IDS World Markets Tues 27th October 09

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precious Metals Update 10/27/09 – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, October 27, 2009, in Precious Metals, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Today’s gold stock screens and data, along with cycle conditions and projections for gold and HUI index, and Chart of the Day picks for swing trades. Indispensable daily information for gold and precious metals stocks traders. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers).Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I added to my Amzn short yesterday at $124. Still got aapl and Cat shorts so hopefully make some money on them today.

Pity I got stopped out of Goog but the loss was small which is one of the reasons I exited quickly.

My gold long is hurting me now but I bought a gold put option this morning going into the numbers. (Note that little stop run on gold there for anybody who bought late yesterday with a stop at the lows).

- now gold looks like its getting pumped up.

I think it opens at around 26... :wacko:

The crazy thing is...i had about 20 of these 2 weeks ago. :angry2:

The stock may move 20% but the premium is murder around earnings right? I am told the advantage is with the seller - on average - on the run into earnings as the implied volatility is so high.

I also hear ThinkorSwim is much better than Tradestation for options trading? Any opinions?

The stock may move 20% but the premium is murder around earnings right? I am told the advantage is with the seller - on average - on the run into earnings as the implied volatility is so high.

I also hear ThinkorSwim is much better than Tradestation for options trading? Any opinions?

I use thinkorswim. It's OK. No data fees. Have not used trade station yet.

The intraday charts on thinkorswim are worse now, as the tick history has been reduced to 5 days [!!].

Far queue Ameritrade. [Ameritrade bought think or swim about 6 months ago, and is gradually porking it.]

As for options: There is NO advantage in selling options. The premium blow-out around earnings only reflects the dynamic delta hedge slippage on opening gap-and-crap.

Market makers are the devil. :ninja:

Schwab: The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index was released this morning and showed a decline in home prices of 11.3% year-over-year (y/y) in August – less than the 11.9% fall that had been expected.

I see that con-con isn't out yet? Schwab says "later this morning." Anyone know when?

As for options: There is NO advantage in selling options. The premium blow-out around earnings only reflects the dynamic delta hedge slippage on opening gap-and-crap.

Market makers are the devil. :ninja:

What do you mean? THere is a tremendous advantage is being the SELLER of options -- just ask Shorty, who sold naked BIDU calls yesterday -- pure profit for his gutsiness now.

Archived