13k Party hats in hand,15k hats already being fitted....

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The futures are also closed. I think they close when Europe closes. They don't trade when US markets are closed for a holiday.

Right, forgot Monday was a holiday for some reason. Just realized today was Sunday when it was around 5.

NQ and ES futures will close at 11:30 Eastern Time Monday morning.

It is common for some futures (NQ, ES, CL included) to trade on holidays but on a modified schedule.

Futures open as normal and trade until 11:30am tomorrow. They'll reopen 6:30pm tomorrow.

Stock futures are closed during regular NY trading 9:30 AM ET to 4 PM ET. Others vary, but I assume most people here are concerned with stock futures.

Stock futures are closed during regular NY trading 9:30 AM ET to 4 PM ET. Others vary, but I assume most people here are concerned with stock futures.

Stock futures or stock index futures?

Stock index futures (ES NQ) end the holiday trading at 11:30 Eastern Time. This per one of my broker's website and the CME.

CME/CBOT Indices (YM, DJ, SP, ND, NK, MD, ES, NQ, EMD) Normal opening Sunday Closes at 11:30 AM Monday (Orders placed for this session will be for trade date Tuesday Feb 21st and will expire on Tuesday Feb 21st at the normal closing time.

cme holiday schedule

TRADING PLACES - A TALE OF BONDS.

AND THE SMART MONEY PLAY OF 2012 IS.....

Sub Prime...long

And so the New York Fed unwinds the Maiden to supply the sub-prime to the smart money loading up

Because sub prime are the new treasuries (with nice asset backing)

And treasuries are the new sub prime (with no asset backing what so-ever - only the full faith and credit promise)

The value of that promise is falling.

Sub prime and treasuries are "traded places"

The market will one day recognize this fact.

But it will take its time to do so.

The market only recognizes reality slowly and grudgingly.

Those who recognize reality more quickly than the market - the smart money - clean up!

And as the servicers will get the foreclosure mills running at full steam again that provides only upside.

I was going by this- http://www.cmegroup....sidents-day.pdf Says closed from 10:30 CT to 5: CT which is when the NYSE is normally open 9:30-4 ET.

Interesting. It is 10:40 Eastern time and the NQ and ES are still trading. Not like it means anything, as it is probably just a couple of bots jousting.

But 10:30 CT is 11:30 Eastern time. The NYSE open sounds logical, but you got the CT and ET backwards, as CT is behind ET.

Archived