B4 the Bell, Moonday, July 12, 2004

Guest yobob1

If they cancel the election, there will be blood in the streets.

Doc - the sheep are truly asleep. and will not riot. Hell - half the population doesn't even vote !! The media will spin it. Americans have not noticed that the constitution is already lost.

In stoolie terms it might be the 'constipation' for all it's worth now.

I mean if the military won't defend and protect it then they

will most likely fire upon any insurrection ... and with

their big guns it would be a slaughter. So the media will

be percieved as the great protector as they lull the sleeple

through the birth pangs of total corporate globalism. On the other

side, the matrix.

rant off.

tomorrow is down.

solar flares will dampen the upside, IMO.

Major solar activity today (has been associated this last year with unusual and/or warm weather):

SOLAR ACTIVITY: An M1-class solar flare erupted today at 0800 UT, and the blast hurled a coronal mass ejection (CME, movie) into space. The source of the explosion was, apparently, over the sun's eastern limb, so the bulk of the cloud is not heading for Earth. This could be an early sign, however, of increasing solar activity in the days ahead...

If they persist, these 'spots will emerge over the sun's east limb, carried into view by solar rotation, between July 13th and 17th. Once they are facing Earth, the active regions could hurl CMEs toward Earth and spark geomagnetic storms. Stay tuned!

http://www.spaceweather.com/

PS Still would like to short any rally, if any, about 5 to 10 SPX points if that develops slowly tommorow - it's possible only if the techs rebound some.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Futures are all over the map tonight. PM's getting tossed over the side. Something going on out there.

Should be the last good buying opportunity for pm's for a while after this break plays itself out. But I've been wrong before.

The way they are dumping it in Hong Kong, something isn't right. No futures pump either. Just damn strange.

Icky,

Great posts, as always, by you today.

Are you getting rain there now? As I was feeding the birds at sundown, it looked real good on the southeastern horizon.

I just looked at weather.com and we aren't going to get any of it.

Hit 120 degrees on my patio again today. How's your power situation? You're obviously still on line. Hope all is well.

B.S.

Mahendra is routinely mocked on prubear.

Someone going to come out of the woodwork to steal this election? Wow. I'm one guy who doubts it. Bush and Herman Munster seem like they're taking the air out of the ball already and we have 16 weeks to go. Maybe we stools get the surprise of our lives and this election goes down as the most boring in history.

Guest Icky Twerp

B.S.

still got power. . .

no rain, lots o' wind. . .

Has it only been alarmism to worry about the power grid?

I have trouble believin' that Phoenix consumers have conserved enough to avoid it.

It must just have been luck that we've staid under 110?

Kinda hot in my apt tonite, tho'... still shows over 77, even tho' the blowers been working for a coulple hours now. . .

Came across something called "Mahendra prophecy" in a coffee forum. He is generally bullish on commods, negative on stocks (as I am).

Mahendra

Intriguing bit is at the bottom:

In two weeks time, the worst period for world peace will come and there will be major uncertainty.  I shall soon write some more in regard to this uncertainty.

He has been on target for Sugar and OJ and predicting weakenss in the grains, but has been way off on Coffee. He may finally be right on the latter as it looks to bottom within the next week or so.

His 2004 World and Fincial Prophecies book predicts for Saudi Arabia:

"The year 2004 will be a peaceful and quiet year...."

NDX Elliott:

Possible bounce coming. Intra-day price pierced and closed above 61.8% retracement and lower Bollinger Band.

Stochastic set to turn.

Wave A may be complete.

Retracement levels:

38.2% 1458

61.8% 1483 and will fill the gap at 1471.21 to 1473.73

post-20-1089692550_thumb.png

Guest Icky Twerp

boring?

sure, it could happen. . . Bush loses and goes off quietly into the night. Meanwhile the teensy-weensy changes effected by Kerry make no difference at all to the Kwave scenario.

Would the K-man still be talking about expanding the Drug Benefit for Seniors?

Would he continue the war ?

Would he fiddle-about with the tax code in meaningless ways?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

From Drudge --

"NYT: COLLAPSE OF THE EARTH'S MAGNETIC FIELD ACCELERATES

Mon Jul 12 2004 18:17:38 ET

The collapse of the earth's magnetic field, which both guards the planet and guides many of its creatures, appears to have started in earnest about 150 years ago, the NY TIMES is planning to report on Page Ones Tuesday.

Science reporter Bill Broad has filed a report, according to newsroom sources, which explores how: 'The field's strength has waned 10 percent to 15 percent so far and this deterioration has accelerated of late, increasing debate over whether it portends a reversal of the lines of magnetic force that normally envelop the earth."

Broad explains: "During a reversal, the main field weakens, almost vanishes, and then reappears with opposite polarity. Afterward, compass needles that normally point north would point south, and during the thousands of years of transition much in the heavens and Earth would go askew."

Broad claims: "A reversal could knock out power grids, hurt astronauts and satellites, widen atmospheric ozone holes, send polar auroras flashing to the equator and confuse birds, fish and migratory animals that rely on the steadiness of the magnetic field as a navigation aid."

Developing..."

I guess that explains my portfolio going south.

Drudge Report

Gold gettering hammered in Hong Kong trading. Silver following.

Could be another try after the knock down attempt during NY hours failed. Perhaps just a large player unloading positions at a certain price benchmark or trying to sell ahead of the crowd, by doing it overnight?

Archived