Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

Rumor: SEC will halt trading in all bank stocks for an indeterminate period of time starting next week.

Bush: This rumor is unfounded and the US will be open for business tomorrow and we will work through the current economic issues.

Trader Joe: Blow me!!!!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can private citizens own rifles in Belgium? :unsure:

699456[/snapback]

I think you have to belong to a club and get training and get a police permit you have to pay for etc .

Or you have to buy a hunting license and renew it yearly and get a police permit etc

I had a compulsory year army training with FAL assault rifles and Vigneron mitrailettes but these days owning anything larger then a steaknife is a pain

Of course gangsters do not have that problem TV shows lots and losts of heavy guns found in one apartment a few times per year

Aussie Buck MONSTER gap up...? :D? :D? :lol:

699469[/snapback]

I can't imagine why anyone would hold any trades over the weekend in this atmosphere.

If U ever retire from being a trader, KW, you should teach Spaghetti classes-- maybe later when the volatility calms down. Right now, there are only 3 or 4 people-- maybe you and Suds and Madness and Fx Fox-- who are quick enough to trade using millisecond charts like U have to. Congrats on your great work on Friday, and thanks for posting the fascinating spaghetti charts.

I can't imagine why anyone would hold any trades over the weekend in this atmosphere.

If U ever retire from being a trader, KW, you should teach Spaghetti classes-- maybe later when the volatility calms down.  Right now, there are only 2 or 3 people-- maybe you and Suds and Madness-- who are quick enough to trade using millisecond charts like U have to.  Congrats on your great work on Friday, and thanks for posting the fascinating spaghetti charts.

699471[/snapback]

Aussie Trade was just plain gut instinct...technicals were mostly out the window on that one, although we did have some very short term divergences on the last low on Friday.

Just way way way overdone to the downside short term...and I figured it would bounce with the market.

here's a chart for those who don't follow it....insane armageddon selloff...

He who has the guns and lead gets the gold. :lol:

699455[/snapback]

i'm not the apocalyptic type (if it comes, all i'll have are my family, wits, and nunchux), but it seems that in a social meltdown, ALL asset classes will go to those with guns--food, water, shelter, energy, not-so-precious-metals, radioactive fallout treatment kits, vehicles, additional guns, etc.

i hope my family never sees such times, and i doubt we will, but if it comes, methinks that any twitchy debate over gold versus paper will be held over your encampment's cooking fire, not on any online forum. :ph34r:

The Australian Gubmint is backstopping ALL bank deposits for 3 years.

That's prolly the reason for the bounce in the Aussie.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=australia

699475[/snapback]

I think the whole world will announce this on Monday morning.

The G7 is talking about guaranteeing all interbank loans worldwide. This basically means that a bank can lend any asset at any price to another bank and its guaranteed. It seems to me that this implies a guarantee on the balance sheet of every bank. The only way for a bank to lose your deposits is to write something off. So, remove mark to market, and you effectively have a guarantee on all deposits.

If I ran a bank under these circumstances, I'd lend out all of my assets and use the funds to borrow any old crappy assets from another bank. This way, everyone's assets are guaranteed.

Archived