B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

Hi all...work at a major bank and brokerage firm as a senior manager. I post occasionally under another name, but infrequently as my name would be easily recognizable at work. Lurk all the time and occasionally at work but guess what? Websense at work yesterday cut off access to CapitalStool. Don't know what or who changed things, but this site is suddenly 'persona non grata.' Unfortunately, I'm not privy to any of the websense information, but thought is was interesting, none the less.

As far as the brokerage business goes, it sucks. The sheeple have retreated into their money markets and they are not coming out for awhile. Most of the firm's income has come from non-trading revenue in the last year. The small investor has been pitched overboard and been told to go to ScottTrade or Ameritrade. If you don't have at least $250K we don't want you. Rumours abound of major layoffs (duh) and the piecemeal sell of assets (duh again) and yet, it's like the Stepford brokers. No discussion allowed about the market biting the dust, or the eroding environment. No one dares discusses politics or for that matter anything further than sports. Scary...

Great stuff here. Thanks everyone for creating a great community.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Doc,

I got another one!

Name: Dr Kish Dangote.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 234 803 3392302

Attn: Wilson.

I am Dr Kish Dangote, the personal accounting officer to

Williams Wilson, a

national of your country, who used to work with oil

company in Nigeria. Here in

after shall be referred to as my client. On the 21st of

April 2000, my client,

his wife And their three children were involved in a car

accident along sagbama

express road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately

lost there lives.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy

to locate any of my

clients extended relatives this has also proved

unsuccessful. After these

several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his

surname over the Internet,

to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you

to assist in repartrating the money and property left

behind by my client before

they get confisicated or declared unserviceable by the

bank where this huge

deposits were lodged.

Particularly, the Union bank plc where the deceased had an

account valued at

about 22.5million dollars has issued me a notice as his

accounting officer to

provide the next of kin or have the account confisicated

within the next ten

official working days. since i have been unsuccesfull in

locating the relatives

for over 2 years now i seek your consent to present you as

the next of kin of

the deceased since you have the same surname so that the

proceeds of this

account valued at 22.5million dollars can be paid to you

and then you and me can

share the money. 60% for you while 40% for me.

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to

back up any claim we

may make. All I require is your honest cooperation to

enable us see this deal

through.Your tell/fax number is needed for easy

communication. I guarantee that

this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that

will protect you from

any breach of the law. Thanks and God Bless.

Best Regards,

Dr Kish Dangote.

Sled

The orthography of this unguided missal reveals to me ,at last ,where the lost trible of Anglo-Saxonia arrived--

How much do you think this would be worth if you could transcribe it on to parchment????

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: I love old things--I even have a Johnny weissmueller movie film on parchment

If we crack on Monday, we crack on Monday. At worst, I could see 1070-1060. I should have time to reenter my trades. If not, I am still playing by the rules that have kept me here throught this madness. I see a bounce. No crash has ever occurred outside a 30 day window of the spring or autumn solstice. Maybe different this time but I doubt it.

Hi all...work at a major bank and brokerage firm as a senior manager. I post occasionally under another name, but infrequently as my name would be easily recognizable at work. Lurk all the time and occasionally at work but guess what? Websense at work yesterday cut off access to CapitalStool. Don't know what or who changed things, but this site is suddenly 'persona non grata.' Unfortunately, I'm not privy to any of the websense information, but thought is was interesting, none the less.

As far as the brokerage business goes, it sucks. The sheeple have retreated into their money markets and they are not coming out for awhile. Most of the firm's income has come from non-trading revenue in the last year. The small investor has been pitched overboard and been told to go to ScottTrade or Ameritrade. If you don't have at least $250K we don't want you. Rumours abound of major layoffs (duh) and the piecemeal sell of assets (duh again) and yet, it's like the Stepford brokers. No discussion allowed about the market biting the dust, or the eroding environment. No one dares discusses politics or for that matter anything further than sports. Scary...

That is becuase the average broker doesn't know this is a traders market yet. Also, they don't educate their clients enough about shorting. A surprise really, becuase you need a margin account to trade short and a margin account means more income for the firm (not the broker) You knew that though.

However, A big drop could come from the repub's painting a bad picture during the dem's convention. I am aware of that thought.

Since the Repubs are in charge how would a nasty decline benefit them during the convention? BTW thanks for the tape and if you would like it forwarded please let me know. Fascinating stuff. Showed it to a couple of Agent Smith types and they just didn't buy it. The beat just goes on I guess.

Look what happened as soon as Kerrey appointed Edwards. The market fell. They might (the repub's) just think that the sheeple are paying attention to the market and knock it down for association reasons.

By the way the market over history has done better under a dem prez rather than a dumb prez. :lol:

Regarding the tape, No need to forward it. Do what you will. I for one see it as thinking out of the box and could well be correct. IMHO, most can't think that way. That is one reason they are called sheeple.

All of this administration BULLSHIT about american workers not being skilled enough for the jobs available really pisses me off. It's a total lie. Blame the citizenship for the failures of the Fed. It's so criminal.

Talk to the MBAs, Engineers, Computer Programmers, E-Marketing experts etc. about that. Some of the best and brightest people in America are no longer able to work at the jobs that they ALREADY TRAINED FOR AND EXCEL AT LIKE NO OTHER PEOPLE ON EARTH.

The bubble that Greenspan allowed to blow up out of all proportion led to an absence of qualified workers to fill the white collar jobs that were created by the deluge of Venture Capital that flooded the market. As a direct result of that, many people found themselves fully employable for very high wages. Some of these people were already highly skilled, but many had their skill sets improved immensely through on the job training in the heat of the mania.

If I needed to launch the hottest new DotCom venture in the world today, I could find the most highly skilled people in America right here in Fort Lauderdale who are presently unemployed.

Blaming the victims for the sins of the leaders is as low as it could possibly get. This issue of a (purportedly) underskilled U.S. workforce - insufficient to handle tasks of the (purported) millions of high-skill jobs available in the United States is a total lie. These high skill / high pay jobs do not exist. They are gone because the trend has reversed, and the bubble that Greenspan enabled is still deflating.

I'm certain that there is a special place in hell reserved for these assholes that blame the American worker for the policies and the greed and the corruption that have resulted in the mess we have today.

Architects, Electricians, Plumbers, Engineers, Brick Layers...all will face the unemployment lines in the near future when the housing boom busts. Even CUSTOMER SERVICE, which used to be a hallmark of American Corporations has been diminished to a level lower than pond scum. Ask Americans what irks them the most and they will tell you it is the inability to get a live human on the phone when things go wrong. Now if you can get a live human, it is a live human in India earning 1/3 less than the American who likely was forced to train them on their way out the door.

So how do you explain to that 55 year old widow who won all of those customer service excellence awards over the last 30 years of service that her phone skills are of insignificant value today? She was the cornerstone of your company, and now she's worthless, because Greenspan, Snow and Bush say so. Assholes!

Exactly what skill sets do you recommend for this future economy of yours Mr. Greenspan? Mr. Snow? Mr. Bush? Be specific.

Wake up people. It's all a lie.

Plunger

I'm sorry to say this, but this document is as close to a pre-revolutionary warning as I've read---

I'm too old to complement you on its vision or sagacity because it would be like me sitting in a frying pan and saying what a wonderful fire this is:How warm how bright how you are so blithe and debonaire--

You get the point---shed a tear for our way of life

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry:BD Why are you so sad? So tearful--

--------The g***damned banks just foreclosed on my future Gravesite

As far as the brokerage business goes, it sucks. The sheeple have retreated into their money markets and they are not coming out for awhile. Most of the firm's income has come from non-trading revenue in the last year. The small investor has been pitched overboard and been told to go to ScottTrade or Ameritrade. If you don't have at least $250K we don't want you. Rumours abound of major layoffs (duh) and the piecemeal sell of assets (duh again) and yet, it's like the Stepford brokers. No discussion allowed about the market biting the dust, or the eroding environment. No one dares discusses politics or for that matter anything further than sports.  Scary...

That is becuase the average broker doesn't know this is a traders market yet. Also, they don't educate their clients enough about shorting. A surprise really, becuase you need a margin account to trade short and a margin account means more income for the firm (not the broker) You knew that though.

Yep...margin accounts, and the revenue they produce are way off. Was listening to a phone call today where the customer got hit for a $45K margin call. Ouch.

Archived