Markets End The Week With Olympic Gold

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hit the beach!

Granted.

I'm frustrated with the markets, too.

But that's no way to refer to your wife.

Furthermore, you really shouldn't publicly condone spousal abuse.

It's a real social problem for thousands of women.

:huh:

"Never mind."

6a00e54f133d69883401156f88b4c2970c-800wi1.jpg

War Of The Central Banks? - Wolf Richter:

http://t.co/7LoAa0Kx

Now that Germany's industrial activity is in a free fall measures will be fast tracked and less contested.

I don't know about Greece leaving the EZ. It's probably cheaper to keep paying them and forcing reforms (plenty government owned companies that EU would like to see privatized for multinationals to nab them on the cheap) than kicking them out.

Speaking of bad jokes did you see the German representative giving an olympic salute that looked like a nazi salute?

article-2180142-14403AC2000005DC-812_634x364.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180142/Is-appropriate-Dignitary-gives-questionable-salute-German-athletes-Boris-Camilla-look-fit-giggles.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Not your favorite source, but interesting...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/schauble-just-says-nein-again-german-finmin-denies-rumors-ecb-bond-buying

"When day after day, for three days in a row last week, the ECB spread rumors that it would commence buying Spanish debt in what was in retrospect nothing but a massive bluff (just as we suggested yesterday), what passes for a market postulated that since there was no official German denial, and with Merkel on vacation that would mean a statement from her finance minister sidekick Wolfgang Schauble, that Germany was ok with the reactivation of Spanish bond buying and as a result ramped risk by over 4% in 3 days. All of that is about to wiped out as Schauble has finally spoken. Quote Spiegel: "For days, it is rumored that the ECB will buy Spanish government bonds in a big way. Now Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble has rejected such reports - there was "no truth". And scene. Luckily all the momo chasers who bought stocks last week on hopes their prayer-based strategy will finally play out, will be able to sell ahead of all those other momo chasers who bought stocks last week on hope their prayer-based strategy will finally play out. Or maybe not. .."

http://www.zerohedge...ecb-bond-buying

"When day after day, for three days in a row last week, the ECB spread rumors that it would commence buying Spanish debt in what was in retrospect nothing but a massive bluff (just as we suggested yesterday), what passes for a market postulated that since there was no official German denial, and with Merkel on vacation that would mean a statement from her finance minister sidekick Wolfgang Schauble, that Germany was ok with the reactivation of Spanish bond buying and as a result ramped risk by over 4% in 3 days. All of that is about to wiped out as Schauble has finally spoken. Quote Spiegel: "For days, it is rumored that the ECB will buy Spanish government bonds in a big way. Now Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble has rejected such reports - there was "no truth". And scene. Luckily all the momo chasers who bought stocks last week on hopes their prayer-based strategy will finally play out, will be able to sell ahead of all those other momo chasers who bought stocks last week on hope their prayer-based strategy will finally play out. Or maybe not. .."

Other than often misrepresent or misinterpret the facts, allow hate speech, and have essentially never been right about the market, they have broken a story here and there. Otherwise they're all hype and bluster, whining and bullshit.

http://www.zerohedge...ecb-bond-buying

Whenever rates in Spain and Italy get close to or above 7% again they'll just come out and talk some more oractually buy more sovereign bonds in the market ultimately if needed.

Now that Germany's industrial activity is in a free fall measures will be fast tracked and less contested.

I don't know about Greece leaving the EZ. It's probably cheaper to keep paying them and forcing reforms (plenty government owned companies that EU would like to see privatized for multinationals to nab them on the cheap) than kicking them out.

Speaking of bad jokes did you see the German representative giving an olympic salute that looked like a nazi salute?

article-2180142-14403AC2000005DC-812_634x364.jpg

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

OMG, how predictable was it that such a story will be written by a british tabloid? I guess those 2 idiots who call themselves journalists had that story in mind since the Games were given to London years ago: "Take a pic of the German representative during the opening ceremony, and whatever he does simply call it a nazi salute, then we have our story!"

Here a few comments by readers:

"So they didn't get royal waving lessons. SO what. And besides. Unless anatomy is totally different in the UK, he's waving with his LEFT arm"

"why are we obsessed with the war???"

"This story is a hoax. It only looks like a Nazi salut if you freeze the motion of his arm in that position. When you see it in motion he is waving

"This is a non story. DM your overpaid staff are "selling" utter rubbish to fill space. The Nazi salute was given with the right hand anyway."

"My husband, sons and I all gasped when he did this, particularly as he repeated the gesture. This was a straight arm salute, and he did most definitely NOT wave. This is not a comment about the German people, as we have always found them to be very nice, on various visits to their beautiful country...this is a comment about someone making an inappropriate gesture."

The last one i share somewhat, one - espacially as a German - has not to make a gesture which could be easily misinterpreted. I simply would have clapped with my hands if id be him.

The real story of the opening ceremony is the following: First of all it was fascinating and it definitely did set a new benchmark which will be hard to overtake for any other nation in the future. BUT: What in the goddam hell had the military to do there? During the whole ceremony there were soldier holding the olympic flag and so on, they had a very prominent and for everyone visible role during the ceremony. It was disgusting. It destroyed the spirit of the Games.

Actually, I'm thankful that the British military exists and don't mind them being featured in the Olympics. They're not perfect, but they've been pretty goddamn heroic at times in the past 75 years. The Brits have every reason to be proud of them and feature them in the Olympic ceremonies. I can understand why Germans, who typically abhor militarism of any kind with good reason, may feel differently, but your criticism is misplaced.

Actually, I'm thankful that the British military exists and don't mind them being featured in the Olympics. They're not perfect, but they've been pretty goddamn heroic at times in the past 75 years. The Brits have every reason to be proud of them and feature them in the Olympic ceremonies. I can understand why Germans, who typically abhor militarism of any kind with good reason, may feel differently, but your criticism is misplaced.

My point was not to critizise the british army as such, or the heroic acts they did in the past. In fact they - and even more the US Army - are the reason why I as a German was able to be raised up and live in freedom and not under a dictatorship of the worst kind.

My point was that for me personally the opening ceremony and the military as such dont fit together. But that is likely more the outcome of an somewhat anti-militaristic point of view, for which - as you profoundly pointed out - there is a very good reason for a German in regard of german history.

Archived