B4 the Bell Fryday, July 23, 2004

Guest yobob1

Pissonme just listed the consumer brands that are all taking a beating this week...

Coke, P&G, Gillette, Anheuser Bush, etc.

Welcome to the Death-Of-Brands

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hummm, first I heard of it.

TWO GROUPS OF MIDDLE-EASTERN INVADERS CAUGHT IN COCHISE COUNTY IN PAST SIX WEEKS

On or about the early morning hours of June 13, 2004 Border patrol agents from the Willcox station encountered a large group of suspected illegal border crossers, estimated to be around 158, just east of the Sanders Ranch near the foothills of the Chiricauha Mountains. 71 suspected illegal aliens were apprehended; among them were 53 males of middle-eastern descent.

On or about the evening of June 21, 2004, agents from the Willcox Border Patrol station apprehended 24 members of a larger group of Arabic speaking males located just east of the Pierce/Sunsites area of Cochise County. At least half of the males escaped capture and disappeared into the United States.

http://www.tombstonetumbleweed.com/tombsto...ult.asp#iframe1

Sleddy I'm still long Ivan- Friedlands Chinese Subsidiary SunWing is 50% owned by the Chinese Goobermint and they hold land with proven reserves. I think Friedlands attention at the mo is on sister company Hugo-so I'll keep holding. Friedland never loses it is always wise to bet on him. That story you dug up is chilling. ;) You would think it would be page one-someone has put the clamps on it for sure!

SEC Chairman William Donaldson calls Hedge Funds "An accident waiting to happen"

Fund operators get 2% of funds raised and 20% of profits.

Obviously they don't pay 20% of losses.

What's the downside of that business model?

Why doesn't EVERYONE start a hedgefund?

Big 7B net drain from the Fed. And Moskow was out this AM torquing about stepping up the pace of rate hikes. What are they thinking?

It seems that the Fed is sticking to the party line and, at least for now, not pressing the panic button.

For them to hold back in the face of declining economic activity and a topping out money supply shows a convinction that we haven't seen from the Fed for quite a while. I don't think they will hold firm in the face of an actual recession - which seems to be developing soon.

Wish I was not busy -could be trading fukutures on the short side. Have been short SPY over three weeks on the margin (without trading position) to catch this intermediate - or worse - down move.

Check out the MZM - liquid money supply:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/usfd/page5.pdf

The New York Times Quotation of the Day "Because of offensive actions against Al Qaeda since 9-11 and defense actions to improve Homeland security, we believe we are safer today. But we are not safe......the 911 Commission." I shake my head Millions of $ spent for a blockhead statement like that.

Outhouse toilet paper.

FBI is investigating a purported plot to attack media vehicles attending the Democratic National contention.

Hmmmm...who would benefit by decreased media coverage of such an event?

Hummm, first I heard of it.

TWO GROUPS OF MIDDLE-EASTERN INVADERS CAUGHT IN COCHISE COUNTY IN PAST SIX WEEKS

On or about the early morning hours of June 13, 2004 Border patrol agents from the Willcox station encountered a large group of suspected illegal border crossers, estimated to be around 158, just east of the Sanders Ranch near the foothills of the Chiricauha Mountains. 71 suspected illegal aliens were apprehended; among them were 53 males of middle-eastern descent.

On or about the evening of June 21, 2004, agents from the Willcox Border Patrol station apprehended 24 members of a larger group of Arabic speaking males located just east of the Pierce/Sunsites area of Cochise County. At least half of the males escaped capture and disappeared into the United States.

http://www.tombstonetumbleweed.com/tombsto...ult.asp#iframe1

more...

Information officer Andy Adame, from the Border Patrol Tucson sector says, ?I guarantee it?s not true.?

Adame, who says many of the agents in the area are ?green?, questions why they would have shared the information with the Tumbleweed or any other source. ?Our policy is to turn any OTM?s over to the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security,? Adame said in a phone call made to the Tumbleweed Wednesday morning.

For reasons of National security, Adame said his agency cannot talk about the origin of nationaity, however Adame says that since October 1, 2003, the beginning of the fiscal year for Border Patrol, agents in the Tucson sector have apprehended 5,510 illegals from countries other than Mexico or other central or South American countries. Adame described them as ?people from all over the world?.

While they deny the individual incidents, the current year statistics are even more

shocking! This really pisses me off. (sorry, but it does!)

Perhaps those "Syrian band members" that landed at LAX with expired visas were

only here to play at the "welcome across the border celebration" somewhere

in the desert.

I am soooo fed up with the excuses all the time that information is stiffled "for

reasons of National security." The info is stiffled because of the inadequate,

incompetent methods being used to protect us. Everybody laughed at the woman

who thought she spotted something wrong with the "arabic band members" on

her plane, yet once again the visas were not properly checked.

As to the over-population problem in a potentially drastic reduction of food supplies

due to oil shortages...Fogedaboudit!!! The ultimate conclusion of this tinkering

with war scenario will result in a nuclear showdown that will kill vast #s of humans.

Problem Solved!!!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived