Amazon's Amazing Ramp

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is interesting because Bradley for 2009 says that the last turning point is in NoV 2009

www.bankfotek.pl/view/430127

the first turning point in 2010 is at march 2010. This would mean one thing - a BIG run up starting in november till march 2010, or a nice steadily falling till march 2010?

this is interesting because Bradley for 2009 says that the last turning point is in NoV 2009

www.bankfotek.pl/view/430127

the first turning point in 2010 is at march 2010. This would mean one thing - a BIG run up starting in november till march 2010, or a nice steadily falling till march 2010?

On his site he runs correlation analysis for his Bradley (which evidently is Donald Bradley's original formula) vs a few markets.

Highest correlations are with oil & euro....

I don't know if ya'll remember a post I did a while back about tops being formed by an initial break of the 5 min line, and then a recapture to the upside while momo wanes or flattens out on longer time frames. Anyway, below is a chart of the RUT displaying damn near perfectly what I was talking about. Sorry for the big size, but it was the only way I could fit what I think is a very important clue to what the market is up to right now.

I know, I know...completely random action.... ^_^

I don't know if ya'll remember a post I did a while back about tops being formed by an initial break of the 5 min line, and then a recapture to the upside while momo wanes or flattens out on longer time frames. Anyway, below is a chart of the RUT displaying damn near perfectly what I was talking about. Sorry for the big size, but it was the only way I could fit what I think is a very important clue to what the market is up to right now.

I know, I know...completely random action.... ^_^

I know that this does not matter for trading purposes, but it is in my nature to try to understand things -

Do you have any guess or theory as to why such a set-up may happen? What is the mechanics of the market that causes such a set-up? Is it just "psychology," or is there a series of events put in place by the "big boys?"

This may be asking to peer behind the curtain to see the Wizzard of Oz.

Thnx.

The hourly RUT shows the divergent loss of momo on a longer time frame. We have peeked in to crash window a couple of times already, and there is always the possibility that this is just another peek, but the 3rd time is the charm might just play out here...

I am hoping to see the trendicator 72MA approximate something along the lines shown on the chart below. It has just kinked down, from a very weak position in relation to the 200. It also did so in September, but we are much further along now, and the likelihood of a significant correction is much higher now, and has the historical comparisons from more than one period in time supporting the correction idea.

Obviously, any move back above Friday's high now would be a MAJOR warning sign to bears. But right now, they appear to have the ball in the Red Zone.

Need a gold plated tungsten bar that is very difficult to detect? Who do you think is advertising that product. And you thought you banker was a crook.

Why tungsten alloy is used as gold substitution?

. . . It is necessary to tell that alloying gold with tungsten would not work for several reasons but a coin with a tungsten center and gold all around it could not be detected as counterfeit by density measurement alone.

If/when I buy my brick of gold rather than Eagles, how should I test the brick to see if it is 100 percent gold since the common density test no longer works with the tungsten core gold bars?

Does anyone know?

Thnx.

I know that this does not matter for trading purposes, but it is in my nature to try to understand things -

Do you have any guess or theory as to why such a set-up may happen? What is the mechanics of the market that causes such a set-up? Is it just "psychology," or is there a series of events put in place by the "big boys?"

This may be asking to peer behind the curtain to see the Wizzard of Oz.

Thnx.

Tops take time....just the way it seems to be...I just try observe what is, and try not to over analyze things, as the reasons are meaningless to me. How price generally reacts in various situations is really all that matters. The rest is just mental masturbation.

Fannie Mae was a great example. I identified glaring problems on their balance sheet in the early 2000's, yet they managed to survive for years, until price action finally gave the clues that the fundamentals were being realized by market participants. And then, even after the problems were evident, and there was no basis for even thinking about owing FNM, price hit the weekly 900, and to the surprise of many, it rallied off that low for another 2 years. I called that weekly bottom real time here pretty much to the day by the way, using only price action.

If were to guess, it would be that things generally get more over extended by fear on a short term basis by fear than they do by greed. Most bull markets are long grinding affairs, while bear markets are usually shorter and much steeper. So, often we see spike panic lows that reverse fairly quickly, and grinding slow mo roll tops. The exception on the tops is if it is a bubble top, with a severe final run. Those usually reverse fairly quickly. Just take a look at some of the earning reversals from spike tops we have already seen over the last few weeks, which were the result of panic buying, or fear of missing the next big move up.

If/when I buy my brick of gold rather than Eagles, how should I test the brick to see if it is 100 percent gold since the common density test no longer works with the tungsten core gold bars?

Does anyone know?

Thnx.

Tungsten is very hard, combined with carbon (Tungsten Carbide) it is used to cut steel.

Gold is a very soft metal. 999 gold can be marked with you fingernail.

Archived