Glossary Part 2

Shrubby's address results are in.  It looks like another $87B for Afghanistan and Iraq.  

That'll get us perilously close to the $650B deficit level next year I would suppose.....

Good thing money grows on trees.

That $650 would be a good guess (ex-Social Security) assuming roughly 2% GDP growth and interest rates more or less the same.

Having said that, I doubt things will go that smoothly.

P.S. Raw materials, such as lumber and gasoline, should stay in high demand until the next recession hits - as many products will be shipped to Iraq. Another plus for natural resource companies.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Futures down 5 spx and 9.5 on nascrap

From my weekend assortment of readings;

the high last week has the potential to be the high of the year

the next 12-15 months should present some of the wildest swings the Nascrap has ever seen

NDX is setting up for a waterfall decline this year possibly from a higher level

Current COT report is EXTREMELY BEARISH and suggests a decline of at least 100 pts

da boyz just slammed gold so I would imagine that they are going to give maximum effort at manufacturing a wave the flag rally for the bushman tomorrow. After that, all bets are off. :huh: :o :unsure:

Speculation as to where futures are is pointless until we get the fair value number-I find it interesting that cnn and other sites who post fair value are mute-obviously the numbers are bad so we can't see them yet. A Californicate meeting with ample notice piques my interest if Bare and his cardboard box go I too might go! Trade Safe!

given the parlous state of BARE's MARGIN ACCOUNT of late, he might attend the Calif NYCASS equivalent WEARING a cardboard box!

LOL

what's anUDDER stinkin' 87bn among FRIENDS???

oh. Y'all should go read that FURst Chapter of Paul Johnson's MODERN TIMES. Talks about the British Empire in 1919. Had the world's third largest army, the world's most powerful fleet, had just secured Jordan and Iraq. Speakin of S Africa Smut's annexed Zimbabwe, etc. and India was under it's control. Everything looked PEACHY. However, it was stretched too FUR, too thin. When problems arose in India, etc. British troops became sitting ducks, and events rapidly spiralled (two l's?) out of control. There were mass demonstrations and riots - only put down by the infusion of huge nos. of additional troops. The British never really were able to quell domestic strife unleashed by Dyer's iron fist at Amritsar.

Eerily redolent of our parlous international situation. TOO redolent.

BARE haz said it beFUR and will say it AGAIN: Iraq will make ALGERIA look like child's play. We've a stubborn TEXAN calling the shots overseas, again, literally. Equally resolved to plunge us FURther into an intractable situation. Equally grimly determined SNOT to "lose" the region/country in question. Proving more and more susceptible to pressures to build up FURces.

Speculation as to where futures are is pointless until we get the fair value number-I find it interesting that cnn and other sites who post fair value are mute-obviously the numbers are bad so we can't see them yet. A Californicate meeting with ample notice piques my interest if Bare and his cardboard box go I too might go! Trade Safe!

no Speculation here .

Live Lind waldock quote @ 9:55 pm 1022 s-p

You can Bank on it.

Can someone point me to any info/articles regarding the current and future problems of govt. deficit spending?

As much as I've been able to educate my Dad regarding the state of the economy and the best place for his money, he's still a rabid Shrub/Limbaugh supporter. I sympathize with him to the extent that he's retired military, but I wish I could shake his misinformed, neo-con bias. :(

MOUSE!!!

yew LOUT!!! it's ANECTDOTAL, SNOT anadotal!

BARE is MOST ANNOYED with Igor who also IGNORED his directive to invent "a better MOUSEtrap" beFUR running off to Transylvania. He didn't even bother to wait FUR a FULL MOON.

HRFF is now staring at both a RIF and drop in productivity at his laboratory...

oh. y'all should go read http://www.dailyreckoning.com 's latest. Sez the YELLOW PERIL (China) is going to git us all. SNOT if, but WHEN and when it DOES, all of Asia will fall in line.

HRFF's ex-girlfriend was married FUR years to a WWII vet who warned decades ago the Chinese would be the real threat to America in the future, economically, militarily, globally, etc.

Looking more and more like he may be RIGHT.

And if this madman in NKor does something rASSh? on Tues. that REALLY could bolox thingz up, wot?

Archived