On the edge of the abyss

yeah, and here's that post i was gonna post today only i didn't want to jinx anybody so i asked if anybody minded if i posted it cause i didn't want to jinx anybody about a crash call in case it didn't really crash and somebody would blame me but it's not my fault cause i didn't write it i only linked to it and how come none of you guys go to other blogs and stuff and find this stuff and post it here so i wouldn't have to post it and possibly get blamed for saying the crash word and then the markets don't crash and it's all my fault cept it's not cause doc says crash all the time and nobody blames him when it doesn't crash.

so there

A Puetz eclipse crash window is in effect...

The first full moon in the wake of the January 15th solar eclipse that marked the peak in mass mood will occur on January 30th. Thus, a Puetz eclipse crash window is in effect from January 25th to February 2nd during which there may be "rapid transformation of investor psychology from manic greed to paranoia".

Now, as indicated by Chris Carolan, a "point of recognition" may occur. In this context, note that we have just entered a Puetz eclipse crash window:

Several years back, a cycle watcher named Steve Puetz attempted to see if eclipses and market crashes were somehow related. He studied eight of the greatest crashes in financial history, from the Holland Tulip Mania of 1637 to the Nikkei of 1990. He found that market crashes tend to occur near full moons, and that the greatest number of crashes start after the first full moon after a solar eclipse, when that full moon is also a lunar eclipse. Puetz found that all eight crashes occurred six days before to three days after a full moon that occurred within six weeks of a solar eclipse. The odds of that being a coincidence, Puetz calculated, are less than 1 in 127,000.

Puetz was not saying that so-called "Puetz windows" always lead to crashes, but that if a crash is going to occur, a Puetz window would be the likely time frame in which it would happen. Puetz windows tend to occur every year or two, while crashes are rare events. (SOURCE)

He....concludes that a full moon in general and a lunar (eclipse) full moon close to solar eclipses, in particular, seem to be the triggering device that allows for the rapid transformation of investor psychology from manic greed to paranoia (SOURCE).

http://spiritoftruthblog.org/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jolly_green_giant.gif

11702939.jpg

jollyreddouchebag.jpg

w?s=^GSPC

That's funny.

Doc's favorite blogger ZeroHedge is possibly getting sued by Morgan Stanley for plagiarism of its charts.

http://blog.ctnews.com/teribuhl/2010/01/28...inst-zerohedge/

What I find amusing is that the blogger on another site who pointed out the similarity of the charts, used the name Dexter Morgan. Aside from the reference to Morgan Stanley, you may remember that Dexter Morgan is the name of what Showtime refers to as "America's favorite serial killer."

I despise those people. The plagiarism, and at the very least, copyright infringement is disgusting, to say nothing of the exaggeration, misuse of data, and outright lies. I have scanned the comments occasionally when you guys have posted a link to them, and they are appalling. The commenters are little more than hate filled neanderthals. When you consider the CNBC crowd at one extreme, and these creeps at the other, it's a pretty scary world. No one seems interested in the truth any more.

It's really horrifying.

See you in the morning.

Oh and how delicious it will be. A worldwide market meltdown triggered by the confirmation of Ben Bernanke for a second term as ruler of the financial world.

If ever there was a good reason for the markets to crash, this is it.

I've used the word crash repeatedly, both here and in my newsletter in recent weeks.

absolutely

i didn't mean to imply that you didn't

i just don't want anybody saying "we wuz gonna crash right up until that time that idiot posted that KRAP about somekind of stupid "crash window" based on some stupid ship like eclipses and KRAP like that there."

no dr.stool been talking crash lots and i thinks he right only don't read this cause i don't want to jinx nobody

Oh and how delicious it will be. A worldwide market meltdown triggered by the confirmation of Ben Bernanke for a second term as ruler of the financial world.

If ever there was a good reason for the markets to crash, this is it.

Doc you rock.

and

i agree.

Squealer can go to hell with napoleon.

We can forgive but never forget.

I was reading a news piece last night about some woman who "shared" 24 music songs on the internet and the music industry came down on her with a court case in the millions. I read they would initially target you for a $750 case, then go higher.

I guess anything can be tracked, and even small people need to be aware of their exploits of others material.

Born to be criminal.

Exactly, however it is very interesting to see how popular the IPhone is given the restrictions. This thing is even more onerous and a sign of the times:

'This is a huge step backward in the history of computing,' said FSF's Holmes Wilson, 'If the first personal computers required permission from the manufacturer for each new program or new feature, the history of computing would be as dismally totalitarian as the milieu in Apple's famous Super Bowl ad.' The iPad has DRM writ large: you can only install what Apple says you may, and 'computing' goes consumer mainstream — no more twiddling, just sit back, spend your money, and watch the show — while we allow you to."

Holmes Wilson is a Douchebag. He can always go run Linux, compile his own kernel, and use open source software. The ipad is closed because its manufacturer doesn't want unapproved or malicious apps on their device, because their reputation is affected by poor software. iPad buyers will not care about this. iPhone users don't care either.

DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a fact of life because content creators don't want their stuff given out for free.

I was reading a news piece last night about some woman who "shared" 24 music songs on the internet and the music industry came down on her with a court case in the millions. I read they would initially target you for a $750 case, then go higher.

I guess anything can be tracked, and even small people need to be aware of their exploits of others material.

Born to be criminal.

There's more to that case that meets the eye. The music industry offered to let her off the hook for $25,000, which her attorneys immediately rejected. (As opposed to the initial fine of hundreds of thousands.) Her attorneys? Can't even imagine what having a team of attorneys would cost. Clearly someone with deep pockets is backing her. Any individual would jump at a chance to get off the hook for 25K, since the legal fees on an appeal would be FAR more than that.

Another behind the scenes deal that we don't have enough info to understand.

There's more to that case that meets the eye. The music industry offered to let her off the hook for $25,000, which her attorneys immediately rejected. (As opposed to the initial fine of hundreds of thousands.) Her attorneys? Can't even imagine what having a team of attorneys would cost. Clearly someone with deep pockets is backing her. Any individual would jump at a chance to get off the hook for 25K, since the legal fees on an appeal would be FAR more than that.

Another behind the scenes deal that we don't have enough info to understand.

Yes. I wonder what poor suckers they target for $750. Probably somebody like me. :lol:

Archived