B4 The Bell, Thursday May 20

Uncle Buck just took a massive dump in his bedpan -- Nurse Ratchet is nowhere to be found. That last whipsaw turned out to be a blessing, for my trade anyway. I think I know where Nurse Ratchet can be found. I suspect she is at Gropex, handing out lines of coke to the spoos traders for "medication time."

Most recent quotes I can access, 5:00 a.m., are:

Spoos +5.50

Nazcrap +11.00

Zen, that's a good 50% more boner from the charts you posted. Of course, your charts are through 1:00 a.m., my quotes are 5:00 a.m., and exactly half way in between these times is _______?? (fill in the blank) :grin:

Given the perfectly correlated HedgeHog ecomony, with Uncle Buck's loss of bowel function over the last 15 or so minutes, I bet the spoos are even more ridiculous now.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FBI warns of bombers in America

By Herald wire services

Friday, May 21, 2004

The FBI has issued a fresh alert to law enforcement agencies to watch for possible suicide bomb attacks inside the United States.

An intelligence bulletin circulated yesterday to 18,000 law enforcement bodies urges them to look for obvious signs of trouble,Time.com reported last night on its Web site. Among them: people wearing heavy, bulky jackets on warm days, smelling of chemicals, or trailing wires from their jackets. A more subtle indicator: tightly clenched fists, which could conceal a detonator rigged to go off when a button is released.

``If you shoot him, you're still not safe because his hands relax and the bomb explodes,'' a counterterrorism official told Time.com.

The bulletin said suicide bombers may disguise themselves in stolen military, police or firefighters' garb, or even as pregnant women, the Web site reported.

http://news.bostonherald.com/national/view...articleid=28743

Uncle Buck just took a massive dump in his bedpan -- Nurse Ratchet is nowhere to be found. That last whipsaw turned out to be a blessing, for my trade anyway. I think I know where Nurse Ratchet can be found. I suspect she is at Gropex, handing out lines of coke to the spoos traders for "medication time."

Most recent quotes I can access, 5:00 a.m., are:

Spoos +5.50

Nazcrap +11.00

Zen, that's a good 50% more boner from the charts you posted. Of course, your charts are through 1:00 a.m., my quotes are 5:00 a.m., and exactly half way in between these times is _______?? (fill in the blank) :grin:

Given the perfectly correlated HedgeHog ecomony, with Uncle Buck's loss of bowel function over the last 15 or so minutes, I bet the spoos are even more ridiculous now.

Good Trading, NRS!!!

By Herald wire services

Friday, May 21, 2004

The FBI has issued a fresh alert to law enforcement agencies to watch for possible suicide bomb attacks inside the United States.

An intelligence bulletin circulated yesterday to 18,000 law enforcement bodies urges them to look for obvious signs of trouble,Time.com reported last night on its Web site. Among them: people wearing heavy, bulky jackets on warm days, smelling of chemicals, or trailing wires from their jackets. A more subtle indicator: tightly clenched fists, which could conceal a detonator rigged to go off when a button is released.

``If you shoot him, you're still not safe because his hands relax and the bomb explodes,'' a counterterrorism official told Time.com.

The bulletin said suicide bombers may disguise themselves in stolen military, police or firefighters' garb, or even as pregnant women, the Web site reported.

What next? Are the "terr ists" going to contaminate our precious bodily fluids? What does the FBI suggest? That we all learn when and how to duck and cover?

Articles like that, if the message gets bullhorned enough, gets my paranoid mind suspecting that the Matrix will concoct a few nasty acts of its own, here in 'Merkuh, simply to blame the "terr ists" and garner more support for the newly established totalitarian police state empire that has replaced the former republic.

By Herald wire services

Friday, May 21, 2004

What next? Are the "terr ists" going to contaminate our precious bodily fluids? What does the FBI suggest? That we all learn when and how to duck and cover?

Articles like that, if the message gets bullhorned enough, gets my paranoid mind suspecting that the Matrix will concoct a few nasty acts of its own, here in 'Merkuh, simply to blame the "terr ists" and garner more support for the newly established totalitarian police state empire that has replaced the former republic.

A warning to the American people: Washington weighs terror?s impact on presidential vote

By Joseph Kay

May 5, 2004, 13:22

An article in the ?Week in Review? section of Sunday?s New York Times by regular correspondent David Sanger constitutes a serious warning to the American people. Entitled ?Calculating the Politics of Catastrophe,? the piece describes ?obsessive? talk within political and national security circles about the possible electoral consequences of another terror attack in the United States.

While Sanger presents the issue purely as one of deep concern in the Bush and Kerry campaigns about the possibility of a ?nightmarish, unpredictable event? that could shift the election one way or another, a much more serious question lies behind the discussion. Coming in the wake of further evidence of the deliberate stand-down of US defenses prior to the September 11, 2001, attacks, it must be asked: Will the Bush administration allow or facilitate another massive terror attack to help secure an electoral victory in 2004?

Sanger notes that in recent weeks the Bush administration has begun to talk in public about the possibility of such an attack, ?perhaps to brace the country for the worst, perhaps to begin the political inoculation if domestic defenses fail.?

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_7248.shtml

By Chris Stetkiewicz

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve should be able to push short-term interest rates up at a gradual pace unless economic events catch it by surprise, a top official at the central bank said on Thursday.

"Economic developments over the next year are reasonably likely to be consistent with a gradual adjustment of policy," Federal Reserve Board Governor Ben Bernanke told a luncheon sponsored by the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank and the University of Washington.

"As we look ahead, core inflation appears likely to remain in the zone of price stability during the remainder of 2004 and into 2005," he added.

Bernanke's comforting comments on inflation, which helped boost prices for U.S. Treasury bonds, were echoed by Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Robert McTeer.

McTeer, who is not among the voters this year on the Fed's policy-setting panel, told the Houston World Affairs Council he was not "overly concerned" on inflation, although a recent pickup in price increases had gotten his notice.

Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan also spoke on Thursday as he accepted an award in Philadelphia, but he did not touch on the outlook for the U.S. economy or interests rates.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5211243

'Doonesbury' to List Names of Iraq Dead

Thu May 20, 8:03 PM ET

By ELIZABETH McKINLEY, Associated Press Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The names of more than 700 American service members killed in Iraq (news - web sites) will appear in a "Doonesbury" comic strip during the Memorial Day weekend.

The comic will list chronologically the names of 702 soldiers killed through April 23, said Lee Salem, editor of the Kansas City-based Universal Press Syndicate, which distributes the strip.

The names were set in 6-point type to fit in the six panels for publication on Sunday, May 30. The Sunday version is prepared weeks in advance.

"The intent is to recognize those who died," Salem said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...ar_doonesbury_1

After such a bonerific start to my last trade, it deflates (like everything is going to pretty soon) and slowly softens down, until I just got a sell crossover, at only a modest gain - as it turns out in the end, barely enough to compensate the preceding whipsaw loss. Now short, with both exit and new entry sells at 1.7908.

post-20-1085136607_thumb.jpg

Archived