The Seven Per Cent Solution

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope not to step on any toes here or talk out of school, I DO love  to watch you traders scalping this market all the way down. . . I'm sure you've all seen the Good Doktor's Anals tonite, vis a' vis the incipient bounce:

. . .there is no such thing as support in a bear market . . .

and

. . .there is no such thing as dover-sole in a bear market . . .

maybe there will be a bounce, mebbe not. . .

SJ, B$, TE, Plunger, MWH, for sure can suss that out, but I don't believe in bounces anymore. I don't believe in "one more push up" or "one more leg up" :P

I believe in the Crash.

I believe this is the Culling.

Well put, and Doc is right. The bear has returned, and he is very hungry - and angry.

If we manage to hang in here for the next week or so, or maybe even up until April 15, traders may be able to scalp a few small rallies from the short side. After that, it's all down hill for a while.

B4 the Bell was spectacular on the weekend

Again Thanks to all for their contributions

Ditto that. Depends and Plunger were proven right about their 'sense memory.'

Last night's comments from Doctor Wrecked Him assume new significance, in light of today's assassination of Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Lou Fintor said U.S. officials were in touch with Israeli and Palestinian authorities. "The United States urges all sides to remain calm and exercise restraint," he said.

As a thought exercise for the reader, what is missing from the U.S. statement? :huh:

For the first time, Hamas also threatened the United States, saying America's backing of Israel made the assassination possible. "All the Muslims of the world will be honored to join in on the retaliation for this crime," Hamas said in a statement.

AP news article

Stock fuc-u-tures don't like these new developments, as well they shouldn't. It's horrible news for all of us.

I'm starting to wonder if the "authorities" aren't actually looking for a major war. The whole ME mess conbined with the constant beating of the war drums, is looking like we are inviting retaliation. Something really stinks.

mh & dashley

I think its well known that all of those street running "Zealots" are bought and paifd for courtesy of the Iranian plutocratic theocracy who are scared shitless about their own roiling gang of pissed of adolescents and unemployed young adults--

The palestinians who didnt register at their local precinct captain's cashbox are for the most part very relieved at the exterminatiion of that wheelchaired genocidal freak-(he once forced the brother of an innocent palestinian suspected of,but without evidence, spying for the Israilis to BURY IS BROTHER ALIVE)-THEY WANT NO PART OF EXTREMISTS ON EITHER SIDE AND ARE GLAD TO BE RID OF THIS MONSTER

i know it sounds harsh but its true--and common sense tells us that only individuals want to commit suicide not entire communities,least of all the Palestinians

beardrech-- :ph34r: :ph34r: The market hates Bulls,Bears ethnic groups of every sort and persuasion;creeds pharmacists scientologists shorts and longs--a perfect candidate for world leadership---

for a science fictional view of the finacial world see crosscurrents.com chart of "ten days ratio of new highs to new lows---Green represents Highs and Red new lows--There is currently, for a significantly recent and lengthy period, almost NO RED :meaning almost no sellers---Combine this astonishing fact with Doks admonition that Its not the sellers so much that turn markets around because theres always a dozen reasons to sell,but,rather its the ABSENCE of buyers that leads to destruction

beardrech--- :ph34r: :cry:

Bounce or not this week, the most telling action today for me was the failure of precious metals stocks to hold early gains even as the underlying commodities worked their way higher. I think most of us have been at the very least incredulous during much of 2003 at the cyclical bullish bounce in both the POS stocks and the miners. For me,that was proof that a rising liquidity tide carries all boats. Now that some serious damage is being done in the broad market, the miners seem to trade within a range at best. Gold is little more than 3% off its January high, and silver just touched another new high today. But the XAU and HUI are off more than 10% from the January highs. If the liquidity tide is now falling, then all kinds of paper may be suspect for a time. The miners, at least for a time, may be warning us of just how dangerous market conditions are. :unsure:

Archived