IDS World Markets Mon 24th April 06

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t?s=^AORD

All Ords zoomed up on open but now appears to be running out of puff. The index currently +0.3% with Energy and Materials in the lead, +1.6%. IT is next at +1.5%. There's a sprinkling of reds with Telecom and Financials down the most, -0.4%.

A big jump on the miners so I bet all those sellers last week are peed off. On the other hand we may see another selloff on pog, shakeout time... BHP and RIO up over 2% and all the golds green with Newmont out in front, +3.2%.

Oils also looking good: Santos and Woodside 1%+.

Asia on a slide: Nikkers -2.3% and Sth Korea -1.2%.

w?s=^AORD

All Ords remained fairly static for the rest of the day, finishing +0.4%. Materials remained clear leader, +1.7% while Energy dropped back a little, +0.9%. Healthcare faded into the rear, -0.5%.

Miners much the same as the morning post although gold producer Newcrest only made a brief trip into the green. Newmont closed +2.4%.

Big oils all closed up but volume not terrific. The oil juniors on the other hand are waving their little arms furiously and saying 'pick me'.

Oz market closed tomorrow for a national holiday but I'll be opening the forum as usual.

Asia looking decidedly bearish today: Nikkers -2.8%, Sth Korea -1.4% and Honkers -0.8%.

Over to UK/Europe:

t?s=^FTSE

t?s=^GDAXIClosed

t?s=^FCHI

http://quote.yahoo.com/m2?u

My son's in Darwin, Monica's next destination. He should be OK. He's working as a Bush Pilot. So, free ride out of town. Gotta get the aircraft out of harm's way.

BHP should gap higher on LSE and NYSE. Up 3% in Oz. ASX200 gained about 18 points today.

12 of those points were from BHP.

bhp

As usual, great discussions this weekend!

Just a few hours to go. Get your bids in now!

Bid on a one-time introductory trial subscription to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition at eBay and get a great deal! There's an auction ending today. Now's your chance to get a really great price on an introductory 3-month trial subscription to this indispensible source of information and data you can't get anywhere else! Bid now on today's auction!

Current bid at 7:10 AM ET just $33!

Whatamibid? Whatamibid? How about you sir?

BID HERE RIGHT NOW ON TODAY'S AUCTION!

Doc, while I was browsing around on Saturday evening I did something to my web browser that caused the board to change to a format that showed the lead post from page 1 of the topic with another window below it that had a tree of all the other posts. It was a complete PITA to work with.

After a lot of upgrading and troubleshooting it turned out to be one of the options on a set of switches on the title bar of the window that has the board message contents.

If anyone wants to try it look for the [Outline - Standard - Linear+ ]words on the right side of the bar below the advertising. It's a switch set, and I had clicked onto outline, standard is what I want and usually use.

I didn't see any difference between standard and Linear+ though. Do you know what the difference is?

Tanks in advance

Doc, while I was browsing around on Saturday evening I did something to my web browser that caused the board to change to a format that showed the lead post from page 1 of the topic with another window below it that had a tree of all the other posts.  It was a complete PITA to work with.

After a lot of upgrading and troubleshooting it turned out to be one of the options on a set of switches on the title bar of the window that has the board message contents.

If anyone wants to try it look for the [Outline - Standard - Linear+ ]words on the right side of the bar below the advertising.  It's a switch set, and I had clicked onto outline, standard is what I want and usually use.

I didn't see any difference between standard and Linear+ though.  Do you know what the difference is?

Tanks in advance

I've never used anything other than the standard setup.

Archived