B4 The Belll Frieday October 29

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trannies might be done with the move to 3498 earlier, or they may give it one last gasp to get over the round number...butt, they look about as tired as any setup I've seen..ready to rollover at any moment..

What vehicle do you use to trade the Trannies, K-wave?

There's options on the DTX..But I rarely trade index options..due to spread issues..I'm gonna attack with Dow futures this go round..I think they're all gonna turn here, with the dow being the weakest of the futures..

This is the longest that I can recall that the dow has underperformed the spx or vice versa. Usually these relationships revert to the mean. If so I would expect the spx to severly Underperform the dow. In fact we may have seen the low for the year in the dow. Not so sure about the spx.

These scumbags have sunk to new lows "0:21AM The 'New' Release of PMI : The attempt at releasing the number to only subscribers with a 3 minute lead time ahead of a general release backfired. There was a rumor of the 68.5 print a good 5 minutes or so before release but was quickly disregarded. In fact it appears that the bobble happened when the PMI sent out a test message with the number by accident earlier today."

Weekly Leading Index Falls

10/29/2004

NEW YORK, Oct 29 (Reuters) - A leading index of the U.S. economy fell in the latest week, due to lower mortgage applications and a rise in people filing for initial jobless claims, a report showed on Friday.

The Economic Cycle Research Institute, an independent forecasting group, said its weekly leading index (WLI) fell to 130.6 in the week ended Oct. 22 compared with 131.6 in the previous week. ECRI noted the fall in the index was offset slightly by lower bond yields,

The index's annualized growth rate, which smooths out weekly fluctuations, fell to an 84-week low of -1.4 percent from -1.0 in the prior week.

"The WLI is saying 'don't worry, but don't be happy' by showing little risk of growth falling off a cliff, but no sign of a strong reacceleration in growth either." said Lakshman Achuthan, Managing Director of ECRI.

"It's notable that today's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) report, where weakness caught the market off-guard, is consistent with earlier declines in the WLI," Achuthan added.

http://www.businesscycle.com/showstory.php?storyID=736

This organization's data does not square with the PMI either.

GF: A few. Wall street is slime, and to get ahead one must be a good liar. I don;t know, do you blame folks for trying to get ahead? Lets face it , life would be a lot easier if one was a good liar and one had no morals. No to mention a hell of lot more profitable. Who knows? I surely do not have the answers

GF: A few. Wall street is slime, and to get ahead one must be a good liar. I don;t know, do you blame folks for trying to get ahead? Lets face it , life would be a lot easier if one was a good liar and one had no morals. No to mention a hell of lot more profitable. Who knows? I surely do not have the answers

Sounds like the law biz, Soup. Honesty's a liability right until it saves your nuts- so far, it's been well worth the cost, always assuming there's a choice, which I don't believe there is.

Sure would like to see QQQ 36.50 broken...

Archived