B4 the Bell, Freedomday, Aug. 13, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CBS.MW - EBay said Friday it's taking a 25 percent stake in Craigslist, a popular classified Web site where people can post or access information about jobs, real estate, events or people in their local area.

Neither company would disclose the financial terms except to say that the stake eBay purchased was from a former Craigslist employee.

"We're doing this to gain exposure to this business model," said [Ebay spokesperson Hani] Durzy.

De-worsification

"Gain exposure"? You're giving me a queasy feeling here, Hani.

They won't disclose the terms because they're embarrassing. Pissing away capital on a money-losing operation to buy market share.

Classic behavior of a past-its-peak enterprise which has run out of ideas, but refuses to share the cash with shareholders via a dividend.

Short this pig ...

American Reportedly Detained in Iran

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

Associated Press Writer

August 13, 2004, 9:45 AM EDT

TEHRAN, Iran -- Security forces have detained an American man for illegally entering Iran from Pakistan, state television reported Friday.

An Iranian police officer confirmed to The Associated Press the Tuesday arrest of the unidentified American, saying his motives for crossing the border had not been determined.

The American was being interrogated, the officer said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Iran has tightened security on its eastern border with Pakistan and Afghanistan to prevent infiltration by supporters of the al-Qaida terror group and the former Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

State television said the man was Jewish but did not identify him further. It said he was arrested in Sistan-Baluchestan, a southeastern province that borders Pakistan.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wi...world-headlines

what a joke - every terrorist in the world streams thru and they nab an american.

welcome LenyGold! :)

- Andrew Macdonald, The Turner Diaries

Good Reading list Machinehead.

About the same as Clanceys series although Clancey is not quite as radical.

The racial and ethnic prejudice (which is what made the book notorious) is a demerit in my view.

But I like the muscular skepticism toward the gov't and the press (sorry for redundancy :lol: ).

CBS.MW - EBay said Friday it's taking a 25 percent stake in Craigslist, a popular classified Web site where people can post or access information about jobs, real estate, events or people in their local area.

Neither company would disclose the financial terms except to say that the stake eBay purchased was from a former Craigslist employee.

"We're doing this to gain exposure to this business model," said [Ebay spokesperson Hani] Durzy.

De-worsification

"Gain exposure"? You're giving me a queasy feeling here, Hani.

They won't disclose the terms because they're embarrassing. Pissing away capital on a money-losing operation to buy market share.

Classic behavior of a past-its-peak enterprise which has run out of ideas, but refuses to share the cash with shareholders via a dividend.

Short this pig ...

I think they're doing it as a response to MSFT's marketplace which is due out end of this year I think. Which, in my mind, makes EBAY an excellent short at some point in time.

Don't say that,Plunger!!! We have reservations to spend the weekend on Folly Beach (off Charleston) this weekend. My brother leaves Tues for cancer surgery  in NYC, and this is our big "relax and feel the love going away party."  Who'd a thunk?????

Lucy, you brought me back to my sailor daze. Spent a few years hanging out there.

Wasn't much there... thats why I loved it so much.

Archived