Weak-end thread June 4-6.

Birthing new dollars is easy as pie,see an asset,write a big debt obligation on it.What do you think Shrubco has in mind for the re-building of the Iraqi oil industry racket?

Now,it's on to Africa,there's lotsa oil there to grab and tie up in USD debt,ain't freedom grand?

Furthermore,once a loan defaults,all those dollars created by the loan continue to circulate.When the Fed buys back loans,that creates new dollars that will compete with the "free as a bird" dollars that no longer have to be "corralled" to service debt no' mo.

Fed don't care if the debtors pay back,who audits the Fed anyway,God?

He/she's the only higher higher-up in this whole dang pecking order.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monetization is NOT the end-all-be-all. Monetization does not help credit expand, it only validates the value of previously existing securities by changing its owner in an artificial transaction. The economy still needs new debt creation to occur at an ever expanding pace in order to replace all the money that "evaporates" every day back into the ether in the form of debt service and principal repayment.

Yes, but why must the deflation be an "implosion of the debt backed by debt system" resulting in an "extinction level event"? We have had deflation before. We have had bankruptcies before. We have had high debt levels before. We have had rising interest rates before. So what makes THIS time different? What will make THIS time so catastrophic? I mean - an "extinction level event"?

this is a great site and i know im free to "get lost" immediately if i dont like things, but the constant political/anti-bush/anti-war postings are really selfish.

BTW, to the chagrin of my children, i wear my CS t-shirt and sweat shirts and ocassionally a barrista at SBUX will comment and eventually i identify Wimpy for them.... to this day, not one the many counter people even knew who Greenspan is/was? they just kinda have a blankstare? :blink:

Pee:

Please stick around buddy...I've always valued your input.

I know this may seem difficult to believe, but I really don't have a political bent. I post a lot of stuff that has implications which are among many other things, political, but my primary concern is the Constitution of the United States of America...and Truth.

I think we are all entitled to make educated choices about investing and about life based on the Truth. Many of the articles I have come across may contain factual inaccuracies (I really don't know), but I do know that we are lied to by the powers that be on a daily basis, and I think I do a service to others by uncovering facts that contradict the disinformation...and allow you to decide where your own loyalties lie. Mine simply lie with the truth.

Who would be pro-war?

When I saw Cheney on Meet The Press prior to the war and he proclaimed unequivocally that Saddam posed a NUCLEAR THREAT to the west, I thought to my self "these guys are making increasingly wilder claims, and there is no way they are going to back away from attacking Iraq, no matter what."

If you recall the lead up to war, we were moving men and material into position for months. Whether it is this war or any other war, it occurs to me that once the troops start to prepare for battle and the commitment of resources has been made, there seems to be no way to pull back from the brink as the rhetoric continues to escalate. It's a male testosterone thing...and I hate it.

I was duped about the WMD claim and the nuclear capabilities claim...and frankly, it just pisses me off. I don't really care what "party" someone belongs to, if they lie to me, they're a liar.

I choose to move forward with my eyes wide open. Do a Google News Search for "Cheney" and see what results the first couple pages deliver to you. For an administration with masterful control of the media, something must stink pretty bad to return so many negative stories on what I presume to be a neutral news seach site.

Perhaps our entire Naval Fleet is off to sea purely for "exercises", but if a month from now we find ourselves in the midst of a new and different war, be it Iran, Syria, South Africa or elsewhere, at least you will have had some indication that something unexpected may occur.

The governmnet is lying about Mad Cow, Lying about Bird Flu, Lying about jobs growth, Lying about the actual rate of inflation and any number of other things. Why sit back and be lied to when the truth is available for those who care to seek it out? This is not about politics at all. This is about the right of your children to live in a country that values the Bill of Rights, whose leaders do not either commit or encourage Treasonous acts...a place where the truth matters.

Don't confuse Anti-Liar with politics. I am Anti-Liar.

Amen and bravo!!!!!!

FED FUDGED ACCOUNTING AFTER 9/11, SAYS BANK BIG

http://nypost.com/business/21675.htm

and to be fair, the other side:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/letters/22385.htm

Even though I don't like to be a defender of the Fed in these parts, the Fed was within its authority to give credit for uncleared checks after 9/11.

A more important point, which this article does not discuss, is the Fed's role in clearing unmatched trades after 9/11. Remember the Treasury market was totally shut down for a few days. The Fed apparently, although I don't see anyone in the media investigating this, just settled all unmatched trades itself. To straighten things out, it did come up with the unusual idea of auctions for unmatched trades later, with only limited success.

So far in the inflation/deflation debate, the Fed always manages to find another trump card to win the credit expansion game.

On a related subject - I would by no means invest in long term bonds of any country. There is a lot of synchronicity in yield changes between countries. Japan hit a new high yield for the year tonight and I doubt that up trend is going to stop soon.

PS Please stick around Pee Brain. Most here probably don't realize you live (or lived) in Californica. This gives one a different perspective on things.

PB - Don't mean to provoke you - honest. But I want to relate this: Just watched "Judgment at Nuremberg" - 4 justices from the 3rd Reich on trial for knowingly sending innocent men to prison . Widmark as the prosecutor, reads an edict from Hitler: " Suspects arrested in the middle of the night imprisoned for years in concentration camps without charges ever being made, families notified or right to counsel. " Hitler killed 6 million Jews, but also killed or imprisoned 5 million others, most of whom were political opponents or unwilling to cooperate. "Disappearing" is a common tactic of totalitarian regimes. I wonder what future court will try Justices Scalia and Thomas for colluding with the government in the very same way. All Germans live with guilt and shame for the war. Where is American shame?

Hummmm!!! Where is that Damn tinfoil hat of mine!

UNCONFIRMED reports that Australian television announced today that a large contingent of U. S. troops headed for Pine Gap.

US close to decision on joint bases

The Age, Australia - 10 hours ago

... The Pine Gap communications complex near Alice Springs is the only military facility jointly operated by Australia and the US on Australian soil.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/...6460176658.html

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/29/1033283389127.html

http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:qTl9_...+Pine+Gap&hl=en

MJK ; i AGREE WITH U, IF THE BANKING SYSTEM SHOWS ANY HARDENING OF THE ARTERIES , THE FED( GREENSPIT) STEPS UP TO THE RESCUE .

It may be instructive to list/review the 3-almost -crashes during GREENSPITS

CAREER ;

1) 9-11-01 CRASH, MARKET REBUILT BY 9-21-01

2) LTCM CRISIS, CORRECTED BY ENLISTING HELP FM WALL STREET and two

lightning swift reductions in the DISCOUNT RATE

3) 1987 CRASH, RIGHT after GREENSPINS appt as chairman. Resulted FROM A CARELESS INCREASE IN THE DISCOUNT rate . I predict that the discount rate will not be increased anytime soon, even though THE ESTABLISHMENT EXPECTS IT !

GREENSPIT IS GETTING ENOUGH SPIN FM HIS DOUBLETALK .

PB - Don't mean to provoke you - honest. But I want to relate this: Just watched "Judgment at Nuremberg" - 4 justices from the 3rd Reich on trial for knowingly sending innocent men to prison . Widmark as the prosecutor, reads an edict from Hitler: " Suspects arrested in the middle of the night imprisoned for years in concentration camps without charges ever being made, families notified or right to counsel. " Hitler killed 6 million Jews, but also killed or imprisoned 5 million others, most of whom were political opponents or unwilling to cooperate. "Disappearing" is a common tactic of totalitarian regimes. I wonder what future court will try Justices Scalia and Thomas for colluding with the government in the very same way. All Germans live with guilt and shame for the war. Where is American shame?

history will show that greensin will inflict more pain to more people on earth than hitler ever did. greensin will also kill millions by taking away their ability to pay for medical needs.

we will have the medical means to stay alive, but will not have the wealth to pay for it.

always remember that greensin knews what he is doing.

our goverment is inflicting more than shame, they are inflicting pain. Just ask the 1.6 million families that have gone bankrupted the last 12 months.

millions and millions or more families to go.

it is ASHAME that the people of the USA are letting this happen to them.

I note that the "Iron Lady" Margaret Thatcher ailing as she is will attend Rons funeral. It is both ironic and wonderful that what both the U.S. and Britain needed at the time was strong leadership and it was provided by providence. I have met the Iron Lady on a couple of occasions and a wonderful woman she is. Ron and our then Prime Minister Brian Mulroney enjoyed a special relationship I have known Mulroney for a long time and as charming and brilliant as he was/is he had the same achilles heel as Ron- both worried little about deficits. I remember a magic night at an ottawa Gala where Mulroney, Reagan and their wives closed the show with one of our Opera Diva' s in a joint rendition of "When Irish Eyes are Smiling". It was a magic moment it was hands across the Border at its best, Reagan was popular here-have a good rest "Gipper." ;) I find the fact that Bush will speak at Reagans memorial repugnant-he couldn't carry Rons bowling bag!

Hummmm!!! Where is that Damn tinfoil hat of mine!

UNCONFIRMED reports that Australian television announced today that a large contingent of U. S. troops headed for Pine Gap.

US close to decision on joint bases

The Age, Australia - 10 hours ago

... The Pine Gap communications complex near Alice Springs is the only military facility jointly operated by Australia and the US on Australian soil.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/...6460176658.html

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/29/1033283389127.html

http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:qTl9_...+Pine+Gap&hl=en

I have visited that location in Australia. It was amazing.

From what I hear. It is nothing to what we have built in Iraq.

Archived