Speaking Of Dinner Parties, Al...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc: Nope -- it's a giant turd. In fact, things are setting up for a turd of a turd of a turd....

Mrs. Stool: Darling -- could you get me a glass of wine? Oh sweetie, better make that a scotch on the rocks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More Good News....From Briefing.com

12:49PM Contributing to pressure in Gaming sector are reports of first suspected SARS case in Nevada :

12:28PM Fed futures suggest no chance of rate cut : The Fed funds futures market has now completely priced out the expectation for another policy ease -- despite the half million workers laid off over the Feb/Mar and the contraction in both the Mar ISM manufacturing and non-mfg indices. The May contract is priced with an effective rate of 1.215% or just 17% probability for an ease. The low shared between the Jul-Sep contracts prices funds at 1.15% or a no-go 40% probability. The Fed meets next on May 6th... For coverage of the Bond and Currency markets, see Briefing.com's Bond Ticker.

You guys are going to love this one....

U.S. Dollars Are Sent to Iraq

To Replace Discredited Dinar

Stop-Gap Move Is Intended

For Emergency Payments

As the U.S. turns from bombing Iraq to rebuilding it, the U.S. government is airlifting dollars from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to replace -- at least temporarily -- the discredited Iraqi dinar.

As an initial step, American officials charged with the reconstruction will use small-denomination bills to make "emergency" payments to hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civil servants in an effort to quiet civic unrest and to stabilize the chaotic Iraqi economy. Using U.S. dollars will make the U.S. currency the de facto currency, at least in the interim -- a move that could prove controversial in the Arab world, but one that would give the Iraqis a currency that will retain its value despite the uncertainties about the country's reconstruction.

from WSJ.com

Included in the drop was an E-Trade account sign up with the first 10 trades for free :blink:

They are moving their 30,000 sq. foot complex in mid manhatton to somewhere probably...hmmmmm! Long ET for LTBH fwiw. :D

JUST PAID OFF MY HOUSE AND CAR IN FULL TODAY.

I hope it was the right move.

Absolutely it was the right thing to do.

Congratulations.

I would have done it sooner but my parents were really against it(which automatically makes it the right move!)but all I keep hearing is that you should keep the mortgage and have your cash for an emergency just in case.

I have plenty of extra cash"just in case"at least for now.But since work has been slow I have had to dig into some of my mattress cash.Now If I could just get a better job I will really be feeling great.

Since I don't know any other 35 year olds with no debt and a paid off home,I think it is a good thing.(yes,I'm single...that's how I did it!)

Archived