And the band played on

Santa may have less in his sacks this year ?

Imports dive at ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach

They report their worst combined import statistics in nine years for September, which is often the busiest month at the nation's biggest port complex.

Through the first half of 2009, each of the world's 17 biggest shipping lines were in the red, according to Paris-based AXS-Alphaliner, which maintains online databases for shipping industry professionals

Denmark-based APM-Maersk had losses of $540 million. Cosco Container Lines of China lost $671 million. Hapag-Lloyd, Germany's biggest container line, lost $680 million. NYK of Japan posted net losses of $694 million, AXS-Alphaliner research shows.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-port...0,4849546.story

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he was fired, why is he still working there. It was nothing more than a transfer to a different division of the company where he fit in better. He still works for NBC.

Different advertisers. If they don't renew his contract, what do you call that? :unsure:

I asked this a few weeks ago in a week night MTM, but no response, so I ask again -

The USD rallied last year, theoretically in part due to counter parties of derivative contracts scrambling to find USD's to settle their obligations on said contracts. As Central Banks have absorbed these contracts on their balance sheets, has it theoretically, removed the need for said counter parties to find USD, thus eliminating a major piece of fundamental support for the USD?

Sounds good to me. :blink:

Screw up and move up? :wacko:

The SEC Officials Who Missed Madoff Are Living Large

Lawrence Delevingne|Oct. 15, 2009,

BI

The Peter Principle is alive and well.

Also, maybe off topic (sorry)... I believe many citizens "outsourced" their civic and parental duties to various organizations while they selfishly pursued careers and materialism. Lots of corruption ensued all the way around. The type of citizen portrayed in the Norman Rockwell painting about the town meeting is pretty rare nowadays IMO. Nope, I'm afraid we are all circling the proverbial toilet bowl now...

On topic now... I still have some S&PP insurance puts but they die at the end of the year. I am trying to scrape together some cash to renew my policy-so to speak.

Screw up and move up? :wacko:

The SEC Officials Who Missed Madoff Are Living Large

Lawrence Delevingne|Oct. 15, 2009,

BI

I read in another article that an SEC job is considered a great stepping stone to a good private sector job. That's our problem. Private corporations own our government and demand that the government bow and scrape to them, and certainly never point the finger at them. The SEC should be renamed the Securities Firm Suckup Commission, SFSC.

I asked this a few weeks ago in a week night MTM, but no response, so I ask again -

The USD rallied last year, theoretically in part due to counter parties of derivative contracts scrambling to find USD's to settle their obligations on said contracts. As Central Banks have absorbed these contracts on their balance sheets, has it theoretically, removed the need for said counter parties to find USD, thus eliminating a major piece of fundamental support for the USD?

delete

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

big nor'easter rocks south jersey!

Oh, man Jick, we're getting tired of that one around here. My little town was on the national news all weekend for getting a record snowfall ( 9"/ 23cm) . There are trees down, about 600 people in State College that still don't have power. Parking for the Penn State football game today was all messed up because they didn't let anyone park on the grass.

Best one of all was a story I overheard at a restaurant today. It seems that Denzel Washington is currently filming a movie in northwest & central PA these last few weeks and all of the outdoor shots have been the usual fall weather with all the leaves, etc ( some said the colors were to be the best in years ) and suddenly from thursday afternoon on, it was all snow around here, so shooting had to stop until the scenery got right again.

More in the UFB category. How is this for change? <_<

SEC Names Goldman’s Storch as Enforcement Unit Operations Chief

By Joshua Gallu

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission named Adam Storch, a 29-year-old from Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s business intelligence unit, as the enforcement division’s first chief operating officer.

Bloomer

This is really in your face. :angry2:

Oct. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Some of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s closest aides, none of whom faced Senate confirmation, earned millions of dollars a year working for Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Citigroup Inc. and other Wall Street firms, according to financial disclosure forms.

The advisers include Gene Sperling, who last year took in $887,727 from Goldman Sachs and $158,000 for speeches mostly to financial companies, including the firm run by accused Ponzi scheme mastermind R. Allen Stanford. Another top aide, Lee Sachs, reported more than $3 million in salary and partnership

Bloomer

Archived