IDS World Markets Monday 28 April 2003

From "The History of the Oyster"

.....The oyster starts life as a larva, smaller than a pinhead, floating amongst the plankton in waters that wash sheltered bays and estuaries. It may be one of a brood of a million or more produced by an individual adult oyster. If it survives to reach the table of a plush restaurant it will be accompanied only by 250 of its brood companions - the remainder will have perished mainly during the larval stage. After about three weeks floating in the plankton the larva develops an 'eye' which induces a negative response to light, causing it to move to the bottom, settle and attach itself to any suitable substrate....History of the Oyster

49th International Oyster Festival Galway, Ireland 25-28 September, 2003

Happy Birthday to Oysters everywhere! :P

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiwi, Aussie, Nick-Me and South Korean Markets have all opened down for Monday 28 April trading.

Uncle Buck-

intraday.gif?s...w=15&a=2&v.gif

Spoo-Hoo's-

globex.png

Globex Flash Quotes Link

From Bloomberg

Japanese Stocks Seen Falling, Led by Honda Motor; Sony May Extend Slide

Japanese stocks may fall, led by exporters such as Honda Motor Co., after a U.S. government report showed the world's largest economy grew at a slower pace in the first quarter than some economists expected.

Bank of Japan Board Seen Refraining From Injecting More Cash Into Economy

Phillips-Van Heusen Among Companies Selling $10 Billion in Debt This Week Bloomberg

Reuters

Tokyo Stocks Seen Renewing 20-Year Lows

Japanese stocks are likely to set new multi-decade lows on Monday, dragged down by bellwether Sony Corp after huge sell orders prompted by its weak earnings were left unmatched in the previous session.

But aggressive selling may be curbed ahead of a national holiday on Tuesday, and investors will likely take a wait-and-see stance before a slew of earnings reports due after the close from blue chips including Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Story

AM Market Call By CNNMoney

alceringa

Excellent info, charts, and links. Thanks for the time and effort to provide the info.

I'd like to stay up to 3:00 AM to see if the machinations of the spoo futures, often discussed in Stoolville, but its past my bedtime. I'll just have to check out the action tomorrow morning. See ya'all on IDS.

Ok, well we got a bearish one here today, finally.... It was a bit of a willy-nilly type selloff with the All Ords closing in a support zone so a bounce tomorrow not out of the question. The intraday action was basically a fall at the open and sideways thereafter, normally a bearish setup. In other words the jury's out. I would have liked to buy another put but the market just dropped toooo fast on open to get involved.

The golds were dragged down in line with the general market:

LHG -2.2%

NCM -1.2%

NEM -2.0%

Asia off the lows, let's see what Europe does...

STEWARD'S ANNOUNCEMENT

OK, guys -

I'm staggerin' off to bed now so be prepared to stay with this thread a little longer than usual since I'll be lookin' to open the AM one somewhere in the 8:15 to 8:30 area. :blink: :blink: :blink:

From "The History of the Oyster"

.....The oyster starts life as a larva, smaller than a pinhead, floating amongst the plankton in waters that wash sheltered bays and estuaries. It may be one of a brood of a million or more produced by an individual adult oyster. If it survives to reach the table of a plush restaurant it will be accompanied only by 250 of its brood companions - the remainder will have perished mainly during the larval stage. After about three weeks floating in the plankton the larva develops an 'eye' which induces a negative response to light, causing it to move to the bottom, settle and attach itself to any suitable substrate....History of the Oyster

49th International Oyster Festival Galway, Ireland 25-28 September, 2003

Happy Birthday to Oysters everywhere! :P

:grin: :grin: :grin:

many many thx.......Hmmmmm....oysters

Sony finished daily limit down of 500 yen in Japan. Nick-me was down 1.2%.

Uncle Buck is making new lows against the Euro, Pounder and Sw Franc.

Dax, Can't See 40 and the Footsie all opening up.

Latest from Bloomberg

German Business Confidence Dropped in April to Lowest Level in 16 Months

German business confidence fell to the lowest in 16 months in April, a sign Europe's largest economy will be slow to recover after stagnating in the final three months of last year.

Matsushita Electric Narrows Fourth-Quarter Loss as DVD and TV Sales Rise Listen

Scottish & Newcastle to Sell Pubs, Restaurants Unit Worth $3.7 Billion Link

On EuroCrapvision this morning a fundmanager(fund of funds,methinks) Peter Toogood answered an email from an "investor".

The emailer posed the question "shouldn't the S&P head higher now as it trades on 17x earnings,and the inverse of 17 makes it cheaper than bonds also the fact that quite a number of stocks are now trading above their 200ma?"

Interesting to note that there are obviously enough sheeple who still think this way-in three years of bear they have learned nothing!

Peter Toogood's answer was that the S&P was also at 17x earnings when the FED rate was at 12%.Since then, it has come down to approx. 4% in the longest bull market for bonds the market has ever known.If inflation comes, then the inverse of earnings will make the S&P more expensive

than it already is, and if bond yeilds decline further then it's Nippon here we come.

He didn't even mention that the S&P at 17x earnings is just another fantasy figure dreamed up by the shills.

He further went on to say that in his discussions with hedgehogs,they all got killed in March except possibly some macrofunds.While the volatility of the whole market is relatively low,the intra-day volatility of individual stocks is extremely high and that blows up their hedges.

German Business Confidence Unexpectedly Fell in April

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...zk6o&refer=home

``The drop sends an important message: that the end of the war in Iraq doesn't solve the economic problems,'' said Jacques Cailloux, an economist at Barclays Capital in London, whose forecast for a reading of 87 was closest to the result.''

Geez, really?

``The drop sends an important message: that the end of the war in Iraq doesn't solve the economic problems,'' said Jacques Cailloux....

No joke, Jack. I thought you French felt the start of the war caused the economic problems. At least one thing Bush agrees with you on.

btw- goldza poppin', up 1.40. Maybe HUI/XAU will turn, but I won't hold my breath.

Also raining on the Iraq Victory parade today: (CNN) "The U.S. says it will confer with its allies about the possibility of U.N. sanctions on North Korea in an effort to force it to give up its nuclear plans. North Korea says any international sanctions would effectively be a declaration of war. "

Archived