Does This Story Bring Something Else To Mind?

The Dog That Would Not Die

WASHINGTON, April 23 ? In an amazing story of canine survival California-style, a dog named Dosha has shown she has nearly as many lives as the average cat.

DOSHA WAS HIT by a car near her owner?s home on April 15. Next, a police officer shot her in the head to put her out of her misery. Then, presumed dead, she was put in a freezer at an animal control center . . .

bloodhoundicon.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sony Stuns with Weak Profits, Unveils Reforms

TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp., the world's largest consumer electronics maker, shocked investors on Thursday by falling far short of earnings targets and projecting a profit slide, blaming war worries and a costly restructuring plan

For the business year that started on April 1, Sony projected a net profit of 50 billion yen, less than half the previous year's already disappointing 115.52 billion yen and well below anal cysts' consensus forecasts of 180 billion yen, according to estimates compiled by Reuters Research

BEIJING, China (CNN) -- A major hospital in Beijing has been placed under quarantine in a bid to curb the spread of the deadly SARS virus in the capital.

The 1,200-bed Beijing University People's Hospital is closing for 10 days, hospital staff told CNN on Thursday, although it was not immediately known how many patients and staff might be affected.

Although China's leadership has signaled the need for transparency, a CNN crew attempting to report on the hospital's quarantine was temporarily detained and had video tapes confiscated.

Crooked,

Remember what I said on M2M last night?

Statistically speaking (99.9% confidence level) its highly unlikely we'll see SPX 919 again. Never agreed with SPX 930 targets, too high.

My final topping target, made last Friday, was ~2% higher than Thursday's close...off by 1%. Oh well. :wink2:

See you at the bottom of the dung heap in May ! :lol:

My indicator oscillator is sporting a reading of 2.61, down from 2.72.

Although the Nasdaq stocks over 50MA, the SP Bullish Percent level, the Daily P/C ratio and the 5 Day TRIN all trended in the "Market OverBought" direction, a dramatic reduction in the Bull/Bear ratio kept the oscillator from reaching extreme levels.

SP Bullish Percents 53.6. Moves from a 4.00 to a 3.50

Nas stocks over 50ma at 1066. Moves from a 2.00 to a 1.50

P/C of .65. Moves from 6.00 to 3.00

21 P/C of .81. Stays at 3.00

BullBear of +8 from +20. Moves from 2.50 to 6.00

60 Min Tick 20 MA of 514. Stays at 1.00

VIX stays at 1.00

5TRIN of .89. Froma 2.00 to a 1.50

20TRIN of 1.14. Stays at 3.00

I'm expecting a pullback of 2-3 days, followed by an up attempt.

From my M2M post last Friday.

An extremely accurate proprietary indicator I follow which has nailed every bear rally top during this bear market pegs this rally only having about 2% max upside and 3 +/- 2 trading days left to live.

Do you feel lucky bully?

I'm not trying to be like SG (bragging), just trying to help youz guyz confirm and have confidence in your own analysis. :wink2:

Good luck!

New Orders

NEW ORDERS for manufactured durable goods in March increased $3.4 billion or 2.0 percent to $173.6 billion, the Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau reported today. This followed a 1.5 percent February decrease. Excluding transportation, new orders increased 1.8 percent. Excluding defense, new orders increased 1.3 percent.

Shipments

SHIPMENTS of manufactured durable goods in March increased $1.8 billion or 1.0 percent to $172.1 billion. This followed a 2.1 percent February decrease.

Unfilled Orders

UNFILLED ORDERS for manufactured durable goods in March, following six consecutive monthly decreases, increased $1.5 billion or 0.3 percent to $477.6 billion. This followed a $0.1 billion February decrease.

Inventories

INVENTORIES of manufactured durable goods in March increased $0.1 billion to $264.9 billion, following a slight decrease in February.

Archived