Night Stool

richmtn

This is an eye chart.

No that's not right this is a chart of the S&P 500 with way too many lines.

There are 6 Fib Time Zones that begin from important turn dates. Mid-February has a confluence of 4 Fib dates. The last time this happened on this chart was the October lows. What will happen in mid-Feb?

Up? Down? Nothing?

The purple, aqua and green squiggly lines are moving averages of Rate Of Change for the 6-7 week, 10-13 week and 10-12 month cycles superimposed on the cash index chart.

post-2-1044409592.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a passage in the book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" where several Wall Street traders wanted this fur coat. They started trading in order to see who could make enough money to buy the coat and most went bust doing so.

It?s like Smart Guys takes money from the fools. One thing no one tells u is majority always losing money so minority has a better life style.

Suck trading profit out and turn it into a bigger bank balance.

Reduce your trading and only trade when it is in your favors.

Concentrate on few stocks and understand how they go up and down.

Don?t buy or sell on the whim

Hi Stoolies,

There is a passage in the book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" where several Wall Street traders wanted this fur coat. They started trading in order to see who could make enough money to buy the coat and most went bust doing so.

My fur coat is the 50 - 60% I have lost in the past three years. In other words I have been trading to recoup my losses (sometimes unwisely). My problem is that I lack the discipline to sit on my investment money because I feel the need to scalp or do whatever is necessary to get the money back (foolish I know).

I do not feel that I am alone in trying to do this, so my question is, do any of you have any tips, tricks or techniques that you use for discipline that would help me to be more patient (sit on my money) and wait for the BEST opportunity to be on the right side of the next trade.

I have great discipline when it comes to healthly living, working, studying, ect., but not investing. I always feel the need to churn for profits to get my "fur coat" back.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

I do not feel qualified to answer your question but I'll give it a shot anyway.

It seems to me that you need to come to terms with the loss in much the same way as the loss of a family member. There needs to be a period of mourning. You need to go through the steps that are talked about to get past the loss. Only after you have finally come to terms with the loss and no longer feel that the money is still yours will you be able to move ahead. You can't just say it but must believe it. Perhaps a period of not trading would help. In any case there is material available about the stages of mourning. Check it out and give it a try.

Then you can begin your trading career anew. :)

FeedFool and PrtzLogic have put their fingers on something. Where did the money go? Dollar went up but I don't think it was this money that did it. That would be the Treasury and Fed. Country of origin. Bears watching.

We are seeing separation over recent days. That's six degrees of separation.

int-adv.chart?siteid=mktw&symb=TNX&sid=11420&time=4&freq=1&startdate=&enddate=&comp=&compidx=SP500~3377&ma=0&maval=50&uf=0&lf=131072&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=1&style=1013&mocktick=1&rand=923&siteid=mktw.gif

I review the charts on page one each night. They are a truly sorry-assed bunch tonight. If you're not on board you might miss this train. Always use protection.

Three black candles occurred in the last three days. Although these candles were not big enough to create three black crows, the steady downward pattern is bearish. MetaStock Expert Advisor.

post-2-1044506439.png

Archived