What Will They Think Up Next

It's just downright hilarious. These idiots bonered up the market today because "the gubbermint is backing every thang". And the morans don't even realize the state of the government's finances.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Grease the market up right into the election. Then, pull the rug.

691048[/snapback]

Yes, the government is backing everything indeed. People think the government can afford anything, as if "the government" is some separate thing from another planet-- some Martian Santa Claus-- as if taxpayers don't have to pay for what the government does. We have such a huge ballooning government deficit, and we just keep owing more and more interest on it, instead of collecting taxes to get it paid off. Politicians promote the idea of the U.S. going cheerfully into endless debt, as if it never has to be paid off, and morans believe them.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason on my last post, I'm getting a green hyperlink on the word "working" and it leads to a McDonalds popUpComeOn for employment.

And it's creeping me out.

691052[/snapback]

Actually Doc's system is able to estimate the amount of your net worth that was lost today....and in order for you to survive it has function that searches the internet for jobs that you would be qualified for so you can pay your bills....

(Just kidding :lol: )

Actually Doc's system is able to estimate the amount of your net worth that was lost today....and in order for you to survive it has function that searches the internet for jobs that you would be qualified for so you can pay your bills....

(Just kidding  :lol: )

691053[/snapback]

That is just exactly what I was afraid of.

Even worse if it had predictive power for next week.

These computers, ya get the updates, but they never tell you what it's about.

Hammerin? Hank and Helo Ben are living up to their names this week for sure.  Hank for much longer, but he learned the smiley-face media game quickly after some initial arrogance in first round of interviews.  It?s just a p/r smiley face though, he is the Hammer.  He hammered Barney and the CONgressional leadership into giving him a blank check to deal with Foney&Fraudie, scaring them with the alternative (something about if they set a limit number of $$ available, people would game the system to get there).  This morning he did another scare-sales job in TV interviews, threatening the Congress and the citizenry with their futures, and their kids futures, which would be far worse and more expensive if they didn?t give him a ?couple of hundred billion?, which means at least $1 Trillion, probably.  A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon ?..

The Big Scare seems to be the main ?negotiation? tactic of the Hammer, and the whole neoCON experiment in totalitarian rule for that matter.  Up until a few weeks back, a recession was only a ?remote possibility?.  This week, we face Armageddon if we don?t do what the Hammer recommends. 

Up till now, Ben has been more aptly Lysol Ben, for sterilizing every big cash infusion, however narrow and targeted the slosh.  But I think I see a propeller forming over his bald head.  He clearly seems to have begun monetizing dead-duck toxic waste from every quarter.  If he intends on buying up the lot, that?s gonna run into the tens-of-trillions, at least, I would think.

But for meddling with forces much larger than your imagination or power, Chris Cox gets the golden stool award this week.  The blow back of unintended CONsequences that is gonna be created from the overt attempt to set market prices by changing the rules of trade every friggin? week, will be a milestone in blunders.  :o 

What an invigorating and exhausting and infuriating week this has been.  A moment of silence, as Jim Grant asked at the end of an interview on bloombox, for the death of capitalism.  I would only change it by saying the death of the fa?ade of capitalism. 

Never have so few stolen so much from so many. 

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

691003[/snapback]

Great post. I posted it over on the WSE. http://wallstreetexaminer.com

For some reason on my last post, I'm getting a green hyperlink on the word "working" and it leads to a McDonalds popUpComeOn for employment.

And it's creeping me out.

691052[/snapback]

:o :o :o

KILL IT!! KILL IT!! KILL IT!! KILL IT!! QUICK!!!

i really have no idea why that came to mind, but I do feel better.

With all this circus I missed yesterday's eco data:

New Claims - Level

Consensus 440 K

Actual 455 K

Leading Indicators - M/M change

Consensus -0.2 %

Actual -0.5 %

General Business Conditions Index - Level

Consensus -10.3

Actual 3.8

M2 Weekly Change

Actual $ -1.9 B

The taxpayer's money they are spending NOW could have been used to avert a deep recession instead of being spent on keeping RE and financial asset prices riding out a permanent plateau.

More banks still failing......

Bank Closure: Ameribank of West Virginia

Ameribank, Inc., was closed today by the Office of the Thrift Supervision and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) was named receiver. The FDIC entered into purchase and assumption agreements with Pioneer Community Bank, Inc., Iaeger, West Virginia, and The Citizens Savings Bank, Martins Ferry, Ohio to take over all of the deposits and certain assets of Ameribank, Inc., Northfork, West Virginia.

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2008/pr08082.html

More banks still failing......

Bank Closure: Ameribank of West Virginia

Ameribank, Inc., was closed today by the Office of the Thrift Supervision and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) was named receiver. The FDIC entered into purchase and assumption agreements with Pioneer Community Bank, Inc., Iaeger, West Virginia, and The Citizens Savings Bank, Martins Ferry, Ohio to take over all of the deposits and certain assets of Ameribank, Inc., Northfork, West Virginia.

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2008/pr08082.html

691059[/snapback]

Paulson-Bernanke will institute a new lottery soon where depositors in failed banks will each receive $1 million!!!

That was a day at the bank, my goodness! Again mega volume in FX. many banks have problems with their electronic systems at the moment (CLS, Condor and so on) guess it is because what we are seeing right now is a real time stress test for those systems.

During times like these we best do one thing: We step back and rethink. What they do with this "package" is obvious: They KILL the USD. Yes it is that easy. You have to think easy, not complicated. They print more, so the Dollar devalues. Also: With that package they dont reduce the risk appetite of the banks, because greedy banks get saved, so the not so greedy ones got the middle finger. The not so greedy ones will because of that become greedy ones too. The most greed we have in the USA, so that aint good for the Dollar too, becasue there will be not much confidence from outside the US.

I say: we will see EUR/USD at 2.00 before the decade ends.

691020[/snapback]

The biggest problem is that by assuming the obligation for all this bad paper the US government is destroying its own credit. This is a bigger disaster than the collapse of the financial system. Washington has abdicated the throne to Wall Street.

Dow daily

see, thats why i like TA. [snip]

691030[/snapback]

Foxie, Congrats on the grind gig. Enjoy your weekend! :D

I like to use congestion rather than absolute high/low for my channels (fwiw). Based on the rate of trend decline (magenta) and the rate of counter-trend rally climb (orange), I'm guess-timating early November for the top touch, and though that is ~12330 now(blue), share your zone for then(green)... B) :lol:

post-14-1221873914_thumb.jpg

Archived