A Lesson In Inflation

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post is primarily for regular Capitalstool.com visitors who choose not to be subscribers.

As the old year ended, along with it came the end of major ad campaigns by Fidelity and Ameritrade. The result was a 75% reduction in ad revenue, and a 25% reduction in total revenue to the site. Let's face it, websites with a bearish perspective are not real poopular these days. So adding subscribers has not been a real picnic either. I could yell from the tallest mountain that the market is going up, and most would not care, bulls would laugh and throw bullchips, and my best bear pals would be pretty annoyed. :lol:

Consequently, I have reinstalled the Support The Stool button, at the lower right of the forum. There are two major ways you can support the Stool. The best way is to subscribe to the Anals or Stooltrading. If you have any doubt about whether that would be worth it, just ask the hundreds of subscribers who particpate on this board. I know they will give you an honest answer. But whether you choose to do that or not, you can support the continued operation of your message boards by using that Support The Stool button regularly. If everybody who came to this board on a regular basis contributed just $5 per month, or if the 10% of you who can easily afford it contributed $50 per month, that would make all the difference in the world. Hopefuly the need will be only temporary.

In the meantime, I am always working on developing new value added features that will be free for everyone, that I know you will enjoy. There's a new Feature announcement coming soon.

Many tanks for your support!

Doc

Tell us more ... you're speaking of spreads to Treasurys?

Repayment assumptions changing?

People with mortgages, jobs at coolie wages, with high oil and natural gas bills, and higher real estate taxes may have a problem owning a mcmansion. That should result in higher prepayment assumptions on mortgages if foreclosures become epidemic.

Next month's jobs report: "The economy lost 306,000 jobs. Meanwhile, on the brighter side, the unemployment rate dipped unexpectedly to 5.3%."

Too absurd. Economics is fiction written by a committee.

it's all fiction by proxy.

beyond absurd.

beyond insane.

what lies beyond?

Archived