B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 15

GREENSPAN: FED BELIEVES INFLATION IS NOT A PROBLEM

Then, we were served up the Tsunami:

Greenspan: U.S. ECONOMIC RECOVERY NOT SHORT-LIVED

Followed by this Gem:

Greenspan: REPEATS THAT FED MAY HAVE TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE

My take on this outpouring of missives is simply this:

Chairman Greenspan is deeply concerned about all of the above. And for all of the dismal warnings above... once again, Gold was capped for an under $6 gain.

The Carry Trade has barely begun to unwind and those very large players are growing increasingly concerned about escape. This is precisely why we are seeing the rampant and uncontrolled expansion of OTC Derivatives. No door is too wide and there is clearly not enough room for escape. This has truly become and all or nothing game.

Gold, in light of the above, is underperforming.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-1644.htm

Plunger,

It is possible that the carry trade(borrowing short, lending long)) has been mostly eradicated by now. Noone knows for sure.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then why didn't the market breakdown? I can include that portion with a line leading to the word intervention/PPT... I remember the period well...Global markets were sold off the support the US...

Whatever the reason, the Nasdaq did in fact make a lower low.

I mention it because I think the lower low makes a big difference. A continuation of a pattern of lower lows and lower highs in a narrowing range would be a descending wedge, which according to classical TA is a bullish chart pattern.

Hello Hyper,

Love your charts, but just one question....How are you measuring debt inflationary potential?  That potential seems to be the crux of the entire chart, that is the inflation of debt needs to continue in order to maintain debt-fractional-banking??

/not a financial wizard like many here...

Economagic has a filter called % change from same period last year that is the source of the debt inflationary growth line on the charts...very small amounts of debt deflation cause massive damage to a debt backed by debt system...the longer the system operates the more dependant it becomes on debt inflation and the weaker it gets...

The debt backed by debt system has a maximum potential...

The Fed is powerful but once you remove the myth there is not much left...

Now in a debt backed by debt system once maximum potential debt inflation is reached then debt inflation slows...Thats what a recession is...see chart below

The monetary authorities engineer the required amount of debt inflation to overpower the underlying debt deflationary pothential...The required amount?

Not too much or maximum potential will be reached too quick and lead to a premature arrival of a hyperdeflationary implosion of the money supply which is composed of debt and not too little or a hyperdeflationary implosion of the money supply will which is composed of debt will start...

Now in a debt backed by debt system once maximum potential debt inflation is reached then debt inflation slows...Thats what a recession is...Once the consumers have requested all the debt they can and can't or won't request anymore...the absolute maximum potential lifespan of the system is reached and the hyperdeflationary implosion that follows is unstoppable...That is what we are currently facing...

My other chart shows that the infinite debt inflation point, which is where consumers must request infinite amounts of debt creation to prevent implosion will be reached by late 2004 early 2005...

post-1-1082882987.gif

The current minimum window for the ugly effects of the current slowing of debt inflationary growth is 15-45 days...That is when my original prediction of 16 to 24 months is officially up...July

The maximum window is late 2004-early 2005 since I don't know all the tricks they can play and the buzz in central banker land is that they want to make it past US elections before the cave in...

Realisticly The FED has no more power now to postpone/prevent the inevitable systemic implosion of the system then it did in 1929...

post-20-1087353874.gif

Followed by this Gem:

Chairman Greenspan is deeply concerned about all of the above. And for all of the dismal warnings above... once again, Gold was capped for an under $6 gain.

The Carry Trade has barely begun to unwind and those very large players are growing increasingly concerned about escape. This is precisely why we are seeing the rampant and uncontrolled expansion of OTC Derivatives. No door is too wide and there is clearly not enough room for escape. This has truly become and all or nothing game.

GREENSPAN: NOT WORRIED ABOUT U.S. HOUSING MARKET BUBBLE

GREENSPAN: SAYS SURPRISED IF HOME PRICES RISE FURTHER

GREENSPAN: SAYS BOOM IN HOME SALES UNLIKELY TO CONTINUE

Y'know my Pal TE- knows this sucker can go either way and a very few others do-I might add that tomorrow will tell us-every body Bulls and bears are expecting a rally -what does that tell you-Huh??? I am short and if stopped have 30 points locked but you what-I am still thinkin DOWN. ;)

Then why didn't the market breakdown? I can include that portion with a line leading to the word intervention/PPT... I remember the period well...Global markets were sold off the support the US...

Whatever the reason, the Nasdaq did in fact make a lower low.

I mention it because I think the lower low makes a big difference. A continuation of a pattern of lower lows and lower highs in a narrowing range would be a descending wedge, which according to classical TA is a bullish chart pattern.

We will soon know when we hit bottom on this current move...If the world was not sold off to engineer the current pattern the markets would have caved in....Like all the previous times...That's why there is a PPT...what do you think they are doing? engineering bearish patterns?

They won't be able to hold out forever...especially in an environment where debt inflationary growth is slowing...

Followed by this Gem:

Plunger,

It is possible that the carry trade(borrowing short, lending long)) has been mostly eradicated by now. Noone knows for sure.

End:

I have no idea what's actually going on. Given the massive leverage and the size of the bets, the need to catch up...and the magnitude of the Whipsaws...it seems as though there must already be some corpses piling up somewhere, and we just haven't heard the news yet.

All signs seem to point to the fact that Fannie and Freddie are already a lost cause...that nobody can do anything about. Hell, they don't even know how to balance their own books within $1 billion.

Guest Icky Twerp
LLD: Been this was at least since '95 when booby rubin took over. Strengthen the dollar , obliterate all competitors and make damn sure the stock mkt goes up. Opium for the masses.

It took me the longest time to understand what *exactly* those bad old clintonites had done. . . I really doubt whether most clinton haters could explain it, since their objections are personal and ideological, rather than fiduciary. I might add that reading Woodward's MAESTRO did not help.

I continue to struggle toward objectivity in this way, which is difficult with the current administration, gratifying my every prejudice and low-expectation.

I don't see anydifference between Kerry and Bush, now, viewed thru the filter of what concerns us here most.

I almost see what B$ is doing, now, but I think one would have to trade like B$, and lose some money to come to full comprehension -- still I enjoy watching, and his bogart like musings seem oracular, do they not?

Please excuse me, tho', I still think Reagan was an addle-pated amnesiac.

The debt backed by debt system is where you borrow from tomorrow to create today...or sustain the mass delusion.

It is up to you guys to figure out whats going to happen tomorrow...

I'll keep you filled in on my ideas of when and what happens when the supply of tomorrows runs out...and try also to explain the why's and how's as I comprehend them after 17 years of brain rotting study.

And the answer to the question of who is responsible? Ultimately us...the people. every living human being is...

And there is no such thing as not getting what you deserve...everyone gets exactally what they deserve reguardless if they think so or not or if seems fair or not...

We are fast approaching the point where you will be forced to accept this truth because it will be blindingly self evident...

A grassroots flowering

The Austin Motel is a refurbished, New Deal-era business on South Congress Avenue near my home. It has an old brightly-lit marquee out front that proudly boasts the credo of the current owners: "No additives, No preservatives, Corporate-free since 1938."

Wouldn't that make a fine slogan for a new democratic media for America?

Oh, you say, Hightower, don't toy with us. It would take billions and billions of dollars to build a broad-based media network outside the established TV, radio, and newspaper conglomerates, so that's just a pipe dream. Well, yes, it would take those impossible billions if we set out merely to duplicate the media Goliaths. But what if we wanted to develop a David - a sprightly, nimble network of media outlets that are not capital-intensive and not burdened with either multimillion-dollar salaries or voracious conglomerate bureaucracies?

I have good news for you: This is already happening! Thousands of hardy, grassroots people have been working steadily and creatively over the years in every area of media, and the result of their combined efforts is that a new media force is now flowering coast to coast - a force of hundreds of media outlets that is unabashedly progressive, fiercely independent, diverse, dispersed, and democratic. Some of these outlets are nationally known, others only locally known; some are brand new, others have been plugging away for decades. But the significant thing is that, collectively, they are a force to be reckoned with, celebrated, strategically deployed and deliberately expanded.

The web

A democratic tool that Jefferson, Madison, and the other Bill of Righters could not have imagined, but would gleefully embrace today, is the world wide web. This computerized architecture of interconnected hubs and spokes allows us to link our thoughts and actions instantly in virtual space and produce tangible political results that would have taken months before.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0615-14.htm

William S Paley regreted taking CBS public. Philadelphian Paley was a pioneer

in both radio and television.

Interestingly, the president of RCA owned NBC and Payley server on Eisenhowers

staff as Chief of Propaganda and Chief ot Staff(Propaganda), respectively.

Source: WS Paley biography.

Archived