Oops!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To expand a bit:

yes there is intervention, but ultimately all they have to do is spook the hedge hogs and they do most of the work. Most of the panic buying (I have no figures to back this, it's only my opinnion) are them covering.

Hedge hogs are shooting themselves in the foot by Gamma trading. Shorting stocks or buying puts then hedging with common stocks. By definition unless there is a huge gap down they are required to buy common against the short. When they do so they put a bid in the market. The momo boys see the bid and jump in. Then the hedgies have to delta hedge some more to keep the Deltas in check.

And the infinite circle jerk of dynamic hedging continues.

Rog:

You nailed it.

This whole thing smells of one giant derivative meltup.

No different than the last day of the MTV Spring Break, when any guys who hadn't gotten laid start grabbing anything and everything in order to avoid going home empty handed.

Just look at the spectacular squeezes out there today.

Oyster:

Does this still qualify as a throwover top?

Realist    (from AM Posts, I couldn't figure out how to bridge the Forums with a Quote ... )

I think Oyster's DOW vs. SPX chart has great correlation as it perfectly shows how the herd mentality works during topping stages. I plan to deploy the extra 30% short when the triangle finally break down. Still 70% in TPX/VNX from lower levels but not quite ready to bail just yet.

{Maybe that'll work}.

Anyway ...

I'm continuing to Leg in to Positions using the TPX and VNX. For the $$ I've allocated to this Line of Play, I'm about 55% of the allocated $$. The Plan is to continue to gradually increase from the 55% to about 90% of the allocated $$ to the levels of S&P 950-60 and NDX 1170-80 or so. Of course I do not know whether these levels will be achieved or not but that is the current plan.

When I'd started down this path a couple weeks ago, I originally had targeted topping levels of S&P 925-30 and NDX 1130-40 or so and had thought I'd be at the 90% of allocated $$ there. Recent Market Action has caused the revision to the Plan. As the indices go towards these levels, I will continue to add to these Positions. If these indices exceed the current targets, I'll have to think about that last 10% or exit the Positions.

I continue to believe that at some point in time (first weeks of May?) these indices will collapse and head much lower.

To expand a bit:

yes there is intervention, but ultimately all they have to do is spook the hedge hogs and they do most of the work.  Most of the panic buying (I have no figures to back this, it's only my opinnion) are them covering.

Hedge hogs are shooting themselves in the foot by Gamma trading. Shorting stocks or buying puts then hedging with common stocks. By definition unless there is a huge gap down they are required to buy common against the short. When they do so they put a bid in the market. The momo boys see the bid and jump in. Then the hedgies have to delta hedge some more to keep the Deltas in check.

And the infinite circle jerk of dynamic hedging continues.

What he said :D

That's what I meant, just didn't know how to articulate it.

Thanks, Rog :D

informal non scientific poll. Is it now unanimous that we go higher from here?

Not from me. As far as I'm concerned this thing is still hanging in the balance. Who knows what the criminal mind has planned, Eh?

Keep your powder dry. Relax, nap, listen to music. Breath.

Here's that chart Feed. :blink:

post-3-1051118526.png

Seeing possible turn in the Qs as well. Arrows point to key corssover levels on the indicators. When indicator corossed down, it means down. When it corsses up, it means up.

All is relative to the next larger cycle. A cross down on the 1 day cycle when the 3-5- and 8 day cycles are up usually means a swdp, except at the tippy tippy top. :wink2:

Click link below to see charts.

Archived