Lots of nothing.....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last summer or early fall a Treasury guy said before congress that they were not giving the TARP money back. It was a disgusting scene with congress critters sort of pleading for the money back but didn't know what the law, the law they passed said about this, so they asked the Treasury flack what the law said. Anyhow another thing about the hearing as I recall was statements that there were in the neighborhood of $300 billion unspent at that time, out of the $700 billion total and I never have figured out where that money is.

Which brings us to Neil Barofsky. The IG for TARP. He says he has 75 criminal investigations ongoing. He is the least popular man in Washington right now. I believe the DOJ is going to fight him tooth and nail on every single one. The DOJ remains a sewer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/ns/ms...n_show#35187701

2 hours ago there came unemployment data from New Zealand. Expected was 6.8, in fact it came out as 7.3. The kiwi dropped like a stone.

I dunno, but gut feeling says that NFP will be a catastrophe. Dow will maybe go up tomorrow a bit and drop 300 points on friday.

2 hours ago there came unemployment data from New Zealand. Expected was 6.8, in fact it came out as 7.3. The kiwi dropped like a stone.

I dunno, but gut feeling says that NFP will be a catastrophe. Dow will maybe go up tomorrow a bit and drop 300 points on friday.

Gold took a small afterlife spill from the news. Rare to see especially on a down day with Asia open coming up.

Gold took a small afterlife spill from the news. Rare to see especially on a down day with Asia open coming up.

madness, just to clarify, i dont think this up wave is finished . we could get to 1137 or higher and then we complete this decline.

dharma

by 3/10 when mars goes direct, i think gold will bottom. mars retrograde has a very high correlation to gold weakness. and when it goes direct high correlation to upside progress. seasonals tend to support this as well. the next up wave should be the recognition phase. just my 2c

Day 2. In an uptrend Mr. Widget's 5 day oscillator would begin to wane on a Day 3 and cross back down through the 8 day oscillator, but at the same time we'd have a much stronger performance out of the 8 day. The three day (blue) would not go negative so soon in this count. I'd bee looking to see how the oscillators are positioned near the zero momentum zone in the next few days. When all roads meet near the zero momentum zone we'd either get a TurkeyNeck Trade gap down or in a trend up we' gap up and blast into the next count.

post-326-1265246353_thumb.png

Thanks, Charmin. You Mr. Widget reads have been quite interesting.

My take is that Shorty is correct. It is over. Good earnings news, driven by a one time restocking of inventory on the "the worst is over" meme, can't help the markets do more than hang on a ledge. bearish. The restocking is priced in. Everyone knows the stimulation is going to end in the next few months and there will be no growth orgasm. The states are beginning to go into the red zone on their budgets, and state and federal taxes fall through the historical floor. It is so over. We may go a bit higher on hope and fumes, or not.

I haven't done much chartwork lately so decided to pull up some and get out the pen and ruler.

Overhead supply is huge on the stock indexes.

post-2253-1265247395_thumb.png

post-2253-1265247405_thumb.png

madness, just to clarify, i dont think this up wave is finished . we could get to 1137 or higher and then we complete this decline.

dharma

by 3/10 when mars goes direct, i think gold will bottom. mars retrograde has a very high correlation to gold weakness. and when it goes direct high correlation to upside progress. seasonals tend to support this as well. the next up wave should be the recognition phase. just my 2c

We're on the same boat.

I think it gets above the 50 dma first.

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Capping a decade-long battle, private companies in Mexico have begun the first legal plantings of genetically modified corn, the Agriculture Department said Wednesday.

Environmentalists and farm groups announced they have filed an appeal with the Inter-American Human Rights Commission, arguing the government has been unwilling or unable to halt the illicit spread of GM crops in Mexico, the birthplace of corn.

They say the government shouldn't authorize legal plantings until it investigates contamination from past, illicit biotech planting.

In a written response to The Associated Press, the Agriculture Department said planting has begun on some of the two dozen experimental plots granted approval late last year. They are mostly in Sinaloa and Sonora, northern states that government studies say are likely outside corn's "birthplace" region in central Mexico.

Opponents say modified genes could spread and contaminate genetically valuable native varieties, from which modern corn was first hybridized between 6,000 and 8,000 years ago. The native genes could be needed someday to help strengthen hybrids.

This is a sign of the end time, predicted by the Mayan calendar. We are doomed!

2012.jpg

You know our corporate agricultural masters, will fork up the seed base of earth food before their finished. OH, the hugemanatee.

Maybe those hippies I met back in the 60's were right, that it will just be a new beginning in the Age of Aquarius. I wonder what we will eat in the new age? Algae, prolly. ADM will shirley come to our rescue.

bs13690-83559-albums-random-pics-pic45160-soylent-green-749218.gif

Archived