IDS World Markets Thurs 6th December 07

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no interest in semantics. I am only interested in the direction of price. That's what my analytical work is focused on. Everything else is just yerkinoff.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

630795[/snapback]

Repeat after me. Do you see the swinging dongs. Keep your eyes on them.

Doc is an expert. Doc is an expert.

Now relax, and enjoy the ride.

630801[/snapback]

Ride up or down?

Isn't the stock market relatively small compared to the bond and currency markets? 

This is why I don't understand the apparently endless obsession with propping it up at the expense of all else.  :huh:

630782[/snapback]

Last time I checked the data, market value of stock market was about the same as the bond market. I assume the traded currency markets are larger.

I understand how to trade across different timeframes to determine the trend (longer timeframe) and then the shorter timeframe to finesse the entry. These modern indicators (I am told) do make a difference since they give smoother and more reliable signals than the older dated tools like MACD and standard MA's.

I have no idea how you are measuring the cycle you are refering too. Are you using some type of keltner channel of bollinger band type of set up? How reliable are these measures?

630791[/snapback]

I haven't recent indicators to be any better than the ones I was using 25 years ago. I use various moving averages, percentage price oscillators, rate of change indicators. They all work just fine. They are as reliable as the time inputs will allow. They work far better on indexes and ETFs than they do on individual stocks, because of the built in smoothing. Individual stocks are too subject to noise and manipulation, and do not conform particularly well to this type of analysis.

I note that LeeWhee also made the same point. I also note the K Wave uses MACD of various time lengths and moving averages of various lengths. He focuses on the short term but it works as well on the longer term.

It's all in the numbers.

The Hurst book lays out the theory.

Sometimes it really is as simple as support and resistance.

The Dow blew out of its intermediate channel to run up to resistance around 13,500.... If they can break resistance at 13,500, it would be clear sailing to the next likely area of resistance around 13,700. The 6-7 week cycle projection is currently 13,650.

WSE Pro (subscribers only)

I have no interest in semantics. I am only interested in the direction of price. That's what my analytical work is focused on. Everything else is just yerkinoff.?  :lol:? :lol:? :lol:

630795[/snapback]

Repeat after me. Do you see the swinging dongs. Keep your eyes on them.

Doc is an expert. Doc is an expert.

Now relax, and enjoy the ride.

630801[/snapback]

Some people see dongs everywhere they look! I personally believe they are seeing things!

post-4700-1196974144.jpg

The Hurst book lays out the theory.

630805[/snapback]

Not enough brains here to understand how to lay a cycle out.

630812[/snapback]

There are a few programs out there that will do it for you. eSignal has an add on. Brian Millard also has a proprietary program.

http://qudospubs.co.uk/

Archived