A Shell Game?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rog.. I recall you had a large PAAS position. Are you still comfortable with the miners in general at this time ?? Any PM point of concern you will be looking out for ?

Thanks

Still holding PAAS. Fundamentally everything looks good for silver & gold (Easy Al, Bushman, snowman, Bennie, China bashing). For me this is a longterm holding and I am not really concerned about much at this time. If there is a substantial sell off in equities I am not sure miners or pm will be exempt. So I would probably hedge these positions with long calls on futures and short futures should a major sell off materialize.

Blame the tape on USAMA :lol:

The Fall Harvest will not wait :o

Reuters

Bin Laden Tape Rattles Stocks

Wednesday September 10, 3:37 pm ET

By Denise Duclaux

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks sank on Wednesday as what was said to be a new videotape showing al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden rattled investors a day before the second anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

The market extended losses in mid-afternoon after Arabic television al Jazeera showed what was said to be a new videotape of al Qaeda leaders walking in the mountains. In audio run with the pictures, a voice said to be that of bin Laden praised the Sept. 11 attackers. The United States blames al Qaeda for the attacks, which killed about 3,000 people in New York and outside Washington.

Time to consider whaling for the oil again.

"Hubbert?s Peak? was published in 2001, and Deffeyes stands by his conclusions today ? except for one fact: several weeks ago he said he was wrong about world production reaching its peak midway through this decade. He now claims that it probably has already happened - in 2000.

"Production in 2001 and 2002 was down from 2000, and 2003 is not off to a great start. After 2004, the rest of the world's production capability will have dropped enough so that opening all the valves in Saudi Arabia will not catch up to the year 2000."

Bye-Bye Western Civilization

Blame the tape on USAMA :lol:

The Fall Harvest will not wait :o

Reuters

Bin Laden Tape Rattles Stocks

Wednesday September 10, 3:37 pm ET

By Denise Duclaux

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks sank on Wednesday as what was said to be a new videotape showing al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden rattled investors a day before the second anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

The market extended losses in mid-afternoon after Arabic television al Jazeera showed what was said to be a new videotape of al Qaeda leaders walking in the mountains. In audio run with the pictures, a voice said to be that of bin Laden praised the Sept. 11 attackers. The United States blames al Qaeda for the attacks, which killed about 3,000 people in New York and outside Washington.

Crapvision reporting tape is supposedly from March-April 2003. OBL could have another 3 offspring by now. :lol:

Archived