An Easter Egg Tale

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Real drop will not come until June. Down into 2nd week in may then bounce into June then we will be set up for multi months decline. That should take care of 9 months up phase.

Anyone agrees with my foolish view?

Thanks

take care.

I was thinking, bounce around early May, low late May early June, then up. I look at the potential alternate realities and paly it by ear, so I'll watch both (or more scenarios).

Doc,

I tried Starband a couple of years ago before they had cable or DSL in my area. It worked as long as you weren't running anything time sensitive, such as uh, streaming quote or charts.

The reason is that the signal has to go to space and back, I was getting 1100+ ms ping times. I shitcanned it after one month. Unless they have done something to improve the ping times, it probably won't work for you. I guess you could run whatever streaming apps you have on the dialup, and use the satellite for the other stuff.

I may not know sh1t about the markets but I can tell you that we've had a hell of a hard time exceeding the speed of light. Geosynchronous satellites are 22,000 miles out in space, as KW points out thats going to be a 400-500ms trip each way for each packet no matter how you slice it. Packets are sent and need to be acknowledged - this is why interactive network connections over satellites - sux.

Sorry Doc

Real drop will not come until June. Down into 2nd week in may then bounce into June then we will be set up for multi months decline. That should take care of 9 months up phase.

Anyone agrees with my foolish view?

Thanks

take care.

Count me in Fool.

725 by 7/25

You're never going to find it in the charts, but you are going to have to factor in politics as everyone starts looking toward the next election. The ruling class elite will pull out all the stops to dress things up and paint both the economy and the market for the sheep. The Greenman screwed bushman the first. Won't happen this time even if they have to go to the helicopter drop. No major meltdown until after bushman II is safely embedded for another 4 years.

Doc,

I tried Starband a couple of years ago before they had cable or DSL in my area. It worked as long as you weren't ruuning anything time sensitive, such as uh, streaming quote or charts.

The reason is the the signal has to go to space and back, I was getting 1100+ ms ping times. I shitcanned it after one month. Unless they have done something to improve the ping times, it probably won't work for you. I guess you could run whatever streaming apps you have on the dialup, and use the satellite for the other stuff.

1100 ms ping times? Can you even play pong with that??! Hee hee!

In case you didn't understand "ping time", Doc -- it's the time that it takes for your signal to be sent from your computer to the sattelite, retrieve the info you wanted and then get it back to your computer. If the ping time is too slow, many sites (such as E*Trade) won't work because they're set to receive a signal within a certain time period. The sattelite service is great for surfing the web in general though.

Miss Moneypenny - The Official Translator of Stoolville

I'd have to disagree with that, Miss. MP, I have a 2 way satellite hookup, and although the ping times are as stated, it doesn't interfere with my ETrade streaming quotes.

rog: I bet they are talking along these lines? "With almost half of credit-card holding Americans (i.e. most Americans) effectively bankrupt, do we have the basis for a traditional economic recovery, that is pent-up demand"? Well, he doesn't think so and neither do I. He remarks that, "Recoveries happen after a period of slowdown during which consumers tighten up, and limit their purchasing in order to pay down some debt and improve their bottom lines. That creates 'pent-up demand' which uncoils like a spring as increasingly financially sound consumers hit the stores, eager to get back to shopping."

"

Actually Bob "Ink Stain" Bernanke is talking about business investment taking off in H203 and continuing strong through 2004. Never gave any reasons why it would take off. Come to think maybe he has a new speech writer.

From Doc " Doc would like to extend his tanks to all the 700 people who did not cancel their subscriptions this month.

And especially the one new guy who signed up. "

Doc was I the only one? If so I would like my money back! (just kidding)

I must say I am shocked. This is a great board with many good posters and Doc's service is well worth the price. To the lurkers who haven't signed up yet I would say that its a great way to support the board and still get a great product from Doc, in his anals :D .

Want to say hi all and thanks for the great source of info. The one thing I noticed is that many are perma bears and I am one also but in order to make money in this market you either have to play both sides or take your profits and let the bulls have their turn.

rog: it is the only song they know. Can/will folks buy into the same lie 3 years running?

You vastly underestimate the stupidity of the average American investor.

Archived