the numbers are only separated by commas, no spaces.

Then enter the entire url of the flash file in the window that says content text. Once you have done that, now make the necessary changes. First, replace the part where it says /watch?v= with /v/ make sure to include the forward slashes. Then after you have done this, add this to the very end of the script .swf.

Try this one:

option text

Content text

Now, here it is below:

? ? Why are those crazy people standing right by the side of the road, especially those douchebags standing in the curve where the vehicle would slide if the driver loses control? Is this Darwinian?

? ? Why are those crazy people standing right by the side of the road, especially those douchebags standing in the curve where the vehicle would slide if the driver loses control? Is this Darwinian?

Looks like some fanatical members of some obscure cult participating in some bizarre ritual. I would say that they have a death wish.

Try this one:

option text

Content text

Now, here it is below:

Thank you thank you thank you! Now it works! I always did forget to add ".swf" at the end :lol: ^_^ :closedeyes: :wacko:

ok, I can see some of our techies biting in their desk now and saying "what a bum..." :lol:

This weekend, I spoke with an old friend from back home. I grew up near a small agricultural town in northwest Ohio. The town has a population of approximately 1000 and maybe 200 homes. Anyway, my friend informed me that power was shut off to 42 homes last week, as the homeowners have fallen way behind on their bills. He also said that a number of homes are without propane, also. There is no natural gas lines to the town. This is truly amazing and very disturbing. My friend, a pastor of the local church in town, also said that a number of kids have overcharged their lunches and are no longer allowed to eat the normal meal, but are given peanut butter and crackers, instead. The church heard about this and took up an offering to pay for the meal charges. Unfortunately, the school refused to allow the church to pay for the debt on behalf of the kids! I graduated from that school system and that would of never happened in my day. How sad and ridiculous that is.... shame on them.

This weekend, I spoke with an old friend from back home. I grew up near a small agricultural town in northwest Ohio. The town has a population of approximately 1000 and maybe 200 homes. Anyway, my friend informed me that power was shut off to 42 homes last week, as the homeowners have fallen way behind on their bills. He also said that a number of homes are without propane, also. There is no natural gas lines to the town. This is truly amazing and very disturbing. My friend, a pastor of the local church in town, also said that a number of kids have overcharged their lunches and are no longer allowed to eat the normal meal, but are given peanut butter and crackers, instead. The church heard about this and took up an offering to pay for the meal charges. Unfortunately, the school refused to allow the church to pay for the debt on behalf of the kids! I graduated from that school system and that would of never happened in my day. How sad and ridiculous that is.... shame on them.

This is one of the most shameful, disgraceful, and appalling things I have heard yet. I am not sure that the school system is not violating federal law. And how can they refuse money to pay off the kids' meals? I suggest that you call the Congressperson for the area, and also Rep. Marcy Kaptur. She takes no prisoners and this would be fantastic grist for her mill.

Archived