The MIT TA Symposium March 6, 2003

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The COMPX needs to break below 1292, or it's just a trading range between 1292 and 1353:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$compq,uu[l,a]dacaynay[d20030201][pa!a1353!a1292!f].gif

Regards,

Vesselin

Bontchev, Interesting number compx 1292... I calculated this morning's opening gap.

1292 was todays gap low. This projects the *possible* low of today. I am not so sure it will get there because the first 2 hours is showing fairly good strength.

The range for today may already be in... So, will be watching for today's range breakouts near 1312-----1300

I want to mention why I said the compx was showing some strength this morning.....

This is based on a rough calculation and some Chuck LeBleau work...

Split the first 5 min candle of the day exactly in two ( the middle). Project that line out 1 1/2 to 2 hours... usually when momentum drys up. If the price in mostly above that centerline then todays trend is showing some strength... and below it is just sucking wind....

This often tilts the day... However, it does not work when important events are scheduled..... or when someone throws a hand grenade at something. or bombs, etc.

If you want, go back and look at some 5 min. naz charts...

I want to mention why I said the compx was showing some strength this morning.....

This is based on a rough calculation and some Chuck LeBleau work...

Split the first 5 min candle of the day exactly in two ( the middle). Project that line out 1 1/2 to 2 hours... usually when momentum drys up. If the price in mostly above that centerline then todays trend is showing some strength... and below it is just sucking wind....

This often tilts the day... However, it does not work when important events are scheduled..... or when someone throws a hand grenade  at something. or bombs, etc.

If you want, go back and look at some 5 min. naz charts...

Sniff...

Interesting on the usage of 5 minute time frame. I have heard and seen 15 minute and 60 minutes time frames used for same purpose. Depends on where u get your "recommendations".

I recently came back from a Tradestation class and "they" (one teacher was a former floor trader is my understanding) utilize the first 15 minute bar to set support and resitance levels for the remainder of trading day. Below u will find a chart of the SPX with todays support and resistance levels plotted based on the opening 15 minute bar. The red line is the "zero line".

post-3-1046970848.gif

Rich,

Sorry for the delay on answering...trying to day-trade just a bit :)

The pivot was a "non-event". The breath is negative right now as I measure it with the TRIN_5 crossover system, but today and possible early tomorrow we are in a big time window for accelerating in either direction ( everything depends which way it will break, out of this timeframe).

I'll spend the rest of the day looking for potential candidates to establish swing positions for a couple of days move.

Did I mention that the compx center gap was calculated at 1301... which is also a fib line on PC quotes 5 day duration chart. If this gets taken out with some force then1292 might be next stop.

Seems like these are also ambush and fake area's for the sneeky mm's..... always fun to watch...

Archived