Mark's Thread For The Weak End

Every chart I track has an EXTREMELY bullish setup for Monday morning. Comparable to Dec.31. Almost an exact duplicate formation. Went dong before the close with my few piddly bullets hoping to make a bit of scratch. This winter is KILLING me! Fortunately, I have some work for a month or so back at the same mega-mansion up in Whistler. Massive fireplace to construct and stone veneer.

Will ride it VERY short term and wait for a shorting opportunity after that. I can't upload the charts. Somewhere in my 'puter the path is srewed up and my rookie 'puter skills will need my literate buddy to straighten it out. God only knows what I've screwed up in this machine. I learn more every day though.

Happy trading!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew-What a day! KA-CHING-Baby! Last night I posted again that I thought ARMAGEDDON was at hand-even sent Piles a personal message to Lock n Load-but the rascal already had. END is right (he usually is) this is going to continue-2 days ago I posted that we had never had a 3rd wave down of this degree so odds are it will be a HISTORY Maker-it really ticks me off to see a post like GOLDMEMBERS saying he is going long on Monday?? A lot of us work hard to help our fellow stoolies make some coin and stay out of trouble-going long at this juncture after the huge technical damage of today is like standing in front of a cannon and lighting it yourself. At the open i was short 920-910 and 900 on my SPX ladder at the close I am short 890-885 and 875 and banked major coin today stepping down my ladder. it is wise my friends to use a ladder to leverage your puts or calls for that matter. As an example if I still had the 920's because they are so deep in the money they would simply return dollar for dollar on a falling SPX-by laddering down you still get dollar for dollar but the premium rises as well because it means something so you get a double reward plus you get your PROFIT out which is WHY we do this. I intra day scalped on the e minis today for a net 16 points if you do the math on full position buy and I made 3-WOWZA! and it's easy to do on a day like this just wait for a rally at resistance and short hell out of it. Plus Gold like the energizer BUNNY just keeps going and going-$400.-looks doable shortly. This market is screwed technically and the funnymentals just get worse plus SHRUB is now peeing off the allies (the Rumsfeld-Europe row is big news over there) how willing will they be to finance the deficit over here-NOW- not very. So stay SHORT-Trade Safe!

In Mark's absence, I have opened this thread for you Mark fans.

Unfortunately, however, I have nothing clever, creative, funny, or intelligent to say. :blink: :P :lol:

Marky Mark fans, take it away!

Mark, where are you?

Friday night. Must be a hot date! :grin:

No change in position.

What a friggin nightmare for the bulls.

The bearishness should continue with a splattering of bull guts all over the place, the next few weeks. Although, next week should provide a take profits and wait a few days type of day.

Made good coin today.

How did my fellow stoolies doo doo? B)

Don't follow me.

Wow! This is all too much...looks like the wave 3 we've been waiting for is about to happen! Look at that lovely consolidation at the low on DOW intraday going into close. Definitely down again Mon imo. Damn, we've got a national hol here Mon so we're gonna miss some of the action but could get the double whammy Tues with luck. On the All Ords chart I can see a 6 month downward run as a possibility (maybe just wishful thinking). Bear-Behind mentioned that the footsie has taken out the Oct lows so no doubt the rest of us will follow...and soon. :grin: :grin: :grin:

B4 congrats on your hard earned profits, greed got the best of me... planned on buying spx puts at the close yesterday and laddering in every 10 point increase as I knew this pig was roasted. However per my post last nite tried to catch a few more points on the upside as the hourly macd was pointing straight up...you know the rest of the story...fortunately still holding c and jpm shorts, closed GFI long when Maria started spouting off on gold. Trade safe!

yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was a good one today. hope everyone caught it. was thinking it might crumble further after 2:30 but no complaints, stayed short through the close.

end, since you asked, i'm 90% in WAY out of the money SPX and QQQ puts (no margin, as if that needs to be said) - account up 30%. :)

b4, glad to hear your ladder's coming along nicely. i knew it would. :P :D

anybody got any thoughts about BB's '4 down days OR 3 up days' for next week? i could see a weak bounce that gets swept quickly away in the trend, but have trouble with more than that.

Hey Guys,

Well I did it again. I was ready, willing and able to pull the trigger. I believed Simple Guy, Piles, Brian, et all had it right. I was just waiting for that "perfect" moment which, as Piles says over and over, NEVER COMES.

UnF#$#%^ing believable that I will go %200 long via Rydex and risk my ass for the bear rallies but can't seem to go short.

Now, of course, my head is screaming IT'S TOO LATE TO GO SHORT. Is it?????

Maybe I need to find a market psycologist. I know we must have one, or a dozen, here in LA.

Congrats to you guys, best damn market timers I've ever seen!!!

Brian and all,

Thanks for all you do for this site. Your wisdom has helped me save my portfolio from distruction. I have noticed that you really care about people and that is rare in this world. I can say the same for Doc,Piles,end and some others. I will remember you all in my early retirement. And to think this site is only $80 a year. Cheap cheap cheap!!!!

Archived