B4 The Bell Thursday September 9

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a shitzu.....that's why I stole it from some web site to use here....LOL

I think it also befits some of my feelings about myself and I've even showed it to my mental health coach... When he asks me how I feel about this and that and I just show him the picture.... Sometimes I tell my coach about the bear boards and sometimes post on. I sometimes tell my coach that the whole econonmy is in big trouble and the currency is unstable and the stock market could decline a lot. My coach sometimes suggests that I have delusional tendancies and severe paranoia. I just have to laugh in a very curious and strange way at that, I mean he is just another sheeple.....

:grin:

Associated Press

Intersil Warns of Lower Q3 Sales

Thursday September 9, 6:45 pm ET

Intersil Guides Third-Quarter Sales, Earnings Lower on Weaker Chip Demand

MILPITAS, Calif. (AP) -- Chip maker Intersil Corp. on Wednesday became another player in the semiconductor industry to warn investors of lower-than-expected third-quarter sales as it misjudged customer demand.

The company examined customer order rates and now expect to post revenue of $140 million during the period, significantly lower than the $154 million to $160 million range it previously forecast. The new sales numbers are also lower than the $144.2 million Intersil achieved during this year's second quarter.

The revised revenue numbers should result in adjusted earnings of about 15 cents a share for the quarter. anal cysts polled by Thomson First Call expect earnings of 22 cents a share on revenue of $156.4 million.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040909/intersil_warns_1.html

Associated Press

Vishay Lowers 3Q Expectations

Thursday September 9, 6:51 pm ET

Vishay Intertechnology Lowers Third-Quarter Earnings Expectations on Sluggish Demand

MALVERN, Pa. (AP) -- Chip maker Vishay Intertechnology Inc. on Thursday lowered its earnings outlook for the third quarter, joining a number of others in the sector that have warned of lower demand from customers.

Vishay originally expected its third-quarter earnings to be flat compared with the second-quarter earnings of $41.1 million, or 22 cents per share, on revenue of $646.7 million this year. The company did not provide specific financial figures for its lowered outlook in a press release.

anal cysts polled by Thomson First Call expected third-quarter earnings of 23 cents per share on $647.3 million in revenue.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040909/vishay_outlook_1.html

Associated Press

Atmel Cuts 3Q Outlook on Soft Sales

Thursday September 9, 6:36 pm ET

Atmel Revises Third-Quarter Revenue Outlook Down on Soft Sales

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Chip maker Atmel Corp. revised its third-quarter revenue outlook lower Thursday to reflect softer-than-expected summer sales, sending the stock down in the after-hours market.

Shares of Atmel fell 17 cents, or 4.5 percent, to $3.58 in after-hours trading on the Nasdaq after gaining 37 cents, or 11 percent, to close at $3.75 during the regular session.

The company expects revenue to be 2 percent to 6 percent below the $420.8 million reported in the second quarter, due to slow sales of microcontroller and memory products. Atmel had originally anticipated a 2 percent to 6 percent increase for the third quarter.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040909/atmel_outlook_1.html

Associated Press

Ruby Tuesday Lowers Outlook

09.09.2004, 06:16 PM

Ruby Tuesday Inc. cut its first-quarter earnings outlook Thursday, citing lower-than-expected sales at company-owned restaurants.

The company said it now expects earnings to grow by 19 percent for the quarter, down from earlier predictions of 22 percent growth. anal cysts surveyed by Thomson First Call have predicted earnings of 45 cents per share, or about 22 percent growth from the first quarter of 2003.

Quarterly same-store sales, or sales at stores open at least a year, rose 3.9 percent at domestic franchise restaurants in and but fell 2.7 percent a company-owned restaurants compared with the year-ago period.

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2004/0.../ap1538139.html

On a more positive note....

So here's my call: The standard wisdom was wrong about the convention bounces. And it's going to be wrong again -- about September being a bad month for stocks. September is going to be a great month for stocks, and so is October.

But be prepared for more bad "news" along the way. There will be more earnings warnings and more disappointments, especially in the tech sector. But that's just the bad effects of the uncertainties of the last several months shaking themselves out of the system. As before, and as always, stocks will ignore the "news" and look to the future. The future is good, and the market is going to be very good too.

So I'm very happy hanging in there with the pretty much fully invested equity position I have in my Strategy Lab portfolio and with my short position in Treasury bonds. Stocks are going higher. And when the seemingly brain-dead bond market finally gets the same message that stocks are beginning to see already, look out below.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/StratL...nd10/P94192.asp

Apple downgraded on valuation

Bear Stearns cuts rating amid stock's rise

By August Cole & Michael Paige, CBS.MarketWatch.com

Last Update: 5:03 PM ET Sept. 9, 2004

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Apple Computer's shares were downgraded Thursday by Bear Stearns as the stock has risen sharply for the year, pushing it past the firm's year-end price target.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story...0AFB5E10F98D%7D

Archived