B4 The Bell Humpday October 27

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh...about that airplane....

I'm not a transport pilot, but I flew Pipers and stuff for a while, and I'm pretty familiar with aerospace design...and it is NOT likely that a certificated passenger transport was designed such that the entire tail could BREAK OFF simply from rudder input !!

They just don't build planes that way.  There is a LOT of structural margin in the designs....and the forces allowed to the hydraulics aren't just picked at random...they're DESIGNED to NOT allow the hydraulics to break things.

absolute bull-stool gov report....but that ain't news, eh?  :lol:

Totally concur ... there have been numerous documented instances where clear air turbulence shook planes hard enough to throw passengers against the ceiling. In NONE of those cases did the wings, engines or tail break off.

An airframe structural design where you can accidently break off the tail by pushing the rudder too hard ... at relatively low climbing speed ... is DEFECTIVE.

If it were true, the Airbus A300 fleet would be GROUNDED. But they don't believe it, and the recommendation to train pilots to go easy on the rudder is just a silly face-saving fudge.

"Easy on that rudder, Jeem. The tail might break off!" :lol:

oh...about that airplane....

I'm not a transport pilot, but I flew Pipers and stuff for a while, and I'm pretty familiar with aerospace design...and it is NOT likely that a certificated passenger transport was designed such that the entire tail could BREAK OFF simply from rudder input !!

They just don't build planes that way. There is a LOT of structural margin in the designs....and the forces allowed to the hydraulics aren't just picked at random...they're DESIGNED to NOT allow the hydraulics to break things.

absolute bull-stool gov report....but that ain't news, eh? :lol:

The report claims the combination of rudder input with wake tip vortices from the 747 exceeded structural design. Heavy transport jet aircraft are built with design specifications to withstand severe turbulence times at least 5. If you have ever been through severe turbulence which I have, you would find it extremely suspicious the aircraft failed in the manner it did. Severe turbulence is one of the most frightening experiences one could ever encounter. The fact that I knew the aircraft was not in the slightest danger did little to alleviate my concerns.

Structural failure of modern day heavy jet aircraft because of turbulence is unknowen... until now of course... :ph34r: If in fact, against all wisdom, the first officer multiplied the stresses to the integrity of the Airbus I still find it hard to swallow the aircraft broke apart in the manner it did. I am aware bulletins have been sent out to all major carriers, warning against rudder control inputs when encountering wing tip vortices's. If this is the way American trained their pilots it would be the exception and not the rule. I shall try and investigate what their training procedures were prior to the accident.

The infatuation with mortgage insurers, GSEs and credit card junk stocks against the hatred of the miners real money plays is staggering

The love affair with the parabolic debt bubble is as irrational as anything I have ever witnessed.

So it goes Can I stay solvent as long as the market can stay irrational?

You bet I can.

TAKE DELIVERY

Shake the tree boys

You will not get one gram of my metals mountain. Living a lie is terminal.

This lie will be no different

tee hee.... freakin' propaganda-media idjits....

2 headlines in the same google-news cluster, one right after the other...

World oil prices set for significant fall over next two years; Turkish Press

World Oil Demand to Increase Sharply; AXcess News

:lol:

On days like this I like to reflect on "politically or internationally what happened in the the last 24 hr that was a significant change or shift from the past?" and from there I like to try and connect some dots

significant change is - .. The Sec of State of the US said that Tiawan was a part of China AND!!!! they needed to rejoin them under one mainland goverment.

This was a signal to China, they can have Tiawan, in return China would reduce its position in the oil market, and not sell dollers,

the rest of what happen today has been a kneejerk reaction to the drop in oil.

of course I am NO EINSTEIN so I am probably wrong :lol:

If something like this didn't happen, it's quite a coincidence.

I've read conjecture that PRC was involved in coordinated silver market manipulation with US fedgov: short the futures, then sell spot, then buy spot at bargain basement prices, if I understand it correctly. Dr. Antal Fekete, whose stuff is published at gold-eagle.com, entertained this hypothesis.

US gov thus able to hide inflation from the peasants. China picks up some trading profits. Everybody happy.

Archived